new districts

boonsie20

maryville, west, farragut, bearden, l.c and Catholic could win most districts any year. This district is crazy!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go to the soccer forum please /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah, if they had only added CAK to this list.....Seriously, it's great to how much soccer has grown in E TN over the past years...

Ha ha! Miss ya man! We need to get together before spring. Hope your u-6 National Team season went well! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not complaining (because I wouldn't have it any other way) but what in the world were people thinking when they put so many good teams in one district? It doesn't seem to make sense to me when you look at the other side of our region. Oak Ridge has a cake walk! This is no offense to Hardin Valley--I am sure that they will eventually become a powerhouse, but they are surely a couple of years away.

It really does make me wonder what went into this decision. Almost ALL of the best teams in East TN are in the exact same district. (Farragut, Bearden, Catholic)...not to mention West and Maryville who ALWAYS give the powerhouses a good game. I love such a packed district, but wouldn't it make sense to split up the powerhouses by demographics and just have the best region in the state rather than the best district?

Think about it...Farragut and Hardin Valley are next door to each other. Doesn't this look much more even?

Farragut, Oak Ridge, and Hardin Valley together...Bearden, Catholic, Maryville and West together. It makes more sense to even out the powerhouses, and it makes more sense based on where the schools are located. Just take a good look at what District 4AAA is made up of:

1.) 6 out of the last 8 state championships have gone to Bearden or Farragut--not to mention the Bearden/Farragut final of '07

2.) Last year's AA/A state champion (Catholic)

3.) West who went to the state semi-finals last year

4.) Maryville who knocked off Bearden last year

Yikes!!

I haven't spoken to any of the coaches of the teams in this district. But I can only imagine they are not real happy about this alignment. I know we have mentioned the fact some great teams are going to be sitting at home after district tournaments, but think about the semifinal and final match ups and how hard fought those will be. The teams from the other district will be alot more well rested and healthy when it comes to region tournament semi's so you may have another great team go down just by attrition.