denlron

They beat Howard 59-19, good win but Howard has really fallen off from last year's team. Seq led 16-2 three minutes into the game, 27-4 after a quarter, 44-12 at halftime. The second half flew by as the clock ran nonstop in both quarters. Sequatchie's Barker scored 25 with six assists, Lockhart scored 14 with 7 steals and 5 assists. Howard had 40 turnovers, that's a ton especially considering the second half was so short. The JV played right before as there was no JV boys' game and won 55-21, it was 38-7 halfway through it.

Sounds like the coach should have played some of the end of the bench instead of trying to see how bad they could beat a team that was obviously outmanned. I guess it makes some coaches feel like winners when they have their starters in in the 4th quarter pressing against a bunch of freshmen to prove they are superior. Not referring to the Howard game just a general statement. Nothing is accomplished for the game of basketball trying to humiliate young inexperienced players with superior experience and or talent. Other than a coaches ego I assume. Last I checked they don't have a BCS in high school basketball.

Announcements