USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been hearing how amazing e.j. is... dont get me wrong hes very talented but last year when tca played them in jv he was held to 5 points and the guy he was guarding (roger tatum) dropped 28

hahahaha. Tcaee. Your sadly mistaken. Miller didnt play as well as he usually does, he had a sprained ankle during those games but still dropped 15 in each meeting between USJ and TCA. He is going to be one of the top players in tennessee this year.

nah usj lost both those games to tca... we had guys out both those games and e.j. had 5 points in the game at usj... he'll admit it... he's good but not one of the best players in tennessee, especially not playing in a region that has some of the best full court presses anywhere... hed be great in 1a not so much in 2a

baseballlordie said e.j. miller was one of the best players in the state... how come he only scored 9 against mcnairy central???? because hes not one of the best in the state... prather dropped 30 on bolivar... when miller does that, call him one of the best

What else went on last night? How many steals/assists did Miller have? I don't know and I am betting you don't either. It's not all about the scoring, but when you grow up a little, you will understand. If you want to start a Northside thread on how good Prather is (and he is) that will be great, but have a little class and stop getting on here running down a 16 year old kid, who may have just had a much better game than the box scores show this morning.

I attended the game last night in Selmer. EJ was not having a good night. But most of the guys for both McNairy and USJ look like they were still playing football. It will take a couple of warm-up HOF games to get in gear.

Will Pearce looked very good. the Freshman John Ross Glover came off the bench and played quite a bit...rebounded well and look ready to play at this level ... Unsure of his points. Other wise McNairy will be a good AA team when they get the football out of their system.

I attended the game last night in Selmer. EJ was not having a good night. But most of the guys for both McNairy and USJ look like they were still playing football. It will take a couple of warm-up HOF games to get in gear.

Will Pearce looked very good. the Freshman John Ross Glover came off the bench and played quite a bit...rebounded well and look ready to play at this level ... Unsure of his points. Other wise McNairy will be a good AA team when they get the football out of their system.

I went and watched this as well. McNairy did not look good at all. They really don't have any one kid that stands out. Cortez scored at will yet those down low opportunities he had last night will not be there against other teams they play. Snyde and company are in the middle of "rebuilding" and will have a tough go of it this year.

As for the Bruins, at what point do you realize that you should go zone. First 20 or so points of the game were layups due to being outsized, by someone not really that big anyway. Had they packed a zone, McNairy proved occasionally throughout the game, they can not shoot from the outside and in my opinion this would not have been close.

Miller got to the hole well, yet could not finish. Countless opportunities at point blank range. He fixes this, he would have had the 30 mentioned above. Glover will be a good one with more experience. Pierce had a nice game. Not quite sure of some of the supporting cast, I know he has better crop of freshmen and sophomores than some of those that actually played.

Good Luck to Both teams

im not running down a 15 year old i simply stated a fact... go back and look at how disrespectful some of these KIDS from usj have been... i personally know ej, were friends.. and i PROMISE you he would never want ppl getting on here and hyping him and the usj team the way they have... my point was that as talented as he is, he isnt one of the best in all of tennessee yet, i know that, he knows that and thats all the matters