Jo Byrns 2009 Football Schedule

Shep

IN 93 THE SCORE WAS JBS 18 EAST 6 (90 PERCENT POSITIVE) IN 92 EAST WON 14 TO 7, IN 91 EAST WON BIG SOMETHING LIKE 42 TO 7--I THINK THAT WAS CURTIS WODARD'S SENIOR YEAR, IN 1986 EAST WON I BELIEVE 20 TO 6 I CANNOT RECALL THE SCORE OF THE 89 GAME IN 87-89 JBS WON 4 TIMES. IN 88 THEY PLAYED TWICE ONCE IN A BOWL JBS WON 7 TO 0.. (JBS IN 93 DID HAVE AN 26 TO 18 GAME AND IT WAS A LOSS TO DONELSON CHRISTIAN THE ONLY LOSS IN THE REGULAR SEASON)

THE 90 GAME WAS UNBELIEVABLE. GET THESE STATS--JBS HELD EAST UNDER 100 YARDS OF OFFENSE---JBS RAN OVER 80 PLAYS AND EAST RAN LESS THAN 20 PLAYS. EAST WON 12 TO 6. EAST DID NOT MAKE MISTAKES AND JBS DID. THE BIG PLAY IN THAT GAME WAS JBS THREW A THROW BACK PAS TO THE QB AND EAST INTERCEPTED AND TOOK IT BACK. (SORRY FOR GOING ON AND ON AND REPEATING SOME SCORES I HAD NOT READ PREVIOUS POSTS)

Thank You, thats good info to go on, I'll check it out.

I need someone to confirm 1968 Score, ER 26-13.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest compulation;

JB year ER

37 2008 6

41 2007 7

26 2006 0

28 2005 27

no 2004 game

no 2003 game

34 2002 8

27 2001 6

26 2000 15

7 1999 34

6 1998 55

16 1997 14

6 1996 12

6 1995 7

7 1994 29

18 1993 6

7 1992 14

7 1991 42

6 1990 12

1989 JB

14 1988 6 JB defeats ER in Boyce Smith Bowl 7-0

16 1987 13

6 1986 20

28 1985 0

1984 ER

1983 ER

6 1982 0

1980 JB

37 1979 0

1978 JB

6 1973 14

12 1972 6

13 1968 26

1963 JB defeats ER in Blanket Bowl 7-6

Thank You, thats good info to go on, I'll check it out.

I need someone to confirm 1968 Score, ER 26-13.

THANKS FOR DOING THIS. THIS IS BRINGING BACK SOME GOOD TIMES. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THE 05 AND 06 SCORES. I WAS THINKING THE O5 SCORE WAS 29 TO 28 AND THE 06 SCORE WAS 36 TO 0. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR WORK AND I HAVE A PHONE CALL IN TO A FRIEND AND HOPEFULLY, HE CAN GIVE ME THE 89 SCORE.

THANKS FOR DOING THIS. THIS IS BRINGING BACK SOME GOOD TIMES. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THE 05 AND 06 SCORES. I WAS THINKING THE O5 SCORE WAS 29 TO 28 AND THE 06 SCORE WAS 36 TO 0. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR WORK AND I HAVE A PHONE CALL IN TO A FRIEND AND HOPEFULLY, HE CAN GIVE ME THE 89 SCORE.

Can someone confirm these scores? 94 to present I pulled off a website database but if they are wrong we can get them corrected.

Here's a bowl appearance update.

JB Year Bowl Game Opponent Outcome

1950 Crimson Clover Bowl Huntland L 20-14

Johnny Majors was RB for Huntland and his Father was their coach

1959 Blanket Bowl Moore Co W 14-0

1963 Blanket Bowl East Robertson W 7-6

1979 Boyce Smith Bowl TYC W 21-12

1980 Barrel Bowl Wayne Co W 14-2

1981 Lions Bowl (Watertown) Gordonsville L 18-0

1984 Highlander Braggin Bowl Sunbright W 17-0

1988 Boyce Smith Bowl East Robertson W 7-0

1992 Walkinghorse Bowl (Lewisburg) FRA L 21-13

OK, now back to scheduling....................

JB only has 9 games at this point. They are open in week 0 and week 3.

Cannon Co was on for week 3 but backed out.

Jo Byrns will be playing Todd Co (KY) but not sure as to which week.

Randy Thomas (former Springfield coach) has been the coach there for the past 5 years or so.

Personally I like the Todd Co matchup. I think it has the potential for a great rivalry.

Similar size, similar communities, and not to far away just one is in TN and the other in KY.

Oh and they have great school colors also. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OK, now back to scheduling....................

JB only has 9 games at this point. They are open in week 0 and week 3.

Cannon Co was on for week 3 but backed out.

Jo Byrns will be playing Todd Co (KY) but not sure as to which week.

Randy Thomas (former Springfield coach) has been the coach there for the past 5 years or so.

Personally I like the Todd Co matchup. I think it has the potential for a great rivalry.

Similar size, similar communities, and not to far away just one is in TN and the other in KY.

Oh and they have great school colors also. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The only thing I don't like about it is if JB needs something to break a tie to get into and/or get better seeding in the post season. Same could be said for Todd Co.. But hey, if JB takes care of business like they should, they won't have to worry about it. I guess it's time to brush up on some Todd Co. info. Do you know who has the home game in '09?

