Oneida Boys Basketball

kazam37

some of you need to realize that just because your sons aren't playing doesn't mean that coah yaden has some sort of vendetta against them. he IS trying to put the best five players on the court. didn't torrey slaven and dylan west go into the starting lineup almost immediately after returning from football?

give him time. it's a new coach, a completely new style of playing. some nights you're going to look extremely good and some nights you're going to look awful. by the time the post season gets here this team will be able to compete with anyone in the district.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for the most part, but Coach Yaden will have to decide on a rotation eventually, and a few will be left out. A team cannot realistically play more than ten people a game and expect the players to feel involved. What's true and unfortunate is that there are so many good players for this team. So many players offer a different variety of skills that it is hard to separate who should be playing where. Coach Yaden has to develop a rotation, which will be hard because there are so many talented players on the roster. If he can find a ten man rotation, or even a 11-12 man rotation, then he can max out his talent. By the end of the year i believe he and his assistants will have this team at full speed and running with anyone.

Of course, the minds of Oneida Fans are on the Football team and this week's match-up with Trousdale Co, but in a round ball note the basketball season began last night for the Indians. Oneida, playing with a depleated line-up looked, for the most part, pretty solid last night. York is 1-2, but they have long held a solid reputation in basketball. Oneida had a Freshman (Wright) in the post last night, and only four kids on the bench, yet got an early lead and rode it to the finish. Coach Yaden has had all of about a month and a half to come up with a workable system for these kids and I thought they were very disciplined in accomplishing the win last night. I have thought all along that he is very capable if given the reins to a team that fits his personnality, and it looks like he might have that right off the bat! You can't underestimate the impact his two seasoned players (Jeffers and Laxton) had on last night's win. Jeffers supplied points and poise....Laxton did a great job influencing the outcome with his passing and board work. I think the team will have some better parts when they have a full compiment of players, but the youngin's did a very good job with their minutes in the first ball game. December and January will be vital months to determine how this team will do, but if the players that join them later show the same discipline, then Oneida may have a good season in store for it's fans! Anyone else come away as impressed as me?

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz-a-Shaq /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree for the most part, but Coach Yaden will have to decide on a rotation eventually, and a few will be left out. A team cannot realistically play more than ten people a game and expect the players to feel involved. What's true and unfortunate is that there are so many good players for this team. So many players offer a different variety of skills that it is hard to separate who should be playing where. Coach Yaden has to develop a rotation, which will be hard because there are so many talented players on the roster. If he can find a ten man rotation, or even a 11-12 man rotation, then he can max out his talent. By the end of the year i believe he and his assistants will have this team at full speed and running with anyone.

you think so steve

dont you mean you steve jeffers will have to decide.

Has the team really lost to anyone that they haven't been losing to in the past few years. I mean really people are acting like the team has bombed out or something. Yes they lost at Jellico who they barely beat in overtime last year, and they had a shot at winning this year untill a player foul'd out and desided to take his jersey off when he got to the bench and got T'd up which was the begining of the end to that game. All i'm saying is take a look back to results from last year before some of you deside to state your "facts". Also I get a chance to talk to Steve from time to time, and for any of you that get the plessure of thinking he gets on here to read most of the garbage that some people post well he doesn't. Last time I talked to him we talked about what some of you have been saying, and from what I got he has herd whats been said but doesn't feel the need to try to come on here and give any sort of responce. As for those players who played a lot last year well look at the people who are there now that they wasn't competing with for time last year, and for the JV most of the players on it didnt get playing time as 8th graders. So once again take a look back at last years results, stats before you feel the need to post your much valued oppinons. (Once again incase my grammar is throwing you for a loop the last part was sarcasam.) With that said i'm glad people started posting again I was running out of things to do. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Has the team really lost to anyone that they haven't been losing to in the past few years. I mean really people are acting like the team has bombed out or something. Yes they lost at Jellico who they barely beat in overtime last year, and they had a shot at winning this year untill a player foul'd out and desided to take his jersey off when he got to the bench and got T'd up which was the begining of the end to that game. All i'm saying is take a look back to results from last year before some of you deside to state your "facts". Also I get a chance to talk to Steve from time to time, and for any of you that get the plessure of thinking he gets on here to read most of the garbage that some people post well he doesn't. Last time I talked to him we talked about what some of you have been saying, and from what I got he has herd whats been said but doesn't feel the need to try to come on here and give any sort of responce. As for those players who played a lot last year well look at the people who are there now that they wasn't competing with for time last year, and for the JV most of the players on it didnt get playing time as 8th graders. So once again take a look back at last years results, stats before you feel the need to post your much valued oppinons. (Once again incase my grammar is throwing you for a loop the last part was sarcasam.) With that said i'm glad people started posting again I was running out of things to do. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

the thing that you say is true, they have been losing to the same teams, but these same teams have lost more from last year than the oneida team, they returned everybody but 2 and picked up one who was injured..... they shouldn't be losing to these teams. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

True Oneida has got players that where there last year, but it doesn't help much to have returning players when attitudes. This team has some distractions that need to be delt with, and in my opinon should be delt with in a removal of the player. Incase any of you are in the dark about what i'm talking about there is a " not going to mention his name." senior whos parents are going above and beyond trying to talk the kid on the court. Aside from that another person whom I will not mention putting words in coaches mouths. If the player would let his playing do his talking there would be no problem, but when you go to practice with the attitude that you are "IT" and then go home and get smoke blew.... well we all know the rest. Point is if the player is the best then let me show it not mommy and daddy talk it. Second when I played sports if someones parents was doing this I wouldnt want them on my team nor did I like to play with ego's. These sort of players can do a number of things 1. Pull their head out and do what they are capable of. 2. They keep doing what they are doing, and the rest of the team be pulled down with them. 3. They could do the team a favor and either do option 1 or just QUIT and stop cause a destraction.

what did everybody think about friday night??..even though the indians lost..they made a 26 point swing from the last time they played cc.. looked alot better than the first time, maybe this is gonna be a catalyst to the rest of the season...things are looking better, only 7 guys played too, could be a sign?

what did everybody think about friday night??..even though the indians lost..they made a 26 point swing from the last time they played cc.. looked alot better than the first time, maybe this is gonna be a catalyst to the rest of the season...things are looking better, only 7 guys played too, could be a sign?

I like the rotation they used and they did look alot better i think they will start playing like they should