Montgomery County Produces Champions

theydontcare

I have no first-hand knowledge but what Montgomery County appears to lack is much of a commitment to athletics - period. Nearly every county can probably boast having generated successful assistant coaches but there is a whole lot more to finding a good Head Coach than finding assistants who have coached in championship games! It would be interesting to see of all the state champion Head Coaches how many won titles as assistants and how many did not.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my post was to show how well the young man worked from January - May with 3-4 assistants. Great atmosphere at the time Southerland was Intern, and grades were on the rise along with behavior. Those months were probable the most important to ensure athletes were academic eligable. Respect what Johnson has done, but would have liked to see if Southerland's plan may have work too. Guess we will never know, so Coach went to Kentucky to learn under a great Head Coach at Christian County and playing for a title. Gaining that knowledge of what it takes, and may even understanding how to deal with the playoffs. Good luck coach, and we are going to be there to support you as you did 2 times this year supporting the Eagles. Southerland had two Saturday games and elected to see the Franklin game and the Clarksivlle game and also make it to the Rossview game. That is a good coach in my opinion checking up on former athletes to watch their successes.

I am sure that if Coach Sutherland is that great of a coach he will be back in Tennessee soon. Heck right now in the surrounding area you have the following schools open:

Montgomery Central

West Creek

Springfield

Portland

and maybe one other county school will open soon.

I personally would like to see him get the Springfield or West Creek job or heck even the other school that may open up soon. I do hope he applies. To see how much experience he has gotten from one year in Kentucky and making it to the state final. I am sure a lot of the coaches in this area would like to see him come back as a head coach of a team.

Sitting at home last night I watched the Hillsboro game on TV and saw a glance at Kelly Myers coaching the newly crowned 4A state champions last night. Next week I will be going to watch Fort Campbell play in Papa Johns stadium to see Todd Hodd play for a second state crown. Last I will listen to the Hopkinsville radio station to hear if my sons old coach from Northeast Chris Southerland wins his first state title with Christian County.

What do all three of these coaches have in Common?

1. All coached at Northwest!

2. All denied head coaching jobs in Montgomey County!

3. All live in this community still today.

4. Were told they were not head coaching material, due to one reason or another.

5. Last, Northwest dismissed each.

We want winners in Montgomery County, but we keep pushing them away! Who is next to leave and win? /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Theydontcare

where have you been. rough week of practice? Good luck tomorrow. keep us in touch with how things are going at CCC.

The way i see it is everything happens for a reason.

i am thankful for what coach southerland did for us in the spring

but i think our school and admin made the right choice by hiring coach Johnson.

Maybe God had different plans for coach southerland, i mean look at the success hes having now.

everything worked out fine to me.

What will happen with the community of coaches once west creek opens up? Who all is applying, and which assistant coaches are looking to apply for assistant positions?

Those coaches that participated in those games the past two weeks are gaining experience. Maybe someday that experience may show in the future. Who knows? The playoffs are a different experience than the regular season. Each week, except for the last game in regular season, you have one more to prepare for if you lose. The play offs are win you move on, lose you go home.

I do believe each coach that experiences the championship game have picked up something that may help them in the future. Something every coach should experience and carry back to their program.

Good luck to all the coaches next year!

What will happen with the community of coaches once west creek opens up? Who all is applying, and which assistant coaches are looking to apply for assistant positions?

Those coaches that participated in those games the past two weeks are gaining experience. Maybe someday that experience may show in the future. Who knows? The playoffs are a different experience than the regular season. Each week, except for the last game in regular season, you have one more to prepare for if you lose. The play offs are win you move on, lose you go home.

I do believe each coach that experiences the championship game have picked up something that may help them in the future. Something every coach should experience and carry back to their program.

Good luck to all the coaches next year!

Are you going to apply for any of the openings in Montgomery County or Springfield?