Division II AA State Championship - Substate to Final

FutbalFan

I think the GPS vs. Briarcrest should be a great game, with a slight edge to Briarcrest.

I think Baylor will beat BA.

Father Ryan seems to surging now, so I'll go with it (plus I graduated from FR...)

St. A at JPII -- Based on what I saw earlier this year, I'd go with SAA, but with JPII's strong showing against Baylor, I'm changing my vote (sorry)

Can this guy pick 'em, or what?!!?....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't over till it's over !!

There's no such thing as the "h2odog curse", is there?. If so, Baylor doesn't hvae a chance.

And don't leave us dog .... keeping giving us your thoughts and predictions.

OK, based on all the applause, I will give one encore song. It's called, "Forget the Rankings" AKA - country version, "They don't mean a flip in the finals".

Since we can't spell stastistics or use stra-tegery, I'm going with the old 1 to 10 scale, 10 being more better.

Baylor----10.0

JPJ---------8.5

FR----------8.3

Briarcrest--6.0

For Soccermom: The top three have been there, played each other and incredibly tough schedules. BCHS struggled with GPS, which is a 5.0 on the above scale. As you saw yesterday, your game (scoring) can be stopped and the above are really good at that. You can throw you whole history away at this point. Hey, just an opinion /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> and wish the West had more teams in the hunt, but the strength this year is east of the Tennessee River. May be true in AAA as well, although Houston is playing some great soccer.

OK, based on all the applause, I will give one encore song. It's called, "Forget the Rankings" AKA - country version, "They don't mean a flip in the finals".

Since we can't spell stastistics or use stra-tegery, I'm going with the old 1 to 10 scale, 10 being more better.

Baylor----10.0

JPJ---------8.5

FR----------8.3

Briarcrest--6.0

For Soccermom: The top three have been there, played each other and incredibly tough schedules. BCHS struggled with GPS, which is a 5.0 on the above scale. As you saw yesterday, your game (scoring) can be stopped and the above are really good at that. You can throw you whole history away at this point. Hey, just an opinion /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> and wish the West had more teams in the hunt, but the strength this year is east of the Tennessee River. May be true in AAA as well, although Houston is playing some great soccer.

Time will tell! I believe that you didn't think that Briarcrest had a chance to win the region....but we did. There were numerous folks who thought that Briarcrest wouldn't get to substate....let alone get through substate and into the state semi-finals....but we did!

I'm just looking forward to Thursday!

Time will tell! I believe that you didn't think that Briarcrest had a chance to win the region....but we did. There were numerous folks who thought that Briarcrest wouldn't get to substate....let alone get through substate and into the state semi-finals....but we did!

I will be happy to buy you lunch at the spot of your choosing and wish BCHS the best. You are on a high, IMO, and I totally understand. I think I've got a few years on you and am only speaking from my experience. You guys have achieved more that I thought you could and heartfelt congratulations for that. You are at a level, that you have not experienced before. If you can, you will. If you don't, you still made us proud. Go forth and Kick Butt.

I was one of the people who never thought Briarcrest could do it. I am a club coach, fan of Houston High School, but made it to many area games, including both ECS/Briarcrest games. I thought (and still do think) that a healthy ECS team should be in the State DII semi-finals. Congratulations to Briarcrest. I've have heard from many that the GPS game was a tense and somewhat contraversial game. Hats off to those who made it to Chattanooga. Baylor could probably win state in both the public and private division.

I will be happy to buy you lunch at the spot of your choosing and wish BCHS the best. You are on a high, IMO, and I totally understand. I think I've got a few years on you and am only speaking from my experience. You guys have achieved more that I thought you could and heartfelt congratulations for that. You are at a level, that you have not experienced before. If you can, you will. If you don't, you still made us proud. Go forth and Kick Butt.

Thanks for the well wishes! Yes, I believe that it has been over 10 years since Briarcrest has been able to play at this level.

