Bradley Invitational teams

Da Bears

BCB,

I wouldn't and shouldn't deign to offer my OK on such a personal decision, but I bet babybearmom is a fine choice if she will have you. All this talk on the other thread about the camera nonsense put me in a reflective mood about that 11-page monstrosity of a post that developed around your Cleveland/Bradley fiasco a couple years ago, and I think I recall her (and Kevin Randolph) being particularly classy in finally dousing the digital brushfire that had flared up. She's probably a better host than you deserve (the hog I don't know about).

Me, though... well, were I to need to do the unthinkable and breach the invisible, inviolable Bradley/Baylor barrier and reach out to a member of the Bear wrestling clan, I confess that my first choice would be TNLadyinCali. I haven't spoken of this before, and please keep it between us, but like it was yesterday I remember her sudden appearance in a late-season thread last year like some sort of rhetorical ninja, wielding the written word like Balisar'da or Kusanagi. You ever seen one of those movies where a swordsman takes a slice out of someone with such deftness that they don't realize they've been cut until they look down and see their arm lying on the ground? Such were her skills, though subtlety didn't seem to be one of her priorities. BRB was blushing like a schoolboy in admiration of her abilities. And she even had Harry's respect if I remember right, a stamp of approval matched only by yours.

But instead of stepping out of the shadows and tipping my cap to her wordsmithing, BCB, I kept my feelings to myself because, well, what was the point? We know how that movie ends. Baylor-Bradley, Hatfield-McCoy, Montague-Capulet, Vampire-Lycan--it could never have worked and probably would have resulted in a plague or some sort of rip in the space-time continuum or something.

I guess you never know about the future, though, and whether I have the strength to forget her rhetorical charms. I'm a man with certain... passions, and she's a woman who is clearly capable of satisfying them.

God knows I pay for them often enough. Just check my Books-a-Million bill.

Green and Red forever, especially this time of year,

BRB

You go boy.

You know you could have just said " I sure do like the way you type"

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go ahead tnladyincal give the boy a shout.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the teams who have committed to attend this year's Bradley Invitational on December 19-20, 2008.

1 Alcoa

2 Blackmon

3 Bradley Central

4 Chatanooga Central

5 Chattanooga Christian

6 Clarksville

7 Dalton (GA)

8 Daniel Boone

9 Farragut

10 Franklin

11 Greenback

12 Halls

13 Hixson

14 Hoover (AL)

15 Huntsville (AL)

16 Karns

17 Kingston

18 Maryville

19 Norte Dame

20 Ooltewah

21 SE Whitfield (GA)

22 Sevier County

23 Southside

24 Union County

25 William Blount

Is this Union County team from the state of Ky.?

You go boy.

You know you could have just said " I sure do like the way you type"

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go ahead tnladyincal give the boy a shout.

BCB,

Tell my son Tee I wish him the best, and go take that title! Hope you and yours are doing great!

Has Tee wrestled Torres from Dalton yet?

Anyway, call me sometime to let me know how you are all doing!

Sweepit!

No on the brackets or seedings. I will try to get a seeding list this afternoon.

I understand a few teams dropped out due to ice storms last week which pushed their finals through today.

I will try to get an unpdated list of who dropped out also.

Da Bears to your knowledge what teams dropped out of this Tuff tournement ???

Teams that did not make the Bradley Invitational:

Alcoa

Clarksville

Chattanooga Christian

Southside

Franklin

Chattanooga Central

Bradley's Tucker Bolton (189) defeated Blackmon's Michael Kennedy (seeded #1 in the tournament).

Bradley's Cody Epperson lost his his first match of the year.

Teams that did not make the Bradley Invitational:

Alcoa

Clarksville

Chattanooga Christian

Southside

Franklin

Chattanooga Central

Bradley's Tucker Bolton (189) defeated Blackmon's Michael Kennedy (seeded #1 in the tournament).

Bradley's Cody Epperson lost his his first match of the year.

Bolton did an AWESOME job!!!

Epperson lost to "Big" Grahm Smith from Blackman who was unseeded in the tournament.