Whohad Great (or Unexpected) Seasons?

DonCChatt

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss teams that expected to make it to State (and did), but rather teams that seasons that were much better than expected, or who turned around a down season the year before and reloaded/etc.

While not being able to provide details, I would think that teams that didn't expect to make it to state but did derserve to be mentioned here. Therefore, I'd include Dobyns-Bennett, who not only make it to state, but made it to the semi-finals and impressed a lot of people. Others that probably didn't excpect to make it to state include Station Camp and Seymour. Any others who had good years? I'd probably also add Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga (an A/AA team) that is only in it's second or their season (I think) and managed to win the regular season District 5 title.

I don't know if I would call it unexpected, but a great turnaround for Oakland in Murfreesboro. With a new coach and a new attitude, this building program finished third in the district after dwelling at the bottom for several years. They've always had some talented players, but struggled to find a coach that could lead them to their fullest potential. I'm a Siegel fan, but look forward to better years ahead for Oakland. They will be a team to watch grow and develop into a much stronger program. Good job Coach!

Sorry to have been offended by the "all alone" comment. But, in my opinion, the SC season was no surprise. I don't know if anyone remembers, but last year I predicted that SC would go to state. I was just a year off, plus I did not jinx them this year by predicting it again! This team has a lot of talent that I would not be afraid to play against any team. Would they win them all, obviously not, but they would compete and win their fair share. The CAK 4-1 score was deceptive. CAK scored 2 very late in the game when SC pushed a defender up to try to get the equalizer. But....did CAK play a 4-1 game...very much so. SC's defense and especially the keeper kept the ball out of the net despite what was being constantly thrown at them. At least they got a little respect finishing number 5 on Eurosport.

Great season SC, looking forward to my daughter's senior season next year!

Moving to AAA next year is equally exciting.