EHS @ BGA

Ensworth11

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, EHS earned a playoff berth with a 24-21 win over BGA at home. This year, EHS travels to BGA on thursday night for the comcast game of the week in hopes of securing a perfect regular season and the number one seed in the DII Playoffs. What are everyone's thoughts and predictions for this game?

EHS has had success against BGA recently, but this is not the BGA of old. Expect a great game from both sides. As an EHS fan, I have heard a lot of good things about BGA's QB, so I am looking forward to seeing him in action. Overall though, I don't think BGA an stop EHS' two-headed monster in the backfield.

EHS in a close one 35-27.

Last year, EHS earned a playoff berth with a 24-21 win over BGA at home. This year, EHS travels to BGA on thursday night for the comcast game of the week in hopes of securing a perfect regular season and the number one seed in the DII Playoffs. What are everyone's thoughts and predictions for this game?

For what it is worth, EHS and BGA have only 2 common opponents despite being in the same region.

Ryan: BGA won 7-3 in a downpour. EHS won 38-25 but trailed with 2 mins to go.

Webb: EHS won 24-7 BGA won 21-13 but trailed in the 1st half.

EHS has signature wins over MBA and McCallie.

BGA over Baylor and Briarcrest. BGA's only loss was to BA 28-6.

I have to go with EHS.

I keep hearing about is BGA's passing game. What about BGA's defense? specifically run defense?

The most recent stats on tnsuperprep.com (which hasn't been updated in 2 weeks), puts BGA at #10 in scoring D in DII AA (18 points per game). They are 1st in passing D (80 yards per game), but #11 in rushing D (179 yards per game). I have to believe that after the BA game, BGA's stats have gotten worse, but I don't have that info. EHS is the number 1 team in scoring and rushing, so expect Ensworth to put up big numbers on the ground.

On the other hand, BGA is 4th in scoring, and 3rd in passing, while EHS is 9th in scoring D, and 13th in passing D. I think Ramsey will have a big day for the Wildcats.

Expect this game to be a lot like EHS v. MBA, with EHS dominating on the ground, but BGA putting up huge numbers through the air. MBA is more athletic than BGA, so I think EHS has this one as long as they come out with focus and intensity.

EHS by 14

I will say that the BGA v. BA game was quite the decisive win for brentwood. But Ensworth is no BA. BA's defense is one of the best in the league, whereas Ensworth can hardly stop the pass game. As long as BGA can make atleast one stop. I think they will have this game in the bag.

This has nothing directly to do with FB, but here is an interesting article in the national press on EHS.

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/featur...te-School#page3

Why would you post this? It has nothing to do with anything. This thread is about the EHS vs. BGA game, so lets keep it to that (or at least post something about high school football).