CBHS-MBA

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know much about Christian Bros but MBA is looking stronger than ever... only 23 points given up in the last three games... MBA by 17

I would expect this game to be much closer based on the strength of the CBHS defense. MBA must contain the BEST defensive end tandem in the state (Ligon & Brucker), which if at 100% may be the game changer. I saw the MUS-CBHS game earlier in the year [21-14 loss], which arguably was the hardest battle for the Owls in 2008. MBA on film resembles MUS but I don't think they are as solid and disciplined on both sides of the ball. A quick start by CBHS and solid performances by senior standout Danny Ritt and kickers Sexton / Acosta could make for a pleasant ride back to Memphis on Friday night. Go Brothers!

I would expect this game to be much closer based on the strength of the CBHS defense. MBA must contain the BEST defensive end tandem in the state (Ligon & Brucker), which if at 100% may be the game changer. I saw the MUS-CBHS game earlier in the year [21-14 loss], which arguably was the hardest battle for the Owls in 2008. MBA on film resembles MUS but I don't think they are as solid and disciplined on both sides of the ball. A quick start by CBHS and solid performances by senior standout Danny Ritt and kickers Sexton / Acosta could make for a pleasant ride back to Memphis on Friday night. Go Brothers!

You'd have to have an awfully good kicker to beat MBA in that category. MBA has been prone to slow starts this season, and that can be very damaging. Additionally, the seemingly mandatory once a game unsportsmanlike confuct penalty is not helpful.

I do know that there won't any problem containing these ends on the right side due to the DI prospect Wesley Johnson. Wise's backside could be a problem but he does scramble well enough to give Tanner and Paty plenty of time to get open.

After having seen Ligon and Brucker in action, you'd better figure out a way to clone Wesley Johnson by tomorrow night or your QB is going to spend a lot of time looking up at the night sky.

After having seen Ligon and Brucker in action, you'd better figure out a way to clone Wesley Johnson by tomorrow night or your QB is going to spend a lot of time looking up at the night sky.

Should be a great battle on both sides of the line, as left DE Ligon is also a D1 prospect. Good genes here as older brother captained the TN Vols team a few years ago. As far as Brucker at right DE, he may not be a D1 football prospect but he has incredible speed and strength. The latter is supported by TSSAA state championships in both the Shot Put and Discuss over the past few years. These two bookends have tallied 18 QB sacks and 33 tackles for loss YTD, and each have missed a game or two with injuries. Again, I pray both are healthy as strong play from the CBHS defensive line will be needed to contain the high-powered MBA offense.

As mentioned earlier, I do think this game will be decided by special team play, particularly that of the kicking game. CBHS should be confident here as Acosta (kickoffs & long FG's) and Sexton (punts, FG's, PAT's) are the best I have seen in Shelby County. From what I hear, junior Acosta is already getting serious looks from several D1 schools based on his ability to consistently put the ball in the end zone.

Can't wait for Friday @ 7pm. Go Brothers!