I was one of the people who never thought Briarcrest could do it. I am a club coach, fan of Houston High School, but made it to many area games, including both ECS/Briarcrest games. I thought (and still do think) that a healthy ECS team should be in the State DII semi-finals. Congratulations to Briarcrest. I've have heard from many that the GPS game was a tense and somewhat contraversial game. Hats off to those who made it to Chattanooga. Baylor could probably win state in both the public and private division.

We just hope to have the opportunity to play Baylor! Although many thought that we could not make it to this point, I think that our pre-season scrimmage against Houston was something that showed that we do have what it takes to play this year. Were you at that event? For some reason, the scrimmage was posted on the Houston website prior to the game...but after the game, the scrimmage was removed from the Houston schedule so the score and play only lives on in the minds of the folks that were there! Houston has a great team and should be able to make it to the finals themselves. I would predict them to be the best chance for bringing home the championship in AAA for the west.

ECS is a very good team, and I know one of their seniors was out for the entire year while their junior in the midfield was out during post season play. I believe that all of the teams this year have players out with Briarcrest currently having four players out. For D2AA, the race was very close this year with lots of talent on all of the teams from the various clubs. It will be very interesting next year when there are only four D2AA teams in the West.

I'm not sure why the GPS game was considered controversial. The GPS coach himself talked to me indicating that he thought that it was a very well played game. The only controversy was due to a GPS fan not liking something and pouring a coke on a Briarcrest parent at the end of the game! However, that was after the game concluded. I know that Josie Rix was very upset with the yellow card that she received, and one other GPS player received a yellow. Briarcrest did not receive any yellows.

We just hope to have the opportunity to play Baylor! Although many thought that we could not make it to this point, I think that our pre-season scrimmage against Houston was something that showed that we do have what it takes to play this year. Were you at that event? For some reason, the scrimmage was posted on the Houston website prior to the game...but after the game, the scrimmage was removed from the Houston schedule so the score and play only lives on in the minds of the folks that were there! Houston has a great team and should be able to make it to the finals themselves. I would predict them to be the best chance for bringing home the championship in AAA for the west.

ECS is a very good team, and I know one of their seniors was out for the entire year while their junior in the midfield was out during post season play. I believe that all of the teams this year have players out with Briarcrest currently having four players out. For D2AA, the race was very close this year with lots of talent on all of the teams from the various clubs. It will be very interesting next year when there are only four D2AA teams in the West.

I'm not sure why the GPS game was considered controversial. The GPS coach himself talked to me indicating that he thought that it was a very well played game. The only controversy was due to a GPS fan not liking something and pouring a coke on a Briarcrest parent at the end of the game! However, that was after the game concluded. I know that Josie Rix was very upset with the yellow card that she received, and one other GPS player received a yellow. Briarcrest did not receive any yellows.

As you may recall me saying some time ago, "me thinks she protest.....". Just let me say this and I won't bug you again. We in the West are all proud to have representation in the DII State. The game this past Saturday is history. The Houston game is history. I could be on here giving all the excuses why ECS and SAA didn't make it, but who cares, only us. Briarcrest needs to only to think about Thursday and nothing else. PJII does not care who you beat, who's hurt, who got carded or how pretty your bus is. They want to win one game. If you guys think of how to beat Baylor, you'll never get a chance. Briarcrest is in the way for PJII to get another shot at Baylor and as much as they want that, they want you more. Get everyone, parents and players to focus on one game and hopefully you'll get two. If you team doesn't take PJII seriously, they will be watching Baylor and PJII in the championship and wondering why it's not them.

You know I think post season momentum is like a snowball rolling down a hill. In ten days, PJII has beaten Father Ryan, who beat ECS and gave Baylor the toughest game of the year. They certainly surprised us, cause we were focused on Chattanooga, not Nashville. They just might be forming an avalanche.

Just another Dog opinion. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />