State Tournament to Remain in Chattanooga

DonCChatt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not do it in Murfreesboro, like the guys? Central complex with tons of great fields... You can watch multiple games in multiple divisions at the same place. AND it's more centrally located.

I have been luckey enough to go to Chatanogga the past 4 years. They have a great setup, Different venues for different classes. I live in the Boro, and go to the Boys State. It like every other Select Tournament, bunch of teams and traffic trying to get to one location. Good call TSSAA. One of the few.

It like every other Select Tournament, bunch of teams and traffic trying to get to one location.

I agree that it does feel like a select tournament at times, but you can see so much more soccer. As a coach, I would never be able to get to another venue to watch a AAA team play, and I enjoy rooting for the Knoxville teams if they are in it.

My favorite place to play was in Finley (sp?) Stadium. That was awesome.

If the coaches didn't dislike playing on artificial turf, they would probably still be playing at Finley....

I think the year we played there that every player had turf burns.

If Tennessee could put together a facility like the one in Decatur AL, that would be ideal. In fact, every soccer complex should use this as a blueprint for a soccer complex.

I think the year we played there that every player had turf burns.

If Tennessee could put together a facility like the one in Decatur AL, that would be ideal. In fact, every soccer complex should use this as a blueprint for a soccer complex.

Ain't goin' to happen........at least anytime in the near future. The economics will prevent it, unless there is a generous donor somewhere in the future. There are a lot of nice soccer parks in the state however, especially in middle and west TN. Knoxville is lacking for a large, quality facility. Nice one in Tri-Cities area.

Ain't goin' to happen........at least anytime in the near future. The economics will prevent it, unless there is a generous donor somewhere in the future. There are a lot of nice soccer parks in the state however, especially in middle and west TN. Knoxville is lacking for a large, quality facility. Nice one in Tri-Cities area.

actually...it is.