Oak Ridge on the Rise!

BallKing2008

I have been to watch them practice, and play at Bearden's Hall of Fame game.

Oak Ridge is on the verge of something great. I watched how they broke down Carters offense, and put it on lock down. They doubled down on the giant Joe Meady forcing Carter to lob the ball with help stepping on his back side. This made Carter go into panic mode forcing Stanton, and the others to jack the ball from the three, like Carter is use to doing. Oak Ridge turned Lester Wilson hard left with the path opened to the goal, but he didn't take it. Several times Lester tried to still go right with the left being opened, and it didn't happen, not in this house. Oak Ridge showed that sticking to your game plan does work. Having patience with the ball, and working your play over and over again paid off. Too bad I had to leave, so that means I didn't get to watch the Bearden and Oak Ridge game. That being the point, Oak Ridge did play back to back. I will post when I get some details later.

• 3 weeks later...

Oak Ridge sports are falling they lost to Central last night there football team lost to Clinton most of the talent is in the valley and one of there best players the Irons kid is on jv give me a break.

Why slam Clinton? With Andy at front of the bus I think Clinton is on it's way to a State Championship. Oak Ridges BB looks pretty good. Most schools will have a slump or two.

Usually during the course of a season due to injuries, discipline, and sickness every team loses players. I know of 5 teams right now that have at least 2 players out. A good team has to learn to practice and play with who is available. That gives other players an opportunity to step up and show what they can do. There are no astericks with a "w" or an "L" in the record books.

A word of note, however, Coffey did not play and J. Rogers was throwing up near the bench. He had been out sick before that. Oak Ridge will be ready next time, but Central will be too.

Whats up with RC he didnt play the second half of the Clinton game is he still hurt or is he in trouble.

He played tonight in a win at Karns but starter Tucker Trent was out ill. I'm not sure how you can say Oak Ridge is on the rise. They made it to state last year and lost some very key players to graduation. They have a lot of work to get to that level again this year. Right now, they have as many losses as they did all of last year. The good news is that they have been going through a tough time lately with injury/illness so they are sure to get better and the team has 8 seniors.

He played tonight in a win at Karns but starter Tucker Trent was out ill. I'm not sure how you can say Oak Ridge is on the rise. They made it to state last year and lost some very key players to graduation. They have a lot of work to get to that level again this year. Right now, they have as many losses as they did all of last year. The good news is that they have been going through a tough time lately with injury/illness so they are sure to get better and the team has 8 seniors.

Have some faith in this team. Again Oak Ridge is on the rise, means they are capable of recovering from a year that seemed uncertain. Have faith and hope, because they will pull it off again.

Have some faith in this team. Again Oak Ridge is on the rise, means they are capable of recovering from a year that seemed uncertain. Have faith and hope, because they will pull it off again.

Folks, Oak Ridge will be fine. They went to Karns as underdogs and knocked off an undefeated team in a hostile environment. Karns and many other OR opponents have height, something Ricky Norris can't coach. As for Bearden, it was an early game and OR had just played Carter a few minutes earlier. Bearden has one of the more talented teams in the state. I can overlook that one. Oak Ridge is likely to win tonight and if so an 8-3 record at this point is not a bad thing with all the illnesses, injuries, etc. Look for the Wildcats to have a good season and I doubt there is a team on their schedule looking forward to Oak Ridge as an easy win.

Don't forget Jill Prudden's Lady Wildcats. They will be 10-0 after tonight and unlikely to lose an in-state game the rest of the regular season for sure. Last year's team lost to the top team in Ohio and to the eventual (TN) state champion by 2 points in the semifinals of the state tournament in a game they led all the way til the end. USA today ranks them 7th in the nation and next week at the Nike Tournament of Champions they will play four of the top teams in the nation. (And CoachT has them ranked 19th in Tennessee AAA here??) Oak Ridge will be ok.

Good luck to all your teams.