AAA in Shelby County

Dragonmaster

You've been nipping on that East Tn moonshine regarding your guard analysis but are certainly entitled to your opinion. Fortunately the folks on the hill feel differently. My reference to their current guards was to Bass not Bobbitt.

I haven't seen McMinn Central or Upperman but they are both solid programs as are Gibson County, Obion, and Westview down this way. The state tourney in AA is gonna be a shoot out for sure

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DU I'm sure your "beloved Panthers" will do well for themselves and may even earn the #1 spot before it's all over. But that's why they have to play. Good luck to all the west TN teams as they get into the thick of district play. Let's take home as many gold balls as we can come March.

I can assure you that being number 1 in the dandy dozen is NOT on the ???To Do List??? for my beloved lady panthers and is ABSOULUTELY NOT a concern. I only responded because a poster was commenting on BHS. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As a matter of fact: Bartlett was ranked number 2 in the (AP) State Rankings for the majority of the season (2 years ago) and they didn??™t even make it to the tournament. BHS had a target on their backs in every single game. It seemed like the absolute ???worst??? teams played BHS like there was no tomorrow.

Good luck to all in district play and post season..... Tha popcorn is popping: /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Come on yall??¦.. Keep it clean??¦. It is alright to talk up your team, debate rankings, debate general TEAM matchups etc etc??¦ However, let??™s not do that at the expense of ???kids??? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ??¦.. These are young ball players having fun. We are just a few ???old timers??? chewing the fat!

There is no need to play the ???this player / that player??? comparison game - I??™m sure all the players mentioned are extremely talented.

So you not gonna defend me DuDa??? Coaches have feelings too. They are telling me that I should run for Mayor and stuff. I'm guessing because I stink as a coach. I'm learning my way and trying to figure this girls basketball thing out. Give me a few more years before you pull the plug on me now. lol

Oh yea since someone mentioned full strength, we haven't been full strength for much of the year but have been managing to manufacture wins. I'm proud of that but we haven't been playing at the same level for various reasons but the season isn't gonna stop for us, we have to make it do what it do and keep moving. That loss to Lausanne was what it was. We shot like crap, played terrible defense and didn't translate what we wanted to happen effectively from a coaching stand point and we loss. You won't beat anybody shooting 9 for 43 from the field. It was the perfect storm. 4 of the 5 starters had 4 fouls and one had 3. Hopefully we all learned from that game a lot about ourselves and about how to deal with adversity. Coach Kelly from Lausanne is an awesome coach and has a great team. I'm sure when they went to that tournament that they weren't on their A game as we weren't on ours when we played and they loss. As long as they have everyone healthy they will be fine. They are a great group of players with an awesome point guard! Don't underestimate them based on one or two off nights. Even the world champions lost some games in the 7 game series but won it all and those losses didn't matter because they were the world champions. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to lose anything but I try my best to learn from every loss. I will give that Mayoral race some consideration though...I like the sound of that Mayor Gat. lol

So you not gonna defend me DuDa??? Coaches have feelings too. They are telling me that I should run for Mayor and stuff. I'm guessing because I stink as a coach. I'm learning my way and trying to figure this girls basketball thing out. Give me a few more years before you pull the plug on me now. lol

Oh yea since someone mentioned full strength, we haven't been full strength for much of the year but have been managing to manufacture wins. I'm proud of that but we haven't been playing at the same level for various reasons but the season isn't gonna stop for us, we have to make it do what it do and keep moving. That loss to Lausanne was what it was. We shot like crap, played terrible defense and didn't translate what we wanted to happen effectively from a coaching stand point and we loss. You won't beat anybody shooting 9 for 43 from the field. It was the perfect storm. 4 of the 5 starters had 4 fouls and one had 3. Hopefully we all learned from that game a lot about ourselves and about how to deal with adversity. Coach Kelly from Lausanne is an awesome coach and has a great team. I'm sure when they went to that tournament that they weren't on their A game as we weren't on ours when we played and they loss. As long as they have everyone healthy they will be fine. They are a great group of players with an awesome point guard! Don't underestimate them based on one or two off nights. Even the world champions lost some games in the 7 game series but won it all and those losses didn't matter because they were the world champions. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to lose anything but I try my best to learn from every loss. I will give that Mayoral race some consideration though...I like the sound of that Mayor Gat. lol

Public Announcement:

This message was approved by Mayor Gat

& his campaign committee.....lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coach Gat I couldn't resist /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Did anyone else at the Dragonfire see the disco move that Coachgat made when he wanted a blocking foul called.

It was pure SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Public Announcement:

This message was approved by Mayor Gat

& his campaign committee.....lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coach Gat I couldn't resist /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In Memphis he would be referred to as King Gat. Not even Millington gets a 14 part series in the newspaper like King Willie.

So you not gonna defend me DuDa??? Coaches have feelings too. They are telling me that I should run for Mayor and stuff.

Don??™t worry Coach G??¦.. I got your back??¦??¦

I for one think you do a great job coaching. You revitalized a dieing program and catapulted it into a nationally recognized juggernaut.

HOWEVER, politics may not be so bad after the basketball stops bouncing??¦. HECK: I would even volunteer to be your right hand man?????

How does this sound:

Obama

Biden

McCain

Palin

Coachgat

DuKnowDaGame?

Our campaign slogan could be: ???GET YA POPCORN READY??? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Key matchups tonight:

St. Benedict ??“vs- Briarcrest

White Station ??“vs- Ridgeway

Bartlett ??“vs- Bolton

Melrose ??“vs- Fairley

St. Benedict is playing their best ball of the season and Symone Daniels and Brittney Taylor both have elevated their games as the season has progressed. Briarcrest will really have to execute in their half court sets to pull this one out. St. Benedict will need to work inside / out and reduce their player rotation so as to not loose momentum during large portions of a quarter.

The White Station and Ridgeway game should be a knock down drag out. Ridgeway??™s press will force White Station to make quick decisions in the transition game but White Station??™s Murphy and Chi Chi are a tough outside/inside match up for any team. Both players have the capability of lighting you up and taking over the game. I don??™t think White Station will have an unusually high rate of turnovers but they may end up with some of their 4th & 5th options taking quick shots in transition (due to the press) that may not be to their advantage.

Bartlett has returned Jefferson and is only playing their third game at home. Throw out the records when these two meet ???FLAT OUT RIVALRY?????¦.. Bolton returns their other post player (Andy) to offset Watson on the other block (this makes Bolton more versatile from a scoring aspect and better defensively in the paint). Bartlett will have to defend tough on the perimeter / full court and stay out of foul trouble. If Bolton??™s young guards don??™t respond early to the pressure ??“ it could get ugly???

Fairley is undersized but extremely scrappy. If Erica O gets on a roll - that could spell trouble for Melrose. However, (IMO) Melrose??™s early perimeter shooting will be key in this matchup. Melrose??™s perimeter shooting will set their guards up for late game penetration and dump downs to their post. Fairley is scrappy but that may not be enough!

Tennessee AP poll as of Jan. 12th

TENNESSEE AP GIRLS

CLASS AAA

/ Record / Pts / Prv

1. Central (13) / 13-1 / 153 / 1

2. Hillsboro / 13-1 / 117 / 3

3. Morristown West (2) / 15-1 / 112 / T4

4. Oak Ridge (1) / 14-2 / 106 / T4

5. Mt. Juliet / 15-1 / 74 / 8

(tie) Wilson Central / 13-3 / 74 / 6

7. Millington / 17-2 / 67 / 7

8. Riverdale / 14-3 / 48 / 2

9. White Station / 16-2 / 37 / 9

10. Brentwood / 14-2 / 30 / 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: Cocke County 21, Walker Valley 19, Clarksville 16, White County 14.

Tennessee AP poll as of Jan. 12th

TENNESSEE AP GIRLS

CLASS AAA

/ Record / Pts / Prv

1. Central (13) / 13-1 / 153 / 1

2. Hillsboro / 13-1 / 117 / 3

3. Morristown West (2) / 15-1 / 112 / T4

4. Oak Ridge (1) / 14-2 / 106 / T4

5. Mt. Juliet / 15-1 / 74 / 8

(tie) Wilson Central / 13-3 / 74 / 6

7. Millington / 17-2 / 67 / 7

8. Riverdale / 14-3 / 48 / 2

9. White Station / 16-2 / 37 / 9

10. Brentwood / 14-2 / 30 / 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: Cocke County 21, Walker Valley 19, Clarksville 16, White County 14.

hummmm..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Congrats West TN....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />