2009 Jefferson County Football

Warlock

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on in Patriot Country?

First 3 games look tough. Any predictions on record? I thought Goins looked good against Bearden so that should be settled.

Anthony did a great job against Bearden, especially it bein his first start at QB. He is quick and has good size. He has a bright future at quarterback.

• 4 weeks later...
Jefferson County has a pretty tough schedule but I am pretty confident that they can hold their own with most of the teams. I think they will be a more-improved team this year because of alot of returning sophomore and junior starters. The sophomores were big last year with Cain, Stooksberry (first team all-conference) Jenkins (second team all-conference) on the O-line, Mason returning punts, Kountz at linebacker, and numerous other sophomores. The thing the team really needs is a QB to step up , offensive line, and what i noticed was a lack of depth at wide receiver. This team has a chance to be really good, its just a matter of are they willing to work hard and can the develop the leadership from upcoming juniors needed to succeed at this level? And personally I believe they need to get away from the veer. They DO NOT have the right players to run that, but i realize that is what their coach really knows from high school and college. By now i'm just rambling... but good luck to jeff county-coming from a Catholic High School attendee.