district 11

waverlytigers06

i'm a new poster, does anybody know what waverly's non-district schedule is like, hope waverly does well next year. i'll watch them a lot. How does the other teams in the district look, info needed

NON-district schedule

Returning starters

and prediction for the season.

I know its way early but its good to get things off early. LOL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

creekwood will be the 4a playoff representative. montgomery central should be improved with this new region but creekwood returns everybody from this year's team. 3a will be interesting. waverly and stewart county are coming off of great years where both of their football programs have now been put on the radar. camden is a strong team out west that got upset in the first round of the playoffs. harpeth returns everybody and they will be improved. cheatham county is as solid of a team as there is and they too should benefit from dropping more athletic teams such as lipscomb, giles, marshall, page, and spring hill from their schedule. i will guess right now that cheatham county and camden will be the 3a representatives.

creekwood will be the 4a playoff representative. montgomery central should be improved with this new region but creekwood returns everybody from this year's team. 3a will be interesting. waverly and stewart county are coming off of great years where both of their football programs have now been put on the radar. camden is a strong team out west that got upset in the first round of the playoffs. harpeth returns everybody and they will be improved. cheatham county is as solid of a team as there is and they too should benefit from dropping more athletic teams such as lipscomb, giles, marshall, page, and spring hill from their schedule. i will guess right now that cheatham county and camden will be the 3a representatives.

well buddy, eh harpeth is not returning everybody, camden has lost a few of their players and ah montgomery central coaching is terrible so their not gonna be that much better maybe worst. Cheatham has also lost a lot of players, Waverly returns 5 starters on defense and 6 on offense.

well buddy, eh harpeth is not returning everybody, camden has lost a few of their players and ah montgomery central coaching is terrible so their not gonna be that much better maybe worst. Cheatham has also lost a lot of players, Waverly returns 5 starters on defense and 6 on offense.

Waverlytigers06,

Let me start by saying that Montgomery Central does not have horrible coaching. Rickey Ray is a heck of a coach and he has a very good line coach in JD Dawson. What is true about Montgomery Central is this: They fall into the "Clarksville Syndrome". The old heads know what I am talking about. They get ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT from administration. Coach Ray only has 1 coach in the building. Not his fault. When the football team has to get off the field on Thursdays so the band can take the field and practice, then a football team will not be successful. Not his fault. Period. The same can be said for the other Clarksville schools for the last 30 years. Clarksville High and Rossview has kind of broke that mold here recently. Back to Waverly, correct me if I am wrong: Last year, townsfolk in Waverly wanted to get rid of Trey Graves beacuse they could not score, much less win. This year? A complete turn around. Does that mean that Trey Graves was a horrible coach last year. Absolutely not. I have know Trey personally for a long time. He is a very good coach and an even better person. Waverly did the right thing: they had faith in Trey and kept him. This year they got rewarded with a good football team. Waverly did what a lot of schools should do: don't give up on your coach too early. Kudos to Waverly administration. Other teams in district 11 AA: Camden is very good. Stewart County is coming off a banner year and the community is fired up! Harpeth returns a deadly combination of their QB and WR tandem (not sure of names, sorry). Creek Wood does return a lot of starters and young kids who were forced into action a year earlier than they needed to be. But that should bode well for the Red Hawks in '09. Montgomery Central has a good Freshmen group coming up. Cheatham will be solid as always. They and Creek Wood play a brand of physical ball that the other teams in district 11 AA may not like. It looks to be an exciting '09 in district 11 AA. I know the gyms get fiesty during basketball season when all these teams meet. It should be the same in football.

Waverlytigers06,

Let me start by saying that Montgomery Central does not have horrible coaching. Rickey Ray is a heck of a coach and he has a very good line coach in JD Dawson. What is true about Montgomery Central is this: They fall into the "Clarksville Syndrome". The old heads know what I am talking about. They get ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT from administration. Coach Ray only has 1 coach in the building. Not his fault. When the football team has to get off the field on Thursdays so the band can take the field and practice, then a football team will not be successful. Not his fault. Period. The same can be said for the other Clarksville schools for the last 30 years. Clarksville High and Rossview has kind of broke that mold here recently. Back to Waverly, correct me if I am wrong: Last year, townsfolk in Waverly wanted to get rid of Trey Graves beacuse they could not score, much less win. This year? A complete turn around. Does that mean that Trey Graves was a horrible coach last year. Absolutely not. I have know Trey personally for a long time. He is a very good coach and an even better person. Waverly did the right thing: they had faith in Trey and kept him. This year they got rewarded with a good football team. Waverly did what a lot of schools should do: don't give up on your coach too early. Kudos to Waverly administration. Other teams in district 11 AA: Camden is very good. Stewart County is coming off a banner year and the community is fired up! Harpeth returns a deadly combination of their QB and WR tandem (not sure of names, sorry). Creek Wood does return a lot of starters and young kids who were forced into action a year earlier than they needed to be. But that should bode well for the Red Hawks in '09. Montgomery Central has a good Freshmen group coming up. Cheatham will be solid as always. They and Creek Wood play a brand of physical ball that the other teams in district 11 AA may not like. It looks to be an exciting '09 in district 11 AA. I know the gyms get fiesty during basketball season when all these teams meet. It should be the same in football.

