JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

I am a Milan fan, so obviously I think the Mila game is the game of the week, but if I could not go to the Milan game, I would go to the Henry Co. game. O.K. maybe not. I ain't going to Orange Mound unless I have to. Milan wins by ten, and Melrose wins by a td.

Melrose by a touchdown? have you been living in a cave?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose by a touchdown? have you been living in a cave?

I know this is a Milan/JCS thread, but I will respond to this anyway. Sorry if it upsets some people. They don't really like us getting off topic. Here it goes: Henry Co. is good, but when you look at the numbers it kind of brings them back to the crowd just a bit. They have destroyed every team they have played, but their opponent combined record is 52-75. That is counting the playoffs. It is even worse just counting the regular season. Also their 1st round opponent has a losing record. 6 out of the 12 teams they have played have won 2 or fewer games this year. They have played only 2 teams with more than 7 wins. Melrose opponents have a combined record of, get this 73-58. That is impressive. They did play 4 teams with less than 2 wins, but they also played 6 teams with at least 9 wins. 2 of those teams have 10 or more wins. I know this does not mean that Melrose is better, but it they are more battle tested. An even bigger point is that Henry Co. has to go to Melrose. Have you ever been there? It's not a very good place to be on a Friday night. Melrose does have a shot in this game. I do think they will win.

Side note.....I sure wouldn't want to beat Melrose AT Orange Mound!!!!!!

Now back to Milan:

Hufsedler you're right about when we point out we were missing half of our secondary that night. If Milan EVER has starting players injured, it's like people expect our backups to be better than our starters! Like I said ONE day Milan will gain the respect they deserve!

As far as Milan fans getting carried away with expectations....it's simply my expectation. And just like someone else pointed out, at Milan, the expectation every year is to win every game and get to the championship and win. And if that doesn't happen, it's a failure. I don't think that's unrealistic. I think what IS unrealistic is someone being a "fan" and NOT having the expectation of greatness from their team.

Sure maybe some of us run our mouths too much....but that's only because Milan could be the best in the world, beat every team in the US and people would still be standing behind us saying, "Milan is overrated". So I mean what do you do??

I have faith in my Bulldogs that they are gonna strap up and hit hard this Friday night!! And I honestly can NOT wait....Friday just can't come soon enough!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

Side note.....I sure wouldn't want to beat Melrose AT Orange Mound!!!!!!

Now back to Milan:

Hufsedler you're right about when we point out we were missing half of our secondary that night. If Milan EVER has starting players injured, it's like people expect our backups to be better than our starters! Like I said ONE day Milan will gain the respect they deserve!

As far as Milan fans getting carried away with expectations....it's simply my expectation. And just like someone else pointed out, at Milan, the expectation every year is to win every game and get to the championship and win. And if that doesn't happen, it's a failure. I don't think that's unrealistic. I think what IS unrealistic is someone being a "fan" and NOT having the expectation of greatness from their team.

Sure maybe some of us run our mouths too much....but that's only because Milan could be the best in the world, beat every team in the US and people would still be standing behind us saying, "Milan is overrated". So I mean what do you do??

I have faith in my Bulldogs that they are gonna strap up and hit hard this Friday night!! And I honestly can NOT wait....Friday just can't come soon enough!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

I agree. I have those same expectations. My point in that post was simply that although some could argue that we get carried away at times, there is no argument who we pull for. Some people say they pull for a team, but then point out how they are going to lose, or are not as good as people say. Milan has beaten everyone that has lined up with them, but like you said some people refuse to give us credit. Even some that claim to be fans. They need to get on the bus or get off of it.

I know this is a Milan/JCS thread, but I will respond to this anyway. Sorry if it upsets some people. They don't really like us getting off topic. Here it goes: Henry Co. is good, but when you look at the numbers it kind of brings them back to the crowd just a bit. They have destroyed every team they have played, but their opponent combined record is 52-75. That is counting the playoffs. It is even worse just counting the regular season. Also their 1st round opponent has a losing record. 6 out of the 12 teams they have played have won 2 or fewer games this year. They have played only 2 teams with more than 7 wins. Melrose opponents have a combined record of, get this 73-58. That is impressive. They did play 4 teams with less than 2 wins, but they also played 6 teams with at least 9 wins. 2 of those teams have 10 or more wins. I know this does not mean that Melrose is better, but it they are more battle tested. An even bigger point is that Henry Co. has to go to Melrose. Have you ever been there? It's not a very good place to be on a Friday night. Melrose does have a shot in this game. I do think they will win.

i'll end with this... melrose lost to fairley and henry county beat fairley 37-7 and pulled their starters out in the 3rd /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> good luck with that pick... oh and fairley played in orange mound too and came out on top... regardless the mound does change things a bit, i was just pointing out the obvious

i'll end with this... melrose lost to fairley and henry county beat fairley 37-7 and pulled their starters out in the 3rd /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> good luck with that pick... oh and fairley played in orange mound too and came out on top... regardless the mound does change things a bit, i was just pointing out the obvious

yeah but USJ beat JSC and Huntingdon beat USJ and JCS beat Huntingdon....

It's November.....

I know this off topic again, but here we go. The point is that no one really knows how good Henry Co. is. Sure everyone thinks they know, but their schedule is a very easy one. Yes they blew out a Fairley team that did beat Melrose. However, Melrose had one heck of a schedule to go through. Everyone thinks Henry Co. will march in their and kill Melrose. Don't forget this is pretty much the same Henry Co. team that got handled last year at their house by Westview. They are not unbeatable. I do think they will lose this week. Maybe they won't, but it's not a done deal like many people want to believe. Would you think that there is no way that JCS can beat Milan? Surely not. It is a definite possibility. Why then is it so hard to believe that Melrose can beat Henry Co?

I know this off topic again, but here we go. The point is that no one really knows how good Henry Co. is. Sure everyone thinks they know, but their schedule is a very easy one. Yes they blew out a Fairley team that did beat Melrose. However, Melrose had one heck of a schedule to go through. Everyone thinks Henry Co. will march in their and kill Melrose. Don't forget this is pretty much the same Henry Co. team that got handled last year at their house by Westview. They are not unbeatable. I do think they will lose this week. Maybe they won't, but it's not a done deal like many people want to believe. Would you think that there is no way that JCS can beat Milan? Surely not. It is a definite possibility. Why then is it so hard to believe that Melrose can beat Henry Co?

thats a bad comparison... milan and jcs are at least somewhat evenly matched... henry county is just to much but anything can happen so who knows, it just doesnt seem likely (btw im picking jcs to win)

It's a win-win for this guy. He can come on here and imply how good we aren't, and if we lose, he can say that he was right. However, if we win, he can pull out the "I'm a Bulldog fan" card and celebrate with the rest of us. Look nwtnsports, I know that sometimes Milan fans get carried away with our expectations, myself included, but dang it man, either get on the bus or get off.

he'll be falling off on the dawg side of the fence after friday night because milan is the best 2a team in west tenn and possibly the state. oh lordy,lordy somebody stop me before i get too carried away. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was not at the meeting, and just heard from a Milan fan on Tuesday that JCS and Milan will play. That fan did say that the region was separating into pods, but I don't really know what that means. I know more about the DII scheduling meeting, but that's probably not of interest to the folks on this thread.

Could you start a thread on the DII schedule meeting? I guess that would be on the 4A,5A,D2 board.