2009 District 12AA

hsfbfan07

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 1 / August 28th Results

E. Hickman wins over Loretto 40-13 (2-0)

Fairview wins over E. Robertson 41-27 (1-0)

Giles wins over Lawrence Co. 34-7 (1-1)

Hickman loses to Harpeth 56-13 (1-1)

Lewis Co loses to Collinwood 15-13 (0-2)

Marshall Co loses to BGA 29-3 (0-1)

Page wins over Eagleville 40-0 (1-1)

Spring Hill wins over Mt. Pleasant 38-13 (2-0)

Week 2 9/4; District Play Begins:

E Hickman vs. Fairview

Giles vs Spring Hill

Hickman @ Marshall Co.

Lewis Co. vs. Page

All of these games next week should carry a lot of meaning. East Hickman vs Fairview is a district game and it's within the 3A bracket as well. Both teams are off to great starts and the winner should have an inside track to the playoffs. Giles vs Spring Hill is the exact same way and it's also a game that many feel like could decide the whole district race. Lewis and Page are both perrenial contenders and both will be hungry to start fast in the district. Hickman & Marshall are both coming off of lopsided losses last night and both will be looking to erase those memories very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

This District is starting to show how it will finish.

In the 4A bracket...Giles (showing well with a tough schedule, and no real

challenges left, should finish with just one loss.

The remaining schedule only has a record of 8-13.

Should finish 9-1)

Page (played a tough schedule also, even though they are

2-3, they have showed well. Don't see anything in front

if them, should finish 7-3.

Spinghill (4-1 now, but have a tough schedule ahead. They

have Columbia Central and Page, which I believe

they most likely will lose and finish no worse than

7-3, but because I think they will lose against Page

they will finish 3rd)

Marshall (just have a down year and are young, 0-4 now, but

see them picking up a win or two before the end)

So the 4A.....(just an opinion)

Giles, Page, Springhill and Marshall

3A...............Fairview should finish 6-4 (at worse 5-5)

Lewis could finish 5-5 (worse 4-6)

This winner of this group should be decided when they meet on

Oct. 23

Hickman

E. Hickman.

So...if they finish that way, not sure how the playoff situation will

be, If not only Giles and Page get in, but will springhill be able to go?

Springhill will if they can beat Page. I seen both play, and have to

Edge to Page. I really thought Springhill would be alittle stronger

than I have seen, I know they have a good record now.....but the

opponents they have beaten is nothing like Giles and Page.

This is just a guess as of now, and of course in High School football it can change quickly. Good Luck to all of 12

This District is starting to show how it will finish.

In the 4A bracket...Giles (showing well with a tough schedule, and no real

challenges left, should finish with just one loss.

The remaining schedule only has a record of 8-13.

Should finish 9-1)

Page (played a tough schedule also, even though they are

2-3, they have showed well. Don't see anything in front

if them, should finish 7-3.

Spinghill (4-1 now, but have a tough schedule ahead. They

have Columbia Central and Page, which I believe

they most likely will lose and finish no worse than

7-3, but because I think they will lose against Page

they will finish 3rd)

Marshall (just have a down year and are young, 0-4 now, but

see them picking up a win or two before the end)

So the 4A.....(just an opinion)

Giles, Page, Springhill and Marshall

3A...............Fairview should finish 6-4 (at worse 5-5)

Lewis could finish 5-5 (worse 4-6)

This winner of this group should be decided when they meet on

Oct. 23

Hickman

E. Hickman.

So...if they finish that way, not sure how the playoff situation will

be, If not only Giles and Page get in, but will springhill be able to go?

Springhill will if they can beat Page. I seen both play, and have to

Edge to Page. I really thought Springhill would be alittle stronger

than I have seen, I know they have a good record now.....but the

opponents they have beaten is nothing like Giles and Page.

This is just a guess as of now, and of course in High School football it can change quickly. Good Luck to all of 12

I believe that if Spring Hill finishes third they can still get to the playoffs with a wildcard. But I'm not sure how that works. The new system is very confusing to me.

Does anyone have any info on Fairview? That is the Raiders next district opponent and those are the games that matter. I see they are 3-1 on the year. No one around here knows too much about them. I don't see any 3A school being able to compete against this team this year. Lewis was our worse game of the year and we still won.

From my understanding of the playoff picture is the top 2 4A teams and top 2 3A teams are promised spots in the playoffs. The rest must get in through the wildcard method. I may be wrong. Can't wait til Friday to see the Raiders line up against a tough Columbia squad. Let's hope for an injury free game.

Does anyone have any info on Fairview? That is the Raiders next district opponent and those are the games that matter. I see they are 3-1 on the year. No one around here knows too much about them. I don't see any 3A school being able to compete against this team this year. Lewis was our worse game of the year and we still won.

From my understanding of the playoff picture is the top 2 4A teams and top 2 3A teams are promised spots in the playoffs. The rest must get in through the wildcard method. I may be wrong. Can't wait til Friday to see the Raiders line up against a tough Columbia squad. Let's hope for an injury free game.

That is correct about District 12 and the play off picture.

Where it gets interesting is in the Districts like: 1; 5; 7; 11; where there is only 1 4A team within the District. In these cases the 4A team would have to finish 1 or 2 within the District to get an automatic birth. If they don't then more wildcard spots come open.

Also in Districts: 2; 4; 8; 15; 16; there are 2 or 3 4A teams.

Only the top 4A team would go automatic, unless 4A teams finish 1 and 2 within the District, then 2 would come from these districts with automatic bids. If they don't send 2 teams, then more wildcard spots are open.

:popcorneater::popcorneater::popcorneater:

That is correct about District 12 and the play off picture.

Where it gets interesting is in the Districts like: 1; 5; 7; 11; where there is only 1 4A team within the District. In these cases the 4A team would have to finish 1 or 2 within the District to get an automatic birth. If they don't then more wildcard spots come open.

Also in Districts: 2; 4; 8; 15; 16; there are 2 or 3 4A teams.

Only the top 4A team would go automatic, unless 4A teams finish 1 and 2 within the District, then 2 would come from these districts with automatic bids. If they don't send 2 teams, then more wildcard spots are open.

:popcorneater::popcorneater::roflolk:

That's correct, I think :blink: It should be interesting to see how this plays out when the playoffs are actually here :popcorneater:

In 3A there are 23 automatic qualifiers with another 8 that could qualify by finishing 1 or 2 in their district. That leaves anywhere from 1-9 wild card spots.

In 4A there are 23 automatic qualifiers with another 9 that could qualify by finishing 1 or 2 in their district. That leaves anywhere from 0-9 wild card spots.

32 teams from each of 3A and 4A make the playoffs.