what is next for the waverly tigers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we are 5-5 because of our schedule, all the teams we lost to came to top 15 or higher, besides huntingdon, we are a good team and we proved it to camden last night, now who do people think we will have to prove it to next?

my pick is either

Lewis CO.

Fairview

Richland

Can't prove anything to someone you lost by 20 points or more.. Camden played like crap and still almost doubled Wavo's score. Waverly playing one of those 3 teams would just be another embarrassment.

we are 5-5 because of our schedule, all the teams we lost to came to top 15 or higher, besides huntingdon, we are a good team and we proved it to camden last night, now who do people think we will have to prove it to next?

my pick is either

Lewis CO.

Fairview

Richland

The Waverly Tigers are playing the waiting game right now. They may be in the playoffs or they may of played their last game last night at Paul Hampton Stadium. It all depends on what happens tonight. If the Tigers make the playoffs their destination will be to 10-0 Lewis Co. Not a good draw at all for the Tigers. But at least you can say you were a playoff team especially after last years 0-10 season. Waverly couldn't play Fairview because they will be the number 3 seed in region 6 with a 7-3 overall record and Richland will not even think about the playoffs this year. So if your making plans next week make sure you find some nice places to eat in Lewis Co.

The Waverly Tigers are playing the waiting game right now. They may be in the playoffs or they may of played their last game last night at Paul Hampton Stadium. It all depends on what happens tonight. If the Tigers make the playoffs their destination will be to 10-0 Lewis Co. Not a good draw at all for the Tigers. But at least you can say you were a playoff team especially after last years 0-10 season. Waverly couldn't play Fairview because they will be the number 3 seed in region 6 with a 7-3 overall record and Richland will not even think about the playoffs this year. So if your making plans next week make sure you find some nice places to eat in Lewis Co.

if u don't know what ur talking about don't mention it, first of all it's ray hampton stadium, and second of all if adamsville beat huntingdon tonight we are the 2 seed and home field advantage. now i heard last night that the tigers would either get fairview/richland or they would get lewis co.

if u don't know what ur talking about don't mention it, first of all it's ray hampton stadium, and second of all if adamsville beat huntingdon tonight we are the 2 seed and home field advantage. now i heard last night that the tigers would either get fairview/richland or they would get lewis co.

Sorry for the slip there, but the facts the facts. Waverly is playing the waiting game, cause if Huntingdon wins and then other teams take up the wild cards Waverly is sitting at home. Waverly has no control over their playoff destiny. They have decided to let other teams decide for them. First people in Waverly need to understand that they can not play Fairview or Richland in the playoffs. Richland will not beat Hickman tonight, so they won't even have 5 wins to be in the discussion. Then Fairview is the 3 seed from Region 6 and the best they can do right now is a 7 seed. Waverly can not get the 2 seed in this quad. Best they can do even if Adamsville wins is a 6 seed which would put them up against the CPA-Goodpasture winner.

I think some of you middle TN teams better watch out, None of you give region 7 any credit, Waverly and Camden played a hard game last night, yes we won, But I think that if Waverly gets in to the playoffs they will send some of you back home crying! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think some of you middle TN teams better watch out, None of you give region 7 any credit, Waverly and Camden played a hard game last night, yes we won, But I think that if Waverly gets in to the playoffs they will send some of you back home crying! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

how is no one giving you credit? Seems to me you are a little uptight along with the Waverly fans. Camden has built a great program and through that they should learn that you prove your worth on the field. Coach Ward could careless what the rest of the state thinks about his team. He will have them ready to make a deep playoff run. Waverly on the other hand, needs to find an identity on offense, however there season may be done.

how is no one giving you credit? Seems to me you are a little uptight along with the Waverly fans.

Not uptight, just making the fact, go to the treads about the polls where we are ranked, read those, its the teams in middle TN, that are crying about us being in ther with your teams, region seven ain't that strong, they don't deserve to be ranked up here, Just saying that the region gets no respect. thats all. But I think some of our teams will suprise come playoffs( but hey we might all get put out in first round, Don't think so)

I'll tell you what is next for the Waverly tigers!!! Not crap!!!! I think that the Waverly tigers are a lot like the 2007 Dolphins!!! They are going to lose every game for about the next 15 games! The only way they win another game for the next 5 years is if they hire good ole coach parker from blackman as their head coach, coach dunkle from perry county as an assistant, and coach van winkle!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are going to lose, except if they play the perry county!

dang...midtnbaseball10... pretty hard on WCHS aren't cha...

I think Coach Graves is probably an above average coach for 2A tennessee football... As for Waverly not winning a game in the next 15... I doubt that... even if they are down for the next few year (which I have no idea if they are or not)... they play in the second weakest region in the state this year... I'd know now where they will move to next year, but I'm sure that their will still be teams in the area that area weak no matter how weak waverly could be...

Good Luck in the Playoff Waverly...

Maybe we could get some McEwen/Waverly action going on in HS football next year, now that the classifications are changing and there can probably be more out of region games...