Watson watch!

Irondawg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is eligible. He played some last Friday night.

How do you know that he played last Friday nite, RealRedPride?

--------------------------------------------------------

1) What was his jersey number, during that game (vs East)?

2) What makes you so sure that it indeed WAS Eric Watson (and NOT some other kid wearing that number)?

2) Exactly WHEN did he enter the game?

3) Did he carry the ball -- If so, how many times? How many yards did he get?

How could he be eligible? If he is great, then why did the Olive Branch coach let him go? If he is on the football team, then what in the heck is he doing playing in a basketball game?

1) OB did not "let him go."

2) E.W. withdrew from OB.

3) According to a story (many weeks ago) in the Commercial Appeal newspaper, EW's dad lost his job in Mississippi... Dad & family then moved out of Mississippi and back to Tennessee (Mphs), into Melrose's school District...

4) Good question about the basketball thing...

5) ....I'm wondering the very same thing! That would be very odd! Something is just not making sense, here!

How do you know that he played last Friday nite, RealRedPride?

--------------------------------------------------------

1) What was his jersey number, during that game (vs East)?

2) What makes you so sure that it indeed WAS Eric Watson?

2) Exactly WHEN did he enter the game?

3) Did he carry the ball -- If so, how many times? How many yards did he get?

HC scouted the game last week. Number 28 was in for a couple of plays. They assumed it was Watson. That's all I know. Maybe someone else was wearing his number. I was not trying to start anything. I assumed it was common knowledge that he was eligible.

2) According to a story (many weeks ago) in the Commercial Appeal newspaper, EW's dad lost his job in Mississippi... Dad & family then moved out of Mississippi and back to Tennessee (Mphs), into Melrose's school District...

Im just saying that when I was coaching, I think if the kid is as good as you say EW is, then we would have found his Dad a job, in order for him to stay. This whole thing smells bad. I really wonder if there is some underlying issue that none of us are privy to. A great player just doesn't up and move in the middle of the season unless HE is unhappy about playing time or carries, OR, the COACHES don't care if he leaves or stays for reasons of team unity. I coached over 30 years and NEVER saw a great player move in the middle of a season for ANY reason. There is more to this than any of us know, because it makes NO sense at all.

3) According to a story (many weeks ago) in the Commercial Appeal newspaper, EW's dad lost his job in Mississippi... Dad & family then moved out of Mississippi and back to Tennessee (Mphs), into Melrose's school District...

4) Good question about the basketball thing...

5) ....I'm wondering the very same thing! That would be very odd! Something is just not making sense, here!

This is really strange. Can you confirm that he played in a basketball game?

HC scouted the game last week. Number 28 was in for a couple of plays. They assumed it was Watson. That's all I know. Maybe someone else was wearing his number. I was not trying to start anything. I assumed it was common knowledge that he was eligible.

No problem RealRed. Your post did not come across as... "trying to start something."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is why I asked those questions:

1) Eric Watson's eligibility status has actually been up in the air, for quite some time, since the Fairley game.

2) Apparently he did not play that following week vs Fayette Ware, or the next week... (at least the Commercial Appeal HS reporter indicated to me that had no information with which to confirm EW's playing status).

3) I attended the Melrose - East rematch. I saw #28. I'm almost certain that #28 was not Eric Watson. Here are several reasons why I think this (of course, I can't say with 100% certainty):

------------------------------------------------------------

A) EW is around 5' - 8" tall. He weighs around 210 or 215. I last saw him play for Olive Branch, vs Southaven, MS. He's kinda' short and thick, very muscular. A stocky dude....I've also seen him play several times in the past.

BB) Whoever that #28 kid was last Friday nite (the rematch), it was the same #28 (stature-wise) that dressed out for Melrose's 1st game vs East.

C) That #28 kid had nowhere near the same build as does EW.

D) When I attended Melrose vs East-I, I DEFINITELY looked for Eric Watson's jersey #28 (the # that the CA reported....he wore during Melrose's loss to Fairley).

E) The kid that wore #28 vs East (1st game) was NOT Eric Watson!

F) Thus, I do not think that the rematch-game #28 was EW, either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, this is just my anecdotal theory. I cannot be 100% certain.