Covington job opening?

Ace5

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the next coach gets all the facts. When candidates were interviewed they were told it was the best team coming back in years. I doubt if you can find anyone on the staff that could have backed up that statement considererng the youth on the offensive line and just a really good athlete at QB not a true QB. Sounds like the administration got pushed because they were not committed to Beaubien. The AD came in with him and according to other posts has little experience and the new principal certainly need to give him more time as she was only with him for a year. It is always concerning when the loudest noise comes from outside the administration, possibly a disgrutled coach who did not get the job?

I just hope the next coach gets all the facts. When candidates were interviewed they were told it was the best team coming back in years. I doubt if you can find anyone on the staff that could have backed up that statement considererng the youth on the offensive line and just a really good athlete at QB not a true QB. Sounds like the administration got pushed because they were not committed to Beaubien. The AD came in with him and according to other posts has little experience and the new principal certainly need to give him more time as she was only with him for a year. It is always concerning when the loudest noise comes from outside the administration, possibly a disgrutled coach who did not get the job?

It is a shame when an assistant coach can go around town and bash the head coach simply because he did not get the job? Is that what you are saying bucsfan? I ask because that is the same info I got when I implied about the job from someone in town. Mind you...the info did not come from a Covington official. If that is the case, then the entire Covington administration should resign and get someone who has a backbone running Covington High School. This may scare off some coaches for that job. I saw Covington on film twice this year and they did not have the same caliber athletes they had a few years ago. They did have kids who played hard and seemed to be sound fundamentally. That is a tribute to Beaubien and his staff. Wait a minute...the kids played hard and were fundamentally sound? Isn't that what you want from a team and a coach after only 1 1/2 years on the job? Good luck Chargers in finding a coach for '09. Go Cougars!!

It is interesting to hear from people outside of Covington speculating on what goes on and what has happened over the past two years. Coach Beaubien is a great guy. However, he was not right for Covington. As for the statements insinuating that the players were behind him is false. The past two senior classes did not support his philosophy in style. I know some will argue it is not the players' positions and opinions, but they have to believe in the head coach. As in defense of the administration, the new principal has brought discipline into the school that has been lacking in the past few years. For example, enforced dress codes, students not wandering the hallways between classes, so on. The football program was lacking discipline. When your football players fear your female principal more than your head football coach, there is a problem. If it were not for a few of the assistant coaches, the program would have been in full disarray, but they can only do so much. As for criticizing the previous coach for leaving the football program with a tough schedule, the man left because he got married, not because he feared the upcoming schedule. Actually, he was very excited about the upcoming classes. Both of the past two senior classes had very successful freshmen years and were predicted to be successful. As for scheduling, because of Covington's previous success a lot of smaller schools will not play Covington. In addition, there are not many benefits to playing a weak schedule. Most good coaches would rather play some bigger and tougher teams to prepare themselves for their own region. As for speculation of a coach tearing Coach Beaubien down in the community, I would like a little more information about that and what are your sources. It is interesting when officials ask what happen, because they are not used to a Covington team that does not hit and plays an undiscipline style. However, the only change is Coach Beaubien, because I know of the defensive coordinator, who is good at what he does. Overall, I think several coaches would like the Covington job. The head coach at Covington has to be someone that the players respect. As for talent, Covington may not be loaded with the stars from the past, but these past two senior classes and future classes have good athletes, and a good coach can win with good athletes. There are coaches that win with average players. As for running the Wing T offense, I believe you have to run what your kids are used to and know. Most of these kids are raised in the Wing T at Crestview. Also, it has been very successful for both programs. I just don't believe you should not fix something that was not broken. As for being disciplined and fundamentally sound on the field, I have never seen the Covington team as "unfundamental" as it has been in the past two years. As for winning the last four out five games, these wins came against programs that were running on low times too. Other than Dyersburg, Obion, Ripley, and Munford are having slumps compared to past seasons. If you looked over the past few head coaches since Covington has been winning. Coaches McFerran, Linville, and Murphree have all been tough-nosed coaches that believe in discipline. This is what is needed for Covington football.