Lake County vs. Fayette Academy

spellerone

First thing I would like to say is that Lake County and Fayette Academy are never going to agree on the circumstances surrounding our game two seasons ago. The past is the past and anything that was done wrong on either side should be a lesson learned for all of us. The bible says forgive and forget. I know that forgetting is about impossible if not impossible. However, we can forget our anger about a situation. And surely we should forget our anger over something that happened 2 years ago. I personally apologize for anything that Fayette Academy's fans or players and coaches took offense to 2 years ago. OK, I am done with that. Now to football.

I took a peak at Fayette Academy's schedule and I am impressed with their schedule because they have played three AA teams and one AAA team. They only beat one of the AA teams which was DCA, traditionally a very good team that appears to be down this year. Our team has gotten so small in numbers the last several years that we had to drop the AA teams we used to play. We could usually hang around in the first half but would be sucking air in the second half. Basically what happened is that we would get a lot of players hurt and then not even be able to compete on the A level. However if you can play those AA and AAA teams and not lose players it does make you more competitive when you play A teams. Could someone tell me how many players Fayette Academy dresses out.

Just curious. To be honest when I went to the Jamboree in Dyersburg and watched us play I did not foresee us winning many games at all. After those 4 straight losses we have improved every week both offensively and defensively, especially defensively. I could see the defensive improvement each week. We can score from anywhere on the field in the blink of an eye. These kids are obviously in great shape as we are outnumbered by everyone we have played this year. I suspect that will also be the case against Fayette Academy. In the past we have had two close games with Fayette, one we won and one we lost, and one blowout in favor Fayette. I look forward to a great game. I hope that it is injury free, well officiated and may the best team win. See ya Friday.

GO BIG GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only put 11 on the field at any one time...And ya'll got a good 11...And getting better every week...

Lake County-41

Fayette Acd-27

I didn't see a prediction speller..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Uh, my bad............who would you think I am picking...........the FALCONS of course. Be nice on my topic Purple. This is a BUTTON PUSHING FREE ZONE....don't start nuthin' won't be nuthin'.......do u feel me.... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I was very nice...I thought... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You were actually...Ok who are you and what have you done with Purple? Purple Alert has been issued... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

First thing I would like to say is that Lake County and Fayette Academy are never going to agree on the circumstances surrounding our game two seasons ago. The past is the past and anything that was done wrong on either side should be a lesson learned for all of us. The bible says forgive and forget. I know that forgetting is about impossible if not impossible. However, we can forget our anger about a situation. And surely we should forget our anger over something that happened 2 years ago. I personally apologize for anything that Fayette Academy's fans or players and coaches took offense to 2 years ago. OK, I am done with that. Now to football.

I took a peak at Fayette Academy's schedule and I am impressed with their schedule because they have played three AA teams and one AAA team. They only beat one of the AA teams which was DCA, traditionally a very good team that appears to be down this year. Our team has gotten so small in numbers the last several years that we had to drop the AA teams we used to play. We could usually hang around in the first half but would be sucking air in the second half. Basically what happened is that we would get a lot of players hurt and then not even be able to compete on the A level. However if you can play those AA and AAA teams and not lose players it does make you more competitive when you play A teams. Could someone tell me how many players Fayette Academy dresses out.

Just curious. To be honest when I went to the Jamboree in Dyersburg and watched us play I did not foresee us winning many games at all. After those 4 straight losses we have improved every week both offensively and defensively, especially defensively. I could see the defensive improvement each week. We can score from anywhere on the field in the blink of an eye. These kids are obviously in great shape as we are outnumbered by everyone we have played this year. I suspect that will also be the case against Fayette Academy. In the past we have had two close games with Fayette, one we won and one we lost, and one blowout in favor Fayette. I look forward to a great game. I hope that it is injury free, well officiated and may the best team win. See ya Friday.

GO BIG GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with everything you said, in particular the part about letting the past be the past. A lot has changed at FA over the last 2 years....mostly the players they have graduated about thirty starters in the last two years so most of the kids you will be playing had little to do with that game....but there are a few. The QB is the same and he has gotten better and stayed healthy this year. They have a number of good recievers and some solid running backs. They dress about 45-50 players but they are on the whole a young team.

You are right about the schedule,,,,they have been out sized and out manned in a lot of games including ECS that brought 98 for a road game at our place this year....it will be fun to be in a region with them next year. But those kids have hung in there all year including eight players that had mono for a number of games. They all seemed pretty healthy Friday night and could be rounding into shape at just the right time.

It should be a great game and I too hope for healthy players and good refs....it is a shame when thier mistakes keep the best team from winning.

Halls played both teams this year. We won a tough, close game in Tiptonville by 4 and lossed by 12 in Somerville. FA scored twice in the first six minutes to get a 14-0 lead. One score was 80+ yards and the other was 40. We'd stop them and then on third down they'd bust a big play to get in scoring position or in the end zone. We dug ourselves a hole but dug out in the third quarter. Halls was down just 6 in the fourth but was unable to make one more stop as the Vikings scored in the final minute to get the win. I figure this game will be close but then the Falcons will end up pulling away and winning in the end. Lake County seems to be a ball of fire right now.

I'm not one to post alot, just like seeing others opionions, but I have to voice mine here. Don't let that number (18) fool you. They play eleven just like everyone else does but the ones they play are a excellent bunch. Some of the best skill players I've seen. They gave us fits all night long, just when you think you have them, you'll be scratching your heads wondering what just happened. It will probably be the fastest group of kids you've seen all year. I'll be pulling for my 7A counterparts just hope FA doesn't come in thinking the have it won because they'll get a big surprise and their crowd support is outstanding. If you can keep them down, you might have a chance. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free. LC 42 FA 28

I THINK WITH THIS SMALL SCHOOL AND HAVING ONLY 18 TO 20 PLAYERS DRESSED OUT. YOU ARE RIGHT, ONLY 11 PLAY. BUT THESE YOUNG BOY S ARE WELL CONDITIONED. I THINK THE OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSE LINEMAN ARE THE ONES THAT KEEP BLOCKING, ALTHOUGH IN THE LAST SEVERAL GAMES, THEIR JUST SEEMED TO BE A HOLE AND THEY WENT THRU. BUT YOU GOT TO GIVE IT TO THESE LINEMAN, THEY ARE TOUGH AND WILL TRY TO STOP YOU. NUMBERS TO LOOK AT THIS TEAM IS #57, #54, #71, #73, AND #53. THIS TEAM HAS PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT IN EVERY GAME WHETHER THEY WIN OR LOOSE. CONGRATS TO LAKE CO ON GETTING THIS FAR. THIS WILL BE A TOUGH GAME FOR BOTH TEAMS. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE FOR INJURY FREE FOR BOTH TEAMS.