York @ Marion County

mchs51

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a legitimate question for older Warrior Nation fans. The train whistle that blows after Marion scores, does it have any history or just something to make noise. I think MC first used it in early 80's when Pumpy his teammates where scoring a lot of touchdowns. I know that it was a target for SP alumni's for years and one year they disabled it. Thanks if you can help. Good luck against York.

Berton Cagle,An avid Marion County Warriors fan, he ran ???The Whistle??? at the football games for many years. ???The Whistle??? is a steam whistle that he donated to the Marion County Football Program was from a train that ran through Palmer, TN at the turn of the century.

Berton Cagle,An avid Marion County Warriors fan, he ran ???The Whistle??? at the football games for many years. ???The Whistle??? is a steam whistle that he donated to the Marion County Football Program was from a train that ran through Palmer, TN at the turn of the century.

Thanks we were at Loudon and they had a cannon and we got talking about MC whistle.

Don't forget... the whistle was first powered by a Purple and White Tractor.... I remember when we went to Austin East in the mid 80's and they threw bricks and rocks at it and tore it up pretty good.... Our whistle has been all over the state and is as widely known as Rocky Top... at least in the East Tennessee side.... It's been damaged, attacked, cursed, ticketed, banned and boo-ed but it's still a great symbol of Marion County football and it still sends chills down the back of Old Warrior players and fans!!!!

Don't forget... the whistle was first powered by a Purple and White Tractor.... I remember when we went to Austin East in the mid 80's and they threw bricks and rocks at it and tore it up pretty good.... Our whistle has been all over the state and is as widely known as Rocky Top... at least in the East Tennessee side.... It's been damaged, attacked, cursed, ticketed, banned and boo-ed but it's still a great symbol of Marion County football and it still sends chills down the back of Old Warrior players and fans!!!!

Probably one of my best experiences as a Marion County warrior off the field came as i was in Gatlinburg on a trip and a random old man walking beside me and another old warrior asked " yall the ones that blows that whistle aint yall?" not only did he remember the whistle but also the whippin his team received in the early 90's... The whislte is a great symbol of the Marion County tradition an like you purplegrad it never fails to get me fired up an wishing i was going into battle with the purle and white again.

From the looks of the play-off bracket, Jasper maybe starting over the regular season by playing the same teams should they advance.

Another knowledgable poster.....finally. Marion Co has a free pass to the 3rd round. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Probably one of my best experiences as a Marion County warrior off the field came as i was in Gatlinburg on a trip and a random old man walking beside me and another old warrior asked " yall the ones that blows that whistle aint yall?" not only did he remember the whistle but also the whippin his team received in the early 90's... The whislte is a great symbol of the Marion County tradition an like you purplegrad it never fails to get me fired up an wishing i was going into battle with the purle and white again.

Oh no...not another 90's reminiscer. Back when I was a boy..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh no...not another 90's reminiscer. Back when I was a boy..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Better than your "This one time at band camp" stories you telll....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thats just a joke, dont go gettin your owl feathers ruffled..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />