District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

What happened to Franklin tonight against Mt. Juliet?

They lost to a .500 Mt. Juliet team. I understand Franklin has some people out, but let's be realistic Franklin is not unstoppable. And because of that they will NOT make it to the state tourney. But no team in dist. 11 (with the exception of Hillsboro in 05) ever does and the streak will continue this year. Franklin needs their football guys and everyone else who is injured to get back and in a hurry. I see Franklin losing some district games as well this year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost to a .500 Mt. Juliet team. I understand Franklin has some people out, but let's be realistic Franklin is not unstoppable. And because of that they will NOT make it to the state tourney. But no team in dist. 11 (with the exception of Hillsboro in 05) ever does and the streak will continue this year. Franklin needs their football guys and everyone else who is injured to get back and in a hurry. I see Franklin losing some district games as well this year.

I figured we'd see a post about Franklin being down. Let me share something with you. Franklin is still missing ALL-Region starter Jamal Starnes; he is playing in the football state championship today. Reed Glover hasn't touched the floor yet with an ankle injury. Most who have seen Franklin play know how valuble Glover and Starnes are. Also, Austin Pace, who was starting for Glover, has been out with an ankle injury as well. Therefore, you take away 3 players from any team (2 returning starters) and the sixth man and most teams will struggle. Franklin was 4-2 at this point last year, it worked out ok once district play started.

On another note, M-Juliets PG missed those games they lost earlier, Jackson makes them a lot better, not many 6'0 guards catch ally's above the rim. That was impressive.

Imagine Starnes and Haddiix in the same lineup!

OH, Young had 17, Haddix 15

I figured we'd see a post about Franklin being down. Let me share something with you. Franklin is still missing ALL-Region starter Jamal Starnes; he is playing in the football state championship today. Reed Glover hasn't touched the floor yet with an ankle injury. Most who have seen Franklin play know how valuble Glover and Starnes are. Also, Austin Pace, who was starting for Glover, has been out with an ankle injury as well. Therefore, you take away 3 players from any team (2 returning starters) and the sixth man and most teams will struggle. Franklin was 4-2 at this point last year, it worked out ok once district play started.

On another note, M-Juliets PG missed those games they lost earlier, Jackson makes them a lot better, not many 6'0 guards catch ally's above the rim. That was impressive.

Imagine Starnes and Haddiix in the same lineup!

OH, Young had 17, Haddix 15

Is Jamal playing this year? any official word yet?

Welcome Back Rebels,

The Franklin Rebels could get 2 starters back this week. ALL-Region forward Jamaul Starnes should be ready to go by the end of this week. Reed Glover is also expected back after suffering a sprained ankle. The Rebels will be pretty good inside with Starnes and Haddix roaming in the paint. Should be interesting to watch.

Franklin is definitely not down this year and i see them running away with the district. Hopefully they will start peaking and play their best basketball at the end of the season in the play-offs. However, if they make it to the state tournament they could have some big trouble with White Station and their two dominant players in Ferrakhon Hall and Joe Jackson. Also, Bearden could be a big test as well with big Demonte Simpson.

Franklin is definitely not down this year and i see them running away with the district. Hopefully they will start peaking and play their best basketball at the end of the season in the play-offs. However, if they make it to the state tournament they could have some big trouble with White Station and their two dominant players in Ferrakhon Hall and Joe Jackson. Also, Bearden could be a big test as well with big Demonte Simpson.

I would love to see Franklin make it to the state tourney. However history is not on their side in that no one from district 11 ever makes it to the state tourney (with the exception of Hillsboro in 05). I just don't see them getting that far, but we will see.

I don't think anybody is predicting a "state tourney birth"! First thing is first; WIN THE DISTRICT: WIN DISTRICT TOURNEY; FINISH TOP 2 AT REGIONS, and see what happens. Too much has to go right to predict a team is going to make it to state, so saying a team will not make it as (sleeper) likes to say is not a real big stretch. Sleeper will not be in the "crystal ball buisness" anytime soon!

Michael Young and co. have some reinforcements coming: 6'4 F Jamaul Starnes and 6'3 G Reed Glover should be ready to go by this weekend! Starnes is a two time all district and returning all-region performer. Reed Glover can play anywhere on the court. Sixth man Austin Pace is also close to a return. Combine Starnes and Haddix (6'8) in the paint and you have a nasty combo. Should take the scoring pressure off Young and the other wings. Can't wait to see the Rebels at full strength. Franklin was 4-2 last year at this point and they still made the region semis and won close to 30 games, no one is "too worried" with a 4-2 start. They don't hand out district crowns in December.

Yo: I have seen the Starnes kid for Franklin play. He can jump. block shots, defend, and score double digits. Two years ago, he was rising on the AAU scene with his play at Nationals, but for some reason he did not play with the Rage last AAU season. Franklin will be much improved if he and Haddix are playing well together. From what I hear, Haddix may be the most improved player in middle TN? He's come out of nowhere. If Franklin has been without Starnes and Glover so far, that's why they have 2 close losses. I am surprised "phillyfan" hasn't made that clear. Why didn't Starnes play AAU?

I have made it clear, in a post last week. I said that I was not worried about things right now because of not having Jamaul and Reed. We will be fine. Jamaul did not play with the Rage because he was concentrating on football. He wanted to go through a rigorous conditioning program to better his chances to play football in college. He will report to the basketball Rebels on Wednesday. Can't wait to see him on the floor with James together.

Haddix has worked awfully hard during the recent AAU season. Jamaul not playing with the Rage gave James a ton of minutes during AAU. We starting seeing this improvement in James at times during AAU.