Knox Halls

HaveitYourWay

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the redistricting has done to the Knox Halls schedule for next year?

They will play Anderson Co., Campbell Co., Clinton, Central, Karns, Hardin Valley, Oak Ridge, and Powell in district games. I am not sure who the 2 non-district games will be, but I'm guessing Gibbs will be one of them since they play them every year.

They will play Anderson Co., Campbell Co., Clinton, Central, Karns, Hardin Valley, Oak Ridge, and Powell in district games. I am not sure who the 2 non-district games will be, but I'm guessing Gibbs will be one of them since they play them every year.

The TSSAA web site has Hardin Valley, Oak Ridge, and Karns listed as 6A football schools. The rest are 5A football.

I cant believe Coach J would agree to play Webb. We will have a lot of trouble with them. I just hope we dont get in the Powell rut where we cant ever beat them.

Maybe Coach J is thinking that playing good teams should make Halls a better team. You shouldnt schedule a weak team just to get an easy win. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

We always played them close and they were very good games. Yes showed us what we needed to work on BUT i had rather win also.

I understand where you are coming from Shelia. I just feel that a stronger schedule gets your team ready for the playoffs. Would you rather go undefeated in the regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs? Or maybe lose a game or two to a really good team, then maybe go to the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs....possibly winning state? I know that playing good teams doesnt mean that you automatically have a great team come playoff time, i just think it gets you better prepared for the tough games you might face.

I cant believe Coach J would agree to play Webb. We will have a lot of trouble with them...

Webb won only 4 games this year. Their best win was probably their first game of the season in beating AE 19-6. Perhaps the CAK win was a good win too.

They graduate every starter on the offensive and defensive line and don't really have any currently in the wings. Some guys who have never played a varsity down are going to have to get much bigger and step up next year.

They will be very good at RB with 2-3 solid backs and one outstanding back. Defense will be solid at LB and Secondary. Big, big question marks as I said in both lines.

Based on what both teams have coming back, I see this one to be a very good game.

After seeing what Webb was loosing, Coach J made a good choice with Webb. If you think you get better playing good teams why do we play Gibbs, we ought to keep playing Maryville then Farragut, if that is what will make us get more better. After going 4-6 this year, we better be looking for easy wins cause our district is going to be tuff enought.