REGION 8

UGABulldogs23

I would say from their results so far no one in this region even comes close to Hendersonville. Their middle weights are very tough.They should do very well this weekend at Slamfest.

Slamfest is always a test for any program.

It will let the Commandos know where they stand in Middle TN Wrestling.

When the regions change next year, I see Clksville as the program that the Commandos will strive to overcome in the future for Regional Championships.

Hopefully this will build a strong region, however with Clksville having 2 major Tourneys every year and getting more than their fair share of Reg Champ Matches. The rich or just going to get richer!

It should be interesting.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slamfest is always a test for any program.

It will let the Commandos know where they stand in Middle TN Wrestling.

When the regions change next year, I see Clksville as the program that the Commandos will strive to overcome in the future for Regional Championships.

Hopefully this will build a strong region, however with Clksville having 2 major Tourneys every year and getting more than their fair share of Reg Champ Matches. The rich or just going to get richer!

It should be interesting.

How did yall do at Slamfest?

How did yall do at Slamfest?

I wasn't there. I will have to defer!

Nice list of Reg 8 Grapplers.

Division 1 Rankings for Dec 15, 2008

By Ronnie Bray on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dec 15, 2008

Others to watch: Tanner Bates (Mt. Juliet),

Austin Large (Hendersonville),

NA

3) Drake Townsend (Hendersonville)

6) Caleb Alsup (Friendship Christian)

2) Ryan Treloar (Hendersonville)

4) Jonny Kleinert (Beech)

Others to watch:

Others to watch: Kyle Saunders (Smyrna)

5) Brett Jaeckel (Hendersonville)

HWY- WC

We should have a few here?

Should be some good match up's coming from the metro schools and others.

Celeb is a senior.

Looks like 125-135 is strong weight class's like last year. Looks like their could be some changes after the new year. Where ever Kleinert ends up it should be an exciting regional final. It should help him and whoever else make some noise at state.

I see some good wrestling coming up.

BTW-How do I get your schedule coach?

Looks like 125-135 is strong weight class's like last year. Looks like their could be some changes after the new year. Where ever Kleinert ends up it should be an exciting regional final. It should help him and whoever else make some noise at state.

I see some good wrestling coming up.

BTW-How do I get your schedule coach?

Region 8 is starting to get intresting. Here are some names in no particular order of who looked good in first half.

103-Bates MT juliet, Hendersonville ??, Proctor Beech

112-McPherson white house,

119-Large hendersonville, Pickney Beech

125-?lebanon, Beech, mt juliet(seaman),johnson hendersonville

130-townsend hville, seaman mt juliet, alsep friendship, belcher wilson, roberts beech,smyrna

135-treloar hend, conner friendship,kleinert beech,herschenbach of wilson,james of smyrna

140-Newton hendersonville, mt juliet

145-white house, hendersonville, mt juliet

152-vinsen hendersonville, cash beech

160-davis mt juliet, saunders smyrna

171-this weight class takes top 4biggs mt juliet

189-jackeal hendersonville,cherry mt juliet, smyrna

215-mt juliet??, dalton beech

hwt-mt juliet, hendersonville, wilson, lebanon,

• 2 weeks later...

From what I read and understand from other fans. The MTJ Bears are the top team in the Region this year.

The Commandos could be sitting home this year at the State Duals.

I hope they can get the line up they need to beat the bears but we will see when it comes down to the end of the season. Winning the Regional duals can be a blessing and a curse. I have seen it go both ways.

Should make for some good wrestling for Region 8.

Congrats to the Bears and the Commandos on their good showing at Father Ryan this weekend!

This needs to be the HHS poster for their chance to take region for the 3rd yr.

• 2 weeks later...

Commandos 56 -10 Overton

With MTJ beating HHS and the Commandos beating some of the traditional powers like Clksville and Overton it should be a interestiing Reg Championship. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How about Blackman over FR. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Commandos 56 -10 Overton

With MTJ beating HHS and the Commandos beating some of the traditional powers like Clksville and Overton it should be a interestiing Reg Championship. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How about Blackman over FR. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is the last year of region 8 as we know it. Next season the region will be split, with hendersonville,beech,white house, greenbrier, springfield, and east robertson. joining with clarksville region

the rest of the region 8 teams go to murfreesboro region. and region 8 will be memphis area.

This is the last year of region 8 as we know it. Next season the region will be split, with hendersonville,beech,white house, greenbrier, springfield, and east robertson. joining with clarksville region

the rest of the region 8 teams go to murfreesboro region. and region 8 will be memphis area.

Looks like they forgot the price of gas. I think it will be a strong region but going to be harder on the wallet and for parents to make the matches. Looks like the reorganization helped football save on traveling but put a burden on some regions in wrestling.