Sumner Regional Sports Medicine

GhostRider

Word is that Sumner Regional has just completely dropped the entire Sports Medicine program. Not sure how many schools that they provide for, but that is several schools that have just lost Athletic Trainers. Not just little schools, but apparently all (Station Camp, Gallatin, Smith Co, Gordonsville, just to name a few). So, if your child is playing sports in that area, make sure you let the administration know how you feel about it. It seems to be a total lack of respect for a profession that means so much, and does so much for this hospital, as well as these schools and communities. Its seems that as much money as an Athletic Trainer in the high school setting could generate (and probably does) through referrals, ER, Diagnostics, and surgeries, that their salaries should be more than paid for. Just a thought. I wish all those Athletic Trainers involved the best of luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Word is that Sumner Regional has just completely dropped the entire Sports Medicine program. Not sure how many schools that they provide for, but that is several schools that have just lost Athletic Trainers. Not just little schools, but apparently all (Station Camp, Gallatin, Smith Co, Gordonsville, just to name a few). So, if your child is playing sports in that area, make sure you let the administration know how you feel about it. It seems to be a total lack of respect for a profession that means so much, and does so much for this hospital, as well as these schools and communities. Its seems that as much money as an Athletic Trainer in the high school setting could generate (and probably does) through referrals, ER, Diagnostics, and surgeries, that their salaries should be more than paid for. Just a thought. I wish all those Athletic Trainers involved the best of luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hate to hear this news. It will effect the White House programs as well.