Unaka's Chesnie Cox Sidelined

krichunaka

Chesnie Cox is set to undergo surgery later this week at Wake Forrest University - Winston Salem, North Carolina. How much time the promising Lady Ranger sophomore guard will miss is unclear, but more than anything, this is to offer prayers for a successful surgery, and if God wills, a healthy return to the court.

To Chesnie, her mother Cheri, father Tim, her precious grandma, Brenda Taylor, and the entire family, many of us will be praying for all of you.

And we're looking forward to seeing you running the court again soon.

God Bless you, Chesnie!

Kim

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich any information on why she is having surgery??? She is a key player for the lady rangers this year and not only a good player but a really good kid as well...

Thoughts and prayers absolutely for Chesney Cox and all of her family members.

I will check with her mother to clarify, and see how much information the family wishes to publicize.

Chesnie has shown amazing improvement. Chesnie, Natalie Johnson, Taylor Byars, Danielle Jones, and senior

Kaleigh Elsea will be a fast, deep perimeter force this season.

I will check with her mother to clarify, and see how much information the family wishes to publicize.

Chesnie has shown amazing improvement. Chesnie, Natalie Johnson, Taylor Byars, Danielle Jones, and senior

Kaleigh Elsea will be a fast, deep perimeter force this season.

Krich, Thanks so much for your concern and prayers for Chesnie. Recently, we learned she was born with a PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus), which is a condition where a blood vessel fails to close after birth. The condition leads to abnormal blood flow between the aorta and the pulmonary artery. You can read ( and probably understand it, better than me trying to explain) at Mayoclinic.com. The up side is God is ALWAYS in control!!! Had it not been that my Dad had a heart disease (Hypertrophic Cardiomopathy) we probably may have never found this out and that could have been bad for her later. Again, thanks for thinking of her and keeping her in your prayers. She is scheduled for surgery at 8:30, Wednesday morning at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem.

Just spoke with Chesnie's mother. She and Tim are in the room with their daughter.

The surgery appears to have gone well.

And this is AWESOME!: Chesnie's pastor, Clarence Phillips, is there. He made the

drive all the way from Stoney Creek.

And Cheri told us something that puts things into very clear perspective. Chesnie's

doctor had to rush to another room to care for a young man Chesnie's age, who is

now undergoing very elaborate heart surgery. I won't attempt to explain here, but

it's significant that while enduring these trying times, Chesnie's family took the time

to mention him.

Continued prayers.

Just spoke with Chesnie's mother. She and Tim are in the room with their daughter.

The surgery appears to have gone well.

And this is AWESOME!: Chesnie's pastor, Clarence Phillips, is there. He made the

drive all the way from Stoney Creek.

And Cheri told us something that puts things into very clear perspective. Chesnie's

doctor had to rush to another room to care for a young man Chesnie's age, who is

now undergoing very elaborate heart surgery. I won't attempt to explain here, but

it's significant that while enduring these trying times, Chesnie's family took the time

to mention him.

Continued prayers.

That's great news..!..Prayers from Lake Co

• 2 weeks later...

Any new info on how Chesnie is doing????????

Thoughts and prayers on her from Hampton

Chesnie is doing really great. She went back to the doctor yesterday and she was released to give basketball all she's got, so yesterday was her first full practice day. The doctor's had her on restricted practice, which was allowing her to shoot only. Her dad and I would like to Thank everyone for all your prayers and thoughts and calls, GOD allowed her a good surgery and a fast recovery. Again, Thanks everyone for remembering Chesnie!!!

Chesnie is doing really great. She went back to the doctor yesterday and she was released to give basketball all she's got, so yesterday was her first full practice day. The doctor's had her on restricted practice, which was allowing her to shoot only. Her dad and I would like to Thank everyone for all your prayers and thoughts and calls, GOD allowed her a good surgery and a fast recovery. Again, Thanks everyone for remembering Chesnie!!!

Well that is a great blessing from GOD that she come through that great and was able to practice.

If thats not the workings of GOD then idk what is. Glad to hear that she is doing great!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />