BA vs MUS

singlewing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I just heard that MUS was inferior all year based solely on the fact that they were from West TN. My whole point in both threads has been that that logic is patently ridiculous. MUS has beaten thoroughly every Middle TN team, there is that better. I didnt say anything that wasnt true and didnt try to twist the knife. It is pretty much a fact that this year MUS has run the Middle TN DII teams off the field. Historically MBA has been the best DII team and MUS still has a way to go to match the number of state titles MBA has even though MUS has a solid head to head record. BA has also ruined several of MUS' potential dream seasons. But not this one. MBA and BA fans ran their mouthes a lot worse than using synonyms that MBA/BA fans may not like to describe the way that MUS beat them by very convincing margin in those years. This is MUS' year and one of the most dominant in DII history right up there with the classic MBA teams. It would be a pleasure to watch 99 MBA play 08 MUS.

I just hope Maryville can win this week , and win again the next . I don't see any reason to try to downplay any state champion's accomplishments by saying ones better than the other when they won't even play . Congratulations to MUS , They are a worthy Champion , no doubt

I agree. I am not meaning to downplay any state title team's accomplishments (nor even the also-rans)!

You know the thread will be started by someone (and I know it will not be me, nor you). I was just front-running MUS's resume. Of course, MUS's resume nor anyone else's will matter, as "Best in State" is pie-in-the-sky banter. Nevertheless, I didn't promote MUS's resume without checking the other potential resumes first. My only point was that MUS's is going to be tough to beat when you look at the whole body of work.

No worries. In fact, I think MHS fans may have another feather in their cap soon. South Panola has been living on the edge (relatively) this year; something tells me they may be passing the torch of the longest running winning streak in the country before it's all over in '08 (of course, as with MHS, it's easier said than done).

Well , maybe seeing as how MUS scraped by Melrose by the skin of their teeth ( 13-12 ), and Melrose couldn't even make it to the final 4 in little ol 4A , maybe we could also say DII was really down this year . Just when Brandon100 has me feeling sorry for you guys for having to play on a Tuesday , ya gotta start with this crap before the games even over . Maybe the guys from DI would be a little more sympathetic to your cause if it wasn't for you guys always wanting to state your superiority over teams you don't even play .

About the only real difference between Melrose & MUS is that Melrose had no kicking game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a result, Melrose lost 5 games this year. Othewise, Melrose could just as easily be a 1-loss team & still playing towards a Championship.

So, MUS' narrow victory over Melrose was no fluke, either way!

Is the Game over yet ? This Is UNBELIEVABLE that this Game is not on TV ! I agree with the DII fans that some changes need to take place . Maybe a bye week and delay the start one week, and then play the DII games on the same weekend as DI ? I don't know , but surely there's something better than this . I would have loved to been able to watch this game .

31 zip at half.

4th QTR. 7:57 remaining........... MUS 38 ------- BA 12.

----------------------------------------------------------

Why on earth is MUS still throwing the ball!!? The CLOCK is the opponent now, not BA!

MUS punt.

---------------------------------------------------------

BA throws INT.

MUS ball on BA's 35 yard line.

MBA and BA fans ran their mouthes a lot worse than using synonyms that MBA/BA fans may not like to describe the way that MUS beat them by very convincing margin in those years. This is MUS' year and one of the most dominant in DII history right up there with the classic MBA teams. It would be a pleasure to watch 99 MBA play 08 MUS.

Not all the fans. I'll let my pre-game posts stand on the record, as those of a few others.

I don't want to get into a mythical matchup of teams (already catching heat for that one!). MBA's '99 season is available at the website below; the numbers (MOV, SOS, etc.) are comparable and similar in some regards, not in others. I'll sit this one out out of respect for bringing bias into the picture.

Anyway, enjoy this season. That's all that matters tonight.

Is the Game over yet ? This Is UNBELIEVABLE that this Game is not on TV ! I agree with the DII fans that some changes need to take place . Maybe a bye week , and then play the DII games on the same weekend ? I don't know , but surely there's something better than this . I would have loved to been able to watch this game .

5:30 remaining in game.. MUS 38 -- BA 12.

---------------------------------------------------

MUS inside BA's 10-yard line. 4th down. MUS goes for it.

BA holds.

BA ball @ its own 6 yard line.

-------------------------------------

Agreed.

This is a travesty!!

I'm sorry I just heard that MUS was inferior all year based solely on the fact that they were from West TN. My whole point in both threads has been that that logic is patently ridiculous. MUS has beaten thoroughly every Middle TN team, there is that better. I didnt say anything that wasnt true and didnt try to twist the knife. It is pretty much a fact that this year MUS has run the Middle TN DII teams off the field. Historically MBA has been the best DII team and MUS still has a way to go to match the number of state titles MBA has even though MUS has a solid head to head record. BA has also ruined several of MUS' potential dream seasons. But not this one. MBA and BA fans ran their mouthes a lot worse than using synonyms that MBA/BA fans may not like to describe the way that MUS beat them by very convincing margin in those years. This is MUS' year and one of the most dominant in DII history right up there with the classic MBA teams. It would be a pleasure to watch 99 MBA play 08 MUS.

You know Memphisreb, we keep telling you we respect you and you keep whining the same old whine. Enough already. Move on.