livingston@cannon

BigPun

Mr. King-should I tell you how it is fine-no, because I do not condone any name-calling. However, you can stop your belief that the LA contingent is not above any mistakes too! Let me guess, you need examples. OK, 1) 2 years ago at LA, we have a player fly into your student seating under the basket and get punched in the back repeatedly! Rebuttle???? 2) without naming names-one of Coach Melton's players going to the FT line to shoot another players FT, then YOUR Coach laughing about it. When and if you read your rulebook, you could clearly see that action is an automatic T.

Now, enough about u guys. I wish the ball was not thrown on the playing floor, that was unacceptable, and I have had that same conversation with the person who threw it. Again, I do not agree with any kids name-calling also. So we are in agreement.

We should also be in agreement that LA is a superior team that can do alot of great things in the post season. As well as the fact that the Cannon kids played up to their level, just fell short. I'm waiting on you to give the Cannon kids credit-don't let our fans allow you to remember that LA was on the ropes in a game they got out-coached in.

Ok cchssupporter...you probably should've said good game with poor officiating and went on your merry way. LA was the better team period. Cannon is young, athletic and scrappy. They played well (probably the best all year) but lost to the better team. Cannon does not have a target on the their back which allows them to play pretty much pressure free. Now I am not making excuses because this game was over after the first quarter. Yes, Cannon got within 9 a time or two in the 2nd half but that was as close as it got without a real threat. You all got your hopes up and I appreciate your fans support for your team. Makes for great district play. Everybody gets up for LA.

Now,#1. I don't remember two years ago..if it happened well I hate it, shouldn't have happened. Sounds like you are looking for payback..That makes one the better.. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

#2. It is not Coach Meltons responsibility to put who ever on the foul line...If you would have looked around the place, there were many laughing about it including me, now T me up. The only action demanding a T was your coach jumping up and down on the floor out of the box screaming like a wild banchee indian and he got it. It is the referee's responsibility to know who was supposed to be on the free throw line.

#3. The ball thrown onto the court warranted another T. Lucky Cannon didn't get it.

#4. The name calling wasn't right, but that is part of the game at the home gym especially the student section.

#5. Again, well depending on which side you sat on, LA was not on the ropes and not out coached. Again, our coach wasn't jumping, whining, screaming, ripping off his tie (which he didn't wear but yours did) and IMO drew negative attention to himself, hence the T. But despite that I did think he did a good job with his team. They could have laid down but didn't. You just seem full of sour grapes. Also be glad they called so many walks against us. Look at the scores we lost!

This banter has been good until this afternoon...now I am definately looking forward to the rematch. LA will roll by a bigger margin next time! Good luck on your season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA was on the ropes in a game they got out-coached in.

Ok. I didn't think you were a goon until you mentioned that. Out coached? I needed a good laugh. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok cchssupporter...you probably should've said good game with poor officiating and went on your merry way. LA was the better team period. Cannon is young, athletic and scrappy. They played well (probably the best all year) but lost to the better team. Cannon does not have a target on the their back which allows them to play pretty much pressure free. Now I am not making excuses because this game was over after the first quarter. Yes, Cannon got within 9 a time or two in the 2nd half but that was as close as it got without a real threat. You all got your hopes up and I appreciate your fans support for your team. Makes for great district play. Everybody gets up for LA.

Now,#1. I don't remember two years ago..if it happened well I hate it, shouldn't have happened. Sounds like you are looking for payback..That makes one the better.. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

#2. It is not Coach Meltons responsibility to put who ever on the foul line...If you would have looked around the place, there were many laughing about it including me, now T me up. The only action demanding a T was your coach jumping up and down on the floor out of the box screaming like a wild banchee indian and he got it. It is the referee's responsibility to know who was supposed to be on the free throw line.

#3. The ball thrown onto the court warranted another T. Lucky Cannon didn't get it.

#4. The name calling wasn't right, but that is part of the game at the home gym especially the student section.

#5. Again, well depending on which side you sat on, LA was not on the ropes and not out coached. Again, our coach wasn't jumping, whining, screaming, ripping off his tie (which he didn't wear but yours did) and IMO drew negative attention to himself, hence the T. But despite that I did think he did a good job with his team. They could have laid down but didn't. You just seem full of sour grapes. Also be glad they called so many walks against us. Look at the scores we lost!

This banter has been good until this afternoon...now I am definately looking forward to the rematch. LA will roll by a bigger margin next time! Good luck on your season.

I agree with alot of your post BigDaddy, not all but that's OK we can agree to disagree on some things. Good Luck to LA.

Well, I would have been the person under the basket that year, 100% sure, and I am the one who caught the kid. I remember it still. Never once did I hit him. That's ignorance. You want to see school spirit big poon, watch Duke, Tennessee, NC, etