John Jenkins scores 57

Southeast21

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is insane!!!!!!!!! Nobody and I mean Nobody on here knows if Jenkins will make it to the NBA. They say the exact same thing about all the McDonald AllAmericans and alot of them never make it. It's one thing to be a High major college talent and to show out in college at a high level.......it's quite another to make it to the NBA. Most of the All Conference players from the Power Conferences never see a minute in the NBA and normally there is only a handfull of players drafted that have a real impact in the NBA. The key question is can he guard at an NBA level? I hope he makes it but he is not a going to the NBA after two seasons.....you can mark that down...it aint gonna happen....and there is no guarantee he makes it anyway.........look at CDR, a late 2nd rounder....Jenkins will never be the player CDR is. I bet some will get on here and trash CDR and say Jenkins will be better though. Just let the kid play and see what happens. Good Luck to Jenkins!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"surely you aren't saying he is gonna jump to the NBA...are you???"

Why not?

Cause I think it is a bit premature.....that is why. If he makes it....good deal. Heck he has a chance of getting a top notch education at Vandy.....WHY NOT stay all 4 yrs. and get a good education and THEN go NBA....if he is making that much noise the NBA will wait. Last time I checked the NBA wasn't going anywhere. Only one right off the top of my head I can see going would be the Buckner kid from Manassas....big man with a good defensive game....his defensive game makes his stock rise.

I undestood exactly what you said. I stand by what I said to. Jenkins don't get 30/35 a night in Memphis, 25 is more like it. Like i said I don't think Station Camp has played a team with a winning record yet....could be wrong though. Doesn't really matter what you or I think becuase noone will ever know.....But, anybody with a brain would know the Station Camp schedule is nothing like the meat grinder of playing in Memphis, plus you have to guard at a much higher level in Memphis. Personally I could care less...Jenkins is a great player and deserving of everything people say. But to comapre the competition on Station Camps schedule to Memphis is a joke....the kids in memphis are athletes that can play defense. There are teams that play .500 basketball in Memphis that would be district champs in other parts of the state. I know all about those camps to....17 a half would translate into 34 a game and that would mean playing every second of every game which doesn't happen, plus these kids aren't used to playing defense togethere as a team either. It's not like those kids have been playing as a defensive unit for two or three full seasons togethere. Can you imagine having to Guard Mardracus Wade hard for a full game and have a stud athlete guarding you on the other end a whole game.....I'm pretty sure it's alot different thatn going up against Dekalb Co or East Robertson...LOL

Jenkins is on his way to 1000 points (this season) and a spectacular season and the on to the SEC where he belongs. But to think he will go out and drop 30 to 40 points a night regardless of the competition is misguided in my opinion.

You can be right though.....I really don't care!!!!!!! Like I said you or I will never know. By your Logic he should step right into college and drop 30 a night.....LOL afterall, that is the best of the best...right...like you said. This conversation is foolish anyway. Jenkins will be a solid SEC player taht may turn inot all conference by his Junio/Senior season.

Ok its obvious u didnt know what I was saying. All u did was compare station camp and memphis. and then said I was comparing the two(which I obviously didnt, i compared memphis and the nation). Once again u need to comprhened what im saying. By my logic he would score 17 points a game, playing half a game, versus the best high school players in the nation(which is wat he did) If he can do that versus the best then he can surely score 30 in memphis(he is a better scorer then terrico white who averaged 27). Quote me where I said he would score 30 in college?

This is insane!!!!!!!!! Nobody and I mean Nobody on here knows if Jenkins will make it to the NBA. They say the exact same thing about all the McDonald AllAmericans and alot of them never make it. It's one thing to be a High major college talent and to show out in college at a high level.......it's quite another to make it to the NBA. Most of the All Conference players from the Power Conferences never see a minute in the NBA and normally there is only a handfull of players drafted that have a real impact in the NBA. The key question is can he guard at an NBA level? I hope he makes it but he is not a going to the NBA after two seasons.....you can mark that down...it aint gonna happen....and there is no guarantee he makes it anyway.........look at CDR, a late 2nd rounder....Jenkins will never be the player CDR is. I bet some will get on here and trash CDR and say Jenkins will be better though. Just let the kid play and see what happens. Good Luck to Jenkins!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Huh??? SO biased.

Ok ur right scoring near 20 points against the best players in the nation in way compares to scoring 20 in memphis.

Score 20 in memphis=amazing player

Score 20 against best in nation= decent player.

That is if we go by ur logic.

I dont think u understood what I said. He scored 17 points per game versus the BEST OF THE BEST(not jus the city of memphis) in the nation while only playing in half a game(they make u play half in camps so everybody gets equal exposure). Aight memphis is good, but it isnt a collectiob of all the best players in the nation. So I would give Jenkins 30-35 points per game.

First, let me say that Jenkins is a very good player, no question. Just wanted to clarify that at the NBA camp, players do only play half the game; however, his team had a couple injuries and defections so they only had 7 which gave guys on his team significantly more minutes and contributed to his scoring production. He may have led the camp anyway, I dont know but its notable. At the high school level there is no way he wont score 35+, especially with the team he is on, the competition level and the fact that he is a very good upper echelon player nationally and clearly better than anyone he is going to play in that area.

"John Jenkins, SG ??“ His group resembles a M.A.S.H. unit more than a camp team. Beseeched with injuries, he and 6 others are getting heavy minutes in 48-minute camp games. He had 26 and 9. He??™s leading this deal in scoring at 17.83 per game. He doesn??™t need much room to get that jumper off and his confidence is growing" -Dave Telep, Scout.com