Henry County's first round opponent : Kingsbury

hubjr

Kingsbury has a running back going to Ole Miss and their QB is going to Memphis. Melrose has a QB going anywhere he wants to, a LB who will go anywhere he wants to, and a receiver who will also have his choice of schools. Fairley has a QB, and at least one lineman who can take their pick. East has a QB, and FB who can go anywhere. So, while HC can boast of such talent, these schools have them EVERY year.

I guess that is why I have always felt that Coaching and Execution can take a Football team a long way. Can't wait for Friday night. Get there early and get a good seat. I might even sit in those pretty red seats at the 50 yard line.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingsbury has a running back going to Ole Miss and their QB is going to Memphis. Melrose has a QB going anywhere he wants to, a LB who will go anywhere he wants to, and a receiver who will also have his choice of schools. Fairley has a QB, and at least one lineman who can take their pick. East has a QB, and FB who can go anywhere. So, while HC can boast of such talent, these schools have them EVERY year.

My question is, is Memphis that talent rich? Or, do you think that the type of programs being used at the schools contributes to the talent levels?

My question is, is Memphis that talent rich? Or, do you think that the type of programs being used at the schools contributes to the talent levels?

I am not certain that I totally understand your question (remember that I am getting old), but I will respond. Memphis has a lot of what I wouild call "raw talent". By that I mean guys who can are fast, with great eye/hand coordination, mobility, agility, etc.. These guys exist whether the school has a good program or not. If the school does, then these guys will develop into great football players. And if the program is not up to par, they are still great athletes.

I guess that is why I have always felt that Coaching and Execution can take a Football team a long way. Can't wait for Friday night. Get there early and get a good seat. I might even sit in those pretty red seats at the 50 yard line.

We agree. In addition, coaching, execution, and good talent, will take you even farther.

I am not certain that I totally understand your question (remember that I am getting old), but I will respond. Memphis has a lot of what I wouild call "raw talent". By that I mean guys who can are fast, with great eye/hand coordination, mobility, agility, etc.. These guys exist whether the school has a good program or not. If the school does, then these guys will develop into great football players. And if the program is not up to par, they are still great athletes.

We agree. In addition, coaching, execution, and good talent, will take you even farther.

You understood close enough to answer. Of course it helps to have such a large pool of people from which to draw talent. ( I do not mean recruiting either, before someone brings it up.)

like getting a kid from out-of-state to make your team a three-headed monster? LOL! just kidding!

No, No, No: we got his father as the new principal. The son was just a bonus! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No, No, No: we got his father as the new principal. The son was just a bonus! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually his Grandfather is the principal, Did you see the latest Rival 100 top high schools , Henry County is number 90, that is way cool , says may be the best team in Tennessee!!!!!!!