dude people did not want the waverly coach out of here, The tigers didn't have a bad team last year just a bunch of injuries and Juniors that didn't give a -------- if they won or lost, they didn't have erge that every football player should have, they were more worried about the people knowing they were on the team then playing, this last season(08) the tigers had great seniors Thomas werfel(56) Blake Hollis(65), Scot anderson (34), Josh May (73), they all were great and cared rather they won or lost, thats why waverly had a bad in 07 and why we had a good year this year. next year as long as everybody do as they need to the waverly coaches will lead waverly to another great year, as long as waverly's seniors step up and be leaders and not expect underclassmen to do it, waverly should be pretty good next year

Creek wood returs 10 of 11 on offense and 7 of 11 on deffense... they have by far the best running back in the region caleb bell you ran for 1100 yards and 10 td's.. they also have the 1st or maybe 2nd best qb in the region in Blain Hooper who threw for over 1200 yards and 14 td's along with cain smith and timmy lyle at WR both lyle 6'2 and smith 6'4.. they have a very good offense.. deffense struggled but should improve ...

Harpeth should be good offensivley to with their qb threw for around 1200 yards and one of the top recivers in the state in perry horkins.

they should be the best teams offensivly ..

anything i missed or got wrong wich seems to happen quite a bit....

anyway im looking foward to watching this year should be a very competitive region

How many injuries does Waverly have every year.Seems to be a lot.

hey man u know as well as me that we had a bunch of injuries in 07, this year we didn't have any injuries and we hung with ya'll a lil late into the game. I didn't expect camden posters to say something like u did I sought ya'll had respect for us as we do for ya'll i guess not , and one of the reason we lost that game was because of i botch referee call, ONSIDE KICK

. I didn't expect camden posters to say something like u did I sought ya'll had respect for us as we do for ya'll i guess not , and one of the reason we lost that game was because of i botch referee call, ONSIDE KICK

Are you kidding me? Waverly fans make more excuses than any other team's fans on this board. There are a few good Waverly posters I consider friends, but it looks like you've fallen into the "Waverly was the better team....Waverly would've won IF" bunch. Not sure I can stomach another 4 years of that crap /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I look forward to playing some new teams and getting to know some new posters. Should be a good time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Creek wood returs 10 of 11 on offense and 7 of 11 on deffense... they have by far the best running back in the region caleb bell you ran for 1100 yards and 10 td's.. they also have the 1st or maybe 2nd best qb in the region in Blain Hooper who threw for over 1200 yards and 14 td's along with cain smith and timmy lyle at WR both lyle 6'2 and smith 6'4.. they have a very good offense.. deffense struggled but should improve ...

Harpeth should be good offensivley to with their qb threw for around 1200 yards and one of the top recivers in the state in perry horkins.

they should be the best teams offensivly ..

anything i missed or got wrong wich seems to happen quite a bit....

anyway im looking foward to watching this year should be a very competitive region

obviously u haven't heard of the new Nick Bercik-Daniel Burns Duo from waverly, unfortunatley the only team that has gotten a taste from daniel burns was Houston Co., and yes i know Houston Co. isn't very good at football, but anyways in his first carrie of his career he had a 48 yard touchdown run, he had well over 200 yards in that game.

DOn't get me wrong I know i'm talking about Junior High which doesn't mean anything now, but nick bercik which had 5 touchdowns this year, Ran for 3000 yards his 8th grade year, he is very quick and fast, as long as that depleted offensive line can run Block wavo should be able to run

expected starters

QB #1 jake Hale Junior

TB #80 Nick Bercik Senior

FB #38 Daniel Burns SOphmore

TE #81 Tyler FUller

WR#88 Micheal Purcell

WR#24 Josh Hughes

OL #64 Frank James

OL #55 CLAY CURTIS

OL #58 Chase Parker

OL #54 Dustin Waggoner

OL #90 Josh O'neal