Eurosport Rankings

Justafan379

I don't think that's different than what I said, or at least what I intended to say. I meant the whole body of work to be the tie breaker in assessing teams that made it to the same level ie State Semi's. How else would you compare semifinalists to each other?

I read your statement, as aimed at the Redmond rankings. My rant was aimed at the division rankings.

Sorry for the confusion.

FutbalFan I hope Baylor and SD can play a regular season game next year instead of a scrimmage. The scrimmage was a fun game to watch, even though I don't think either coach treated it like a scrimmage. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl Edwards won the last race... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But I disagree with taking in a team's whole body of work as your starting point for the final rankings, as opposed to starting your rankings with the teams that made it to the state tourney. And this is why....Your whole season and "body of work" is to prepare you to make it to the state tourney. How many times has a team gotten beaten against a strong opponent....And we all post "That's OK, It will help you come playoff time, playing against tough opponents?

Lets face it....It's all about getting to state...and that is where the final rankings should start.

Alright H2 dog, Canes have at it.

I'd say we Canes and The Dog have already won with that attitude.

Lets try this............Final game A vs. B -- A has Mary who has scored in everygame of the year at least once. In several, multiple goals. She has 52 goals going into the final game. B is a great team, perhaps their strengh lies in a strong defense. Score at half, A 4 (all by Mary) B 0. Two minutes into the 2nd half, Mary rolls her ankle and is out. Final score 4-4. B wins in PK's. Who would you vote for as the better team as shown by their performace up until Mary was taken out of the equation? If you feel B is the better team because they won, I'm done. If you can barely see my point, I'll surrender. If you agree with me, Canes will come after you and remember, I the nice one.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> never used this one, what does it mean?

I'd say we Canes and The Dog have already won with that attitude.

Lets try this............Final game A vs. B -- A has Mary who has scored in everygame of the year at least once. In several, multiple goals. She has 52 goals going into the final game. B is a great team, perhaps their strengh lies in a strong defense. Score at half, A 4 (all by Mary) B 0. Two minutes into the 2nd half, Mary rolls her ankle and is out. Final score 4-4. B wins in PK's. Who would you vote for as the better team as shown by their performace up until Mary was taken out of the equation? If you feel B is the better team because they won, I'm done. If you can barely see my point, I'll surrender. If you agree with me, Canes will come after you and remember, I the nice one.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> never used this one, what does it mean?

Your Done. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Same Game, State Final....Who's the state champs ....Team B. Who should be ranked #1...the state champs.

I do understand what your saying ...I get it. And if ES had any kind of consistency in their rankings maybe I would feel differently, but by starting with the state tourny teams for the final rankings...we have some kind of consistency.Plus I feel those teams have earned it.

'07 AAA final Collierville vs Bearden, I thought Collierville was and had the better team all year long....Yet Bearden won, Rankings #1 Bearden #2 Collierville.

Your Done. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Same Game, State Final....Who's the state champs ....Team B. Who should be ranked #1...the state champs.

I do understand what your saying ...I get it. And if ES had any kind of consistency in their rankings maybe I would feel differently, but by starting with the state tourny teams for the final rankings...we have some kind of consistency.Plus I feel those teams have earned it.

'07 AAA final Collierville vs Bearden, I thought Collierville was and had the better team all year long....Yet Bearden won, Rankings #1 Bearden #2 Collierville.

OK, I know when I' ve been had, let just say this ................................................................................

. BIG G stop

stop, I really was done, I just wanted to :::::::::::::::::::::::::::: G please, I'll never, wait what's my last promise, I really meant it .................................. Good luck to all next year and I'll be watching and handing Canes his cane to beat you all into understanding what we've been trying to say for these 7 years out daughters have been in High School and, YES, we are the WEST and proud that the rest of the state lets us come to Chattanooga once in a while.

I read your statement, as aimed at the Redmond rankings. My rant was aimed at the division rankings.

Sorry for the confusion.

FutbalFan I hope Baylor and SD can play a regular season game next year instead of a scrimmage. The scrimmage was a fun game to watch, even though I don't think either coach treated it like a scrimmage. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree a Soddy vs Baylor game would be good. Not too far to travel for a good game. I don't know about Soddy but Baylor will be essentially a new team next year. Some great young talent, but not too much game experience for the vast majority of players.

wow.....the less I say, the more that I won't write is said...Hmmmm?

JJ was a football coach....actually a fellow hurriCANE!!!!! Then he went to the dark side, America's team!

Inasfar as the rest of this, I am not touching it. Except for one thing dog. The SAA team was tied that year. Everyone saw it. But, I do agree with you, that team had tremendous talent.

wow.....the less I say, the more that I won't write is said...Hmmmm?

JJ was a football coach....actually a fellow hurriCANE!!!!! Then he went to the dark side, America's team!

Inasfar as the rest of this, I am not touching it. Except for one thing dog. The SAA team was tied that year. Everyone saw it. But, I do agree with you, that team had tremendous talent.

I know how Rodney Dangerfield felt all the time.

OK, I know when I' ve been had, let just say this ................................................................................

. BIG G stop

stop, I really was done, I just wanted to :::::::::::::::::::::::::::: G please, I'll never, wait what's my last promise, I really meant it .................................. Good luck to all next year and I'll be watching and handing Canes his cane to beat you all into understanding what we've been trying to say for these 7 years out daughters have been in High School and, YES, we are the WEST and proud that the rest of the state lets us come to Chattanooga once in a while.

?? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

G Man..............tell them I "splained" it all to you off the air, before they start telling me they hope I took pictures in

2006. I feel like they're trying to get me one more time. I'm heading out of town for a few days, so I

won't check T. Arkansas Duck season opens tomorrow, got to get the dog wet.

G Man..............tell them I "splained" it all to you off the air, before they start telling me they hope I took pictures in

2006. I feel like they're trying to get me one more time. I'm heading out of town for a few days, so I

won't check T. Arkansas Duck season opens tomorrow, got to get the dog wet.

Yup! Water dog sent me a p.m. and "splained" it all to me. He is a good guy, and I hope he doesn't stay off the boards just because his daughter graduated!!!