Inconsistent program

gmail

It is that time of year again, basketball time. There in lies another change @ Sequoyah within their girls basketball program. It is so unfortunate that this program has suffered for so long in what is such a short exsistence. I knew Coach Guillemet or Coach G, as alot of us referred to him as and I as a fan of the girls and supporter felt he had brought much needed stability and discipline to a program that was lacking those two qualities. It is ashame that a select few people, whether it be parents/administration let this young man get away. I know for a fact that he did give his all to the school/ program and to those young ladies, who I feel some of them did appreciate his efforts, but some of them I feel maybe didn't. His knowledge of the game was obviously at a very high level for people that know the game and follow it. I feel for some of the players, as I believe that some of them will miss his leadership and the expectations that he put on each player. I know for a fact that the school that he left Sequoyah for (Kingston) has already benefitted from his presence. Good job Sequoyah for again not letting a coach, in this case one who really knew what he was doing, do his job.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a shame if only for the fact that the girls program has been through more coaches than the football program ( I think). It has been tough for all the girls that have come through the program having to adapt to a new system every few years. This program needs someone who is willing to invest long term into this program and several conversations with coach G led me to believe he was willing to do just that. I do not know everything that has been involved with this program because my job takes me elsewhere, but I do know that the past year or two there were some that were not happy with him. Coach G is an easy man to get along with and I wish him the best of luck. Hopefully coach Moser can keep the transition smooth and the young ladies can excel under his leadership.