2009 District 11- OMG

71Pops

I was just looking at the new district and noted the following:

Since 2002, all teams except Centennial have appeared in at least 1 Championship game;

That's 10 appearances with 4 Gold balls and 6 Silver balls;

Brentwood- 1 Gold

Franklin- 2 Silver

Ravenwood- 1 Gold, 1 Silver

Independence- 1 Silver

Hillsboro- 2 Gold, 2 Silver

Cenntenial- None, but still a tough team

This District will be brutal with only 2 guaranteed 6A and 1- 5A berths

Let's hear some opinions.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a district. Probably the toughest district in the state. Really stinks that only 3 of these schools are guaranteed in, when I'm guessing all of them will be playoff-caliber teams.

Just when you think the competition couldn't be more competitive, the TSSAA raised the stakes between these teams where every win is very important just to get in the playoffs as a wildcard, not to mention finishing 1st or 2nd. It's goodbye to playing DII teams which is sad but it is what the TSSAA wanted.

Just when you think the competition couldn't be more competitive, the TSSAA raised the stakes between these teams where every win is very important just to get in the playoffs as a wildcard, not to mention finishing 1st or 2nd. It's goodbye to playing DII teams which is sad but it is what the TSSAA wanted.

Brutal is all I can say.

Indy for example has MBA and oakland on the schedule to boot.

Early predictions anyone

Lets start with who returns the most guys for each program! Good place to start with it being way too early to tell who might finish where. Which program will take the biggest hit due to graduation? Who will be the standout players to watch in 2009?

I follow the eagles of IHS, so I can speak more about them than the others. Indy will return a bunch of guys, including one of the best Qb's in the region, if not the best.

I know that Franklin will lose quite a few guys on both sides, more so on offense from what I saw looking at their roster during the playoffs. They do have the best RB's in the region back though in Ford and Lee. I saw that Brentwood will lose some key players, but do return some players as well. It appears to me that Centennial will lose the most from their 2008 roster. Not real sure about Ravenwood, Raptor folks?

The newcomer, Hillsboro, is losing some pretty talented players as well from their 2008 roster. Don't know a lot about them either, other than they have several of those polished balls in their trophy case.

Hey Rappy, Any word on who Rector has scheduled? I know he has to schedule 5 nonregion games instead if 3 as in the past and in the past had trouble getting any public schools to play them. Wonder if he's contacted BGA, FRA, or Father Ryan...close schools for gate reasons and games that are winnable.

As far as returning players, I know the QB and RB are back but only 1 OL, Not sure about WRs or defense, do you know?

I was just looking at the new district and noted the following:

Since 2002, all teams except Centennial have appeared in at least 1 Championship game;

That's 10 appearances with 4 Gold balls and 6 Silver balls;

Brentwood- 1 Gold

Franklin- 2 Silver

Ravenwood- 1 Gold, 1 Silver

Independence- 1 Silver

Hillsboro- 2 Gold, 2 Silver

Cenntenial- None, but still a tough team

This District will be brutal with only 2 guaranteed 6A and 1- 5A berths

Let's hear some opinions.

A: HHS has 2 Gold Balls and 3 Silver Balls

B: HHS has scheduled at least Gallatin for non-district next year and could possibly try to schedule MBA again as well. However, with that kind of schedule, the 5A playoffs seem to look like child's play for HHS in comparison to the regular season.

C: I am already looking forward to it! The basketball district is already SO competitive. I'm glad that excitement will be translated to football as well.

Hey Rappy, Any word on who Rector has scheduled? I know he has to schedule 5 nonregion games instead if 3 as in the past and in the past had trouble getting any public schools to play them. Wonder if he's contacted BGA, FRA, or Father Ryan...close schools for gate reasons and games that are winnable.

As far as returning players, I know the QB and RB are back but only 1 OL, Not sure about WRs or defense, do you know?

Rector will have his work cutout to pare down the varsity below 100 players or he will have to go with players wearing the same number. The line play should be solid with rising seniors waiting in the wings to get playing time. Shuman has an solid group of lineman coming up on both sides of the ball. The sibling brothers of previous lineman are coming through the system. Ten underclassman skill players were out with season ending injuries. They should be back and ready. Fitz is totally amazing receiver with some of clutch sideline catches. Expect QB Williams to have tremendous passing year with Fitz and Bayless. Defensive line and linebacker corp has plenty of depth and experience coming back. The only question will be the secondary. Since several of the skill players went out with season ending injuries, they didn't get as much playing time. The secondary was a rag tag group depleted corp at the end of the season due to injuries. It was odd year to see 12 players go out season ending injuries but 10 are coming back next year. Hopefully the injury bug will leave 2009 season alone.

BA and MBA were dropped from the schedule until the TSSAA fixes its playoff qualification. Sorry dudes, it was fun while it lasted. Complaint department is at the TSSAA headquarter if there is not enough in state games scheduled...enjoy the ride.

Week 1 @ Goodpasture

Week 2 Hillsboro

Week 3 @ Page

Week 4 @ Brentwood

Week 5 Antioch

Week 6 Franklin

Week 7 @ FRA

Week 8 Centennial

Week 9 Smyrna

Week 10 @ Independence

Rector will have his work cutout to pare down the varsity below 100 players or he will have to go with players wearing the same number. The line play should be solid with rising seniors waiting in the wings to get playing time. Shuman has an solid group of lineman coming up on both sides of the ball. The sibling brothers of previous lineman are coming through the system. Ten underclassman skill players were out with season ending injuries. They should be back and ready. Fitz is totally amazing receiver with some of clutch sideline catches. Expect QB Williams to have tremendous passing year with Fitz and Bayless. Defensive line and linebacker corp has plenty of depth and experience coming back. The only question will be the secondary. Since several of the skill players went out with season ending injuries, they didn't get as much playing time. The secondary was a rag tag group depleted corp at the end of the season due to injuries. It was odd year to see 12 players go out season ending injuries but 10 are coming back next year. Hopefully the injury bug will leave 2009 season alone.

BA and MBA were dropped from the schedule until the TSSAA fixes its playoff qualification. Sorry dudes, it was fun while it lasted. Complaint department is at the TSSAA headquarter if there is not enough in state games scheduled...enjoy the ride.

Week 1 @ Goodpasture

Week 2 Hillsboro

Week 3 @ Page

Week 4 @ Brentwood

Week 5 Antioch

Week 6 Franklin

Week 7 @ FRA

Week 8 Centennial

Week 9 Smyrna

Week 10 @ Independence

Good Grief! There isn't one guaranteed win on that schedule. I have a proposal: The first football team from District 11-AAA to go undefeated and win the State Championship should receive two gold balls. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good Grief! There isn't one guaranteed win on that schedule. I have a proposal: The first football team from District 11-AAA to go undefeated and win the State Championship should receive two gold balls. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Anticoh should be a guaranteed win for Ravenwood.

Anticoh should be a guaranteed win for Ravenwood.

It is true that Antioch is the closest thing to a guaranteed win.

I mean, truthfully Page, FRA, and Goodpasture should all be wins for Ravenwood next year as well, but more of what I was getting at was that I wouldn't be comfortable labeling any of those as potential blowouts.