Watertown-Monterey

thespidermonkey

I couldnt find a thing already posted for this game so i started my own. It was a nasty, dirty, hard hitting game out there tonight. These guys dont like each other so much. There were severall moments, especially towards the end of the game, that it looked like there was about to be a fight. Watertowns #50 got ejected. There were at least 8 personal fouls in the game and probably more. Watertowns coach got one after yelling at a referee about a dirty hit by a monterey player on Eaton. Monterey was really dirty in this game, Ive never seen that from them before. One play in particular was pretty bad. On a punt, about the time the whistle was blown a Monterey player hit a Watertown player in the back blind and knocked him down. After that, well after the whistle was blown the Monterey guy hit him in the back as he was getting up and drew a flag. Watertown blew Monterey out big time too 33-6. It was a nasty game and i think this has become a new rivalry.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt find a thing already posted for this game so i started my own. It was a nasty, dirty, hard hitting game out there tonight. These guys dont like each other so much. There were severall moments, especially towards the end of the game, that it looked like there was about to be a fight. Watertowns #50 got ejected. There were at least 8 personal fouls in the game and probably more. Watertowns coach got one after yelling at a referee about a dirty hit by a monterey player on Eaton. Monterey was really dirty in this game, Ive never seen that from them before. One play in particular was pretty bad. On a punt, about the time the whistle was blown a Monterey player hit a Watertown player in the back blind and knocked him down. After that, well after the whistle was blown the Monterey guy hit him in the back as he was getting up and drew a flag. Watertown blew Monterey out big time too 33-6. It was a nasty game and i think this has become a new rivalry.

Yes Spider, this did turn out to be a nasty game but don't make it seem as though Monterey was the only one being dirty. Yes most was uncalled for but I personally was standing on sideline and can tell you of two times that MHS's return guy let the ball go and well after the ball had hit the ground and was rolling a WHS player layed a dirty hit on an MHS kid right in front of an offical on both occasions and it was never called. BLAZE EATON IS DEFINITELY A GOOD PLAYER BUT THE KID NEEDS AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!!! Bash me all you want but the kids attitude on the field is bad. Yes there is a kid or two that may have the same problem for MHS but I assure you that the head coach stops that kind of nonsense before it gets out of hand..... This was probably the worst officiated game I have ever seen... Don't get me wrong, the outcome would not have changed but if this team of officials continue to manage games in the same manor as tonight, PLAYERS COULD GET HURT! Yes #50 for WHS was ejected but it could have been a number of kids from either team. I personally think Coach Webster could send this game film to TSSAA and appeal the kids ejection. The head official tonight didn't have a clue!!! I wish Watertown the best of luck next wk, definitely some tuff and talented kids there at WHS. And keep your heads up boys at Monterey. Seasons like this come and go, learn from them and get ready for a new season!!!

I agree with all of you, it was a nasty game. We did have one player get ejected, Monterey had no players get ejected. I know that football is supposed to be rough, but the stuff that was happening last night was unnecessary. After the game, I heard more than one Monterey fan say something to the effect of "well at least we took one of them out for next week". I hope that this doesn't reflect the attitude of the Wildcat team, but I have to wonder. The blindside/late hit/VERY late hit happened right over on the Watertown sideline and it was obvious that the Monterey player was wanting to start something. Even in the final 2 minutes when Watertown was running the clock out and trying to just take a knee on every play, Monterey continued to use needless aggression and more than a few punches were thrown. I've seen the game video, it's ridiculous. I never expected that Monterey would roll over, they always play us tough and I have respected them for that...not so much respect happening now. I was proud of Coach Webster for standing up and saying "Enough is enough!". The game was out of hand. Unfortunately it didn't stop. It was nasty, but in the end, Watertown is still going to be playing a football game next Friday night and Monterey is...well let's just say that Monterey can get to work on the boys basketball season!

