2009 District 12AA

hsfbfan07

Agreed.

And how many will go that wouldn't have? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I don't think that many teams will go to the playoffs that would'nt have last year. It's the ones that don't go that would have went that are going to start complaining. They'll have a right to complain in my opinion.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that many teams will go to the playoffs that would'nt have last year. It's the ones that don't go that would have went that are going to start complaining. They'll have a right to complain in my opinion.

As I said before........"it just doesn't make any sense". Your point of district play for the big schools such as Giles, Page, Marshall and Springhill won't help when it comes to playoff time. The schedule just isn't the challenge they have had in the past. Might help the smaller ones playing a tougher schedule, but a key injury here or there could really hurt the season also.

Wonder who came up with this. Maybe they should have gone through a 12 step program first.

Giles is the team to beat in 12. Marshall and Springhill next.

Spring Hill vs. Kenwood Monday night. Starters: SH 4 KW 0, Young guys KW 1 SH 0. SH starters were in 5 series on offense .... scored 4 times. Busted play stalled the only drive that did not score. Spring Hill vs. Rossview this Friday.

Spring Hill vs. Kenwood Monday night. Starters: SH 4 KW 0, Young guys KW 1 SH 0. SH starters were in 5 series on offense .... scored 4 times. Busted play stalled the only drive that did not score. Spring Hill vs. Rossview this Friday.

Sounds like Spring Hill is coming along. They should be very good this year...maybe even still second in the region.

How good of a team is Kenwood?

Spring Hill is defenitely going to be a contender. Year one under the new staff they had a fine offense. However, the defense was not very good. After a year in the weight room getting more physical and another year getting coached up... the defense should be much improved. They will have a chance in every game this year.

Looks like the new district is already heating up .....well at least with the fans.

Bulldog knows that Page is rebuilding...2nd half of the season could show a big improvement. With Daniels you have to be able to defend. Remember this team last year was given absolutely no chance against Centennial and run all over the Cougars.

Lots of question marks and depth issues. 4-6 would be a decent year. Boundary realignment gain would be a plus.

Fan issues as well....pitiful

I said at the end of last year that Giles will win 4A this next year and I stand by that statement. Spring Hill is going to be a playoff team. They have a bunch of playmakers who are going to succeed in the second year under their new coaching staff. Marshall Co. is going to be fast and athletic and on defense they will continue to improve as long as Thomas is coaching there. Page lost a terrific group of seniors and they will have to reload to get back to the playoffs. Daniels is a great coach so if anyone can do it he will. Lewis Co. should be the top 3A team in the district. I am anxious to see how they respond with this much more challenging schedule. Hickman Co. & Fairview will be able to compete and beat the lower level teams and challenge one another for that second 3A playoff spot. East Hickman may not win a district game over the next four years......SORRY!

I said at the end of last year that Giles will win 4A this next year and I stand by that statement. Spring Hill is going to be a playoff team. They have a bunch of playmakers who are going to succeed in the second year under their new coaching staff. Marshall Co. is going to be fast and athletic and on defense they will continue to improve as long as Thomas is coaching there. Page lost a terrific group of seniors and they will have to reload to get back to the playoffs. Daniels is a great coach so if anyone can do it he will. Lewis Co. should be the top 3A team in the district. I am anxious to see how they respond with this much more challenging schedule. Hickman Co. & Fairview will be able to compete and beat the lower level teams and challenge one another for that second 3A playoff spot. East Hickman may not win a district game over the next four years......SORRY!

Have to agree on Giles being the leader of the pack. Toss up between Marshall and Springhill who finish number #2. The 3A group is a toss up I think. Fairview kept most of their team from last year in tack. They have their big play makers. Hickman and Lewis is a big question. Both lost so many to Graduation. They are dealing with many inexperienced players this year and un-tested. Not sure how either of these will be this year. Based on that I would have to give the edge to Fairview just on returning players. Lewis has a solid coaching staff so that could be a big plus at crunch time. With so many of the line, both O and D awful big shoes to fill/replace. Their QB/Safety is another hard spot to replace, although I hear they have an experience QB that has played that position forever. Hickman is about in the same boat as Lewis......big hit in Grauation. They have the same problem as Lewis. EHHS........with new coaching and all the Drama they have had can't see them taking that next step this year especially with all the big schools on the schedule. If they were in the same district last year......they could have seen 4 or 5 wins (without the coaching drama).

The question I have is how much this district will hurt the top schools such as Giles, Springhill Marshall and Page when playoff time comes around.

Good luck to this district.......one of the best (on paper) in the state.......not many ones you can mark down as a win on friday. I know the smaller schools will play hard and not lay down. They will play with that nothing to lose attitude I could see a few upsets and surprise sprinkled around during the season. Good luck to the Entire District!

Spring Hill is defenitely going to be a contender. Year one under the new staff they had a fine offense. However, the defense was not very good. After a year in the weight room getting more physical and another year getting coached up... the defense should be much improved. They will have a chance in every game this year.

Spring Hill Vs. Rossview (4A Playoff team in '08) Good Scrimmage! Very Physical! Both teams looked good. ....#7 QB from Rossview is the real deal running and throwing the ball. 1's vs. 1's SH 32 - Rossview 28.