Father Ryan Irish 27 Brentwood Academy Eagles 23

SportsTNFan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW! What a way to end the season!

So many people say that Father Ryan cant compete with the top schools in D2....True, we got ###### whooped by MBA, but we were very close to beating Ensworth, and just handled one of D2s best teams. Sure, its a down year for BA, but its also somewhat of a rebuilding year for FRHS.

Grats FRHS! You dont know how ecstatic alum are about this news! This made Halloween parties even better.

According to the TSSAA website, BA is the #3 seed in E/M, and BGA is the #4 Seed, because both ended up 4-2 in the region, and BA beat BGA head-to-head. Apparently, their "Playoff Possibilities" were in error.

You're right! Here are this morning's brackets:

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFo...DII/Bracket.htm

Wow. That is huge. I was trying to figure out how BGA could move ahead since both had 2 losses and BA won the head-to-head, but I thought the TSSAA had some hidden rule to give it to BGA (or, more likely, take it from BA).

The TSSAA website had BA listed as #4 as late as midnight but now they are listed as the #3.

Despite the brackets having BA at #3, the TSSAA site also continues to say that they should be the #4:

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFo...lities.htm#DIIA

"If Ensworth wins and Brentwood Academy loses, Ensworth is first, MBA is second, BGA is third, Brentwood Academy is fourth, and McCallie is fifth."

Thanks for the clear insight into the playoffs, TSSAA. Heads should roll over this!

If BA is #3, the road to the Boro just got much tougher for EHS. They now likely have to beat McCallie, BA, and either MUS or MBA to win it all:

5. McCallie @ 1. EHS

4. BGA @ 1. MUS

3. CBHS @ 2. MBA

3. BA @ 2. BCS

ROUND 2:

EHS-McCallie winner vs BA-BCS winner

BGA-MUS winner vs MBA-CBHS winner

You're right! Here are this morning's brackets:

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFo...DII/Bracket.htm

Wow. That is huge. I was trying to figure out how BGA could move ahead since both had 2 losses and BA won the head-to-head, but I thought the TSSAA had some hidden rule to give it to BGA (or, more likely, take it from BA).

The TSSAA website had BA listed as #4 as late as midnight but now they are listed as the #3.

Despite the brackets having BA at #3, the TSSAA site also continues to say that they should be the #4:

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFo...lities.htm#DIIA

"If Ensworth wins and Brentwood Academy loses, Ensworth is first, MBA is second, BGA is third, Brentwood Academy is fourth, and McCallie is fifth."

Thanks for the clear insight into the playoffs, TSSAA. Heads should roll over this!

If BA is #3, the road to the Boro just got much tougher for EHS. They now likely have to beat McCallie, BA, and either MUS or MBA to win it all:

5. McCallie @ 1. EHS

4. BGA @ 1. MUS

3. CBHS @ 2. MBA

3. BA @ 2. BCS

ROUND 2:

EHS-McCallie winner vs BA-BCS winner

BGA-MUS winner vs MBA-CBHS winner

Do you think that BA knew that the outcome of last night's game did not affect their playoff position? I know that the Ensworth people were counting on a BA loss to make the road to the Boro an easier one for them.

Father Ryan 27

Brentwood Academy 23

Great win for the Irish on senior night in their final game at Greer Stadium.

The Irish will finally break ground on their new stadium this spring and should be ready to go for kick off next fall on Norwood Drive on the Father Ryan campus.

Good luck to Brentwood Academy the rest of the year!

Wouldn't have predicted that one!

Thanks for the kind words. The Irish faithful have been counting down the days for a number of years to have the opporunity to play football games on campus. It should be a great game day atmosphere and experience for the community and another nice venue for D-II teams to come play on Friday nights!

It's a beautiful campus, but where will people park? I was out there last season for a fairly well attended freshman game, and it was a nightmare. I can only imagine a rivalry game, and Div. II creates a bunch of those: MBA, BA, Ensworth, JP II and CBHS come to mind real quickly.

It's a beautiful campus, but where will people park? I was out there last season for a fairly well attended freshman game, and it was a nightmare. I can only imagine a rivalry game, and Div. II creates a bunch of those: MBA, BA, Ensworth, JP II and CBHS come to mind real quickly.

If you build it then they will come. More like when you build it they will come and they will find a place to park(even if it's on the grass a mile away!)

Great question!

Ryan has played a couple of home games on campus and they have partnered up with a the church on Franklin Road to use their parking lot with a couple of shuttles running back and forth. It was not the ideal situation, but it worked the games I attended at Ryan. It will be interesting to see how Ryan works out the logsitics on the parking situation on campus.

Father Ryan went into that game on a mission. I feel it was to show everyone what Father Ryan football was about. All the naysayers can keep preaching, but FR can play with the best of DII-AA and it's because of the determination and don't quit attitude. On paper, there's no way FR could play with the over sized, faster BA. But they found a way to get the job done. Thats FR football. Good job irish and way to finish out.