I agree with all of you, it was a nasty game. We did have one player get ejected, Monterey had no players get ejected. I know that football is supposed to be rough, but the stuff that was happening last night was unnecessary. After the game, I heard more than one Monterey fan say something to the effect of "well at least we took one of them out for next week". I hope that this doesn't reflect the attitude of the Wildcat team, but I have to wonder. The blindside/late hit/VERY late hit happened right over on the Watertown sideline and it was obvious that the Monterey player was wanting to start something. Even in the final 2 minutes when Watertown was running the clock out and trying to just take a knee on every play, Monterey continued to use needless aggression and more than a few punches were thrown. I've seen the game video, it's ridiculous. I never expected that Monterey would roll over, they always play us tough and I have respected them for that...not so much respect happening now. I was proud of Coach Webster for standing up and saying "Enough is enough!". The game was out of hand. Unfortunately it didn't stop. It was nasty, but in the end, Watertown is still going to be playing a football game next Friday night and Monterey is...well let's just say that Monterey can get to work on the boys basketball season!

The game consisted of both sides being out of hand. I am from Monterey and I for one know Coach Heady and when the kids that got in trouble he took the kid out of the game and chewed them out on most every occasion. No it does not reflect the true Wildcat pride of the game tonight. I for one was disgusted for the way our kids acted but for Watertown's as well. I didn't even think they was going to shake hands. I wish the purple tigers all the luck in the playoffs and may every one be safe and injury free.

Yes Spider, this did turn out to be a nasty game but don't make it seem as though Monterey was the only one being dirty. Yes most was uncalled for but I personally was standing on sideline and can tell you of two times that MHS's return guy let the ball go and well after the ball had hit the ground and was rolling a WHS player layed a dirty hit on an MHS kid right in front of an offical on both occasions and it was never called. BLAZE EATON IS DEFINITELY A GOOD PLAYER BUT THE KID NEEDS AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!!! Bash me all you want but the kids attitude on the field is bad. Yes there is a kid or two that may have the same problem for MHS but I assure you that the head coach stops that kind of nonsense before it gets out of hand..... This was probably the worst officiated game I have ever seen... Don't get me wrong, the outcome would not have changed but if this team of officials continue to manage games in the same manor as tonight, PLAYERS COULD GET HURT! Yes #50 for WHS was ejected but it could have been a number of kids from either team. I personally think Coach Webster could send this game film to TSSAA and appeal the kids ejection. The head official tonight didn't have a clue!!! I wish Watertown the best of luck next wk, definitely some tuff and talented kids there at WHS. And keep your heads up boys at Monterey. Seasons like this come and go, learn from them and get ready for a new season!!!

I saw that hit and it, the game was very physical both ways. That play was over and Watertown is fortunate Eaton didn't get ejected. He would have had to miss the SP game.

The game consisted of both sides being out of hand. I am from Monterey and I for one know Coach Heady and when the kids that got in trouble he took the kid out of the game and chewed them out on most every occasion. No it does not reflect the true Wildcat pride of the game tonight. I for one was disgusted for the way our kids acted but for Watertown's as well. I didn't even think they was going to shake hands. I wish the purple tigers all the luck in the playoffs and may every one be safe and injury free.

Hey the reason that they almost did not shake hands is that they didn't want their kids getting in a fight while shaking hands. Watertown didn't come out with the attitude to play dirty, but when the other team comes out punching and hitting late with no repercussions from the officials what are you going to do...lie down and take it or strap it up and give out yourself. The officials where horrible and the blame goes to them. The coaches over and over again where telling there kids to be quiet and play ball. So good job to them to try and handle it when it seemed no one else was.

I think the unsportsmanlike penalty that Watertown's coach got insighted a lot of the hostilities. It was like pouring gas on a fire. I think thats when things started getting out of hand. I know Heady was trying to calm things down though.

He got the penalty because he was probably tired of #3 for Monterey coming in with the late hits.