The only thing I don't like about it is if JB needs something to break a tie to get into and/or get better seeding in the post season. Same could be said for Todd Co.. But hey, if JB takes care of business like they should, they won't have to worry about it. I guess it's time to brush up on some Todd Co. info. Do you know who has the home game in '09?

Good point.

Here's what I got on the schedule............

Week 0 open

Week 1 @ Cascade

Week 3 open

The other games are in no particular order or destination unless designated

Houston Co

McEwen

Clarksville Academy

Nashville Christian

@ Todd Central

White House Heritage

Harpeth

And our favorite rival East Robertson

Throw out logic on where the games are played due to a contract year.

Good point.

Here's what I got on the schedule............

Week 0 open

Week 1 @ Cascade

Week 3 open

The other games are in no particular order or destination unless designated

Houston Co

McEwen

Clarksville Academy

Nashville Christian

@ Todd Central

White House Heritage

Harpeth

And our favorite rival East Robertson

Throw out logic on where the games are played due to a contract year.

The last opponent needs to be a tough one...this schedule could end up pretty weak. As of now I think...Cascade=good, HC=weak, McEwen=fair, CA=ok, NC=weak/fair, TC=weak/fair, WHH=fair/good, Harpeth=fair/good, ER=fair.

Can someone confirm these scores? 94 to present I pulled off a website database but if they are wrong we can get them corrected.

The '05 score was 28-29 JB, and the '06 score was 36-0.

Yeah, I wish we could play Cascade later in the year...even though it doesn't have the same meaning, it would be a great mid/late season measuring stick. ER will be playing to not get shut out for an entire decade vs. JB. I think Harpeth will be a little tougher than you think, but that's only a gut feeling. Todd Co. though..?..still can't figure that one out. I think at this point, JB will have to get in where they fit in, good team or bad, 'cause everyone else prob'ly has their schedule filled out.

Yeah, I wish we could play Cascade later in the year...even though it doesn't have the same meaning, it would be a great mid/late season measuring stick. ER will be playing to not get shut out for an entire decade vs. JB. I think Harpeth will be a little tougher than you think, but that's only a gut feeling. Todd Co. though..?..still can't figure that one out. I think at this point, JB will have to get in where they fit in, good team or bad, 'cause everyone else prob'ly has their schedule filled out.

You're absolutely right. Now their choices are limited. (you can see available games on the TSSAA website) The fact is not all coaches want to play a tough schedule and Jo Byrns has had an awesome run over the last several years. I can see the logic in weaker 2 and 3 A teams not wanting to play a JB, TC, or SP, They don't gain anything and the weaker 1A teams don't want to take a beating either. But everything eventually cycles.

My head is spinning a little bit, so let me make sure I understand a question here:

Are the JB/ER scores from 1995 and 1996 the ones being questioned? If so, to clarify what currently is posted on my website:

I have a 7-6 ERHS win in 1995 and a 12-6 ERHS win in 1996. These scores were provided by a former radio broadcaster for one of the schools in the area from a notebook he had.

If these (or any other) scores are incorrect, please let me know.

For what it's worth, score consistency is my number one issue in running the website, particularly as time passes and seasons are more distant. Poor mainstream newspaper journalism, sloppy high school yearbook editors, fans with foggy memories of the scoreboard they saw hours earlier - they are all culprits in score discrepancies. My goal is to get it right, though - with the fans' help, of course.

At some point, I'd love to have full score histories for every school in the state. Daunting task, but doable with the fans help. Here's a list of current schools for which I have full histories, and there are about 10 more already on the site that are not on this page yet (e.g., Carter, Oak Ridge, Brentwood Academy, MUS, etc.). I have also received full score histories for two additional schools (one closed in 2000 after 33 years of football) just in the past week.

I ask people to dust off old yearbooks, etc. and contribute what they can find. Christmas is a great time; I myself am usually looking for an in-law to avoid for a few hours. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

My head is spinning a little bit, so let me make sure I understand a question here:

Are the JB/ER scores from 1995 and 1996 the ones being questioned? If so, to clarify what currently is posted on my website:

I have a 7-6 ERHS win in 1995 and a 12-6 ERHS win in 1996. These scores were provided by a former radio broadcaster for one of the schools in the area from a notebook he had.

If these (or any other) scores are incorrect, please let me know.

For what it's worth, score consistency is my number one issue in running the website, particularly as time passes and seasons are more distant. Poor mainstream newspaper journalism, sloppy high school yearbook editors, fans with foggy memories of the scoreboard they saw hours earlier - they are all culprits in score discrepancies. My goal is to get it right, though - with the fans' help, of course.

At some point, I'd love to have full score histories for every school in the state. Daunting task, but doable with the fans help. Here's a list of current schools for which I have full histories, and there are about 10 more already on the site that are not on this page yet (e.g., Carter, Oak Ridge, Brentwood Academy, MUS, etc.). I have also received full score histories for two additional schools (one closed in 2000 after 33 years of football) just in the past week.

I ask people to dust off old yearbooks, etc. and contribute what they can find. Christmas is a great time; I myself am usually looking for an in-law to avoid for a few hours. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Red I don't think '95 or '96 were questioned. From what I remember those scores are correct ('95 for sure). The ones in question were '05 & '06. In '05 JB won 29-28 and in '06 they won 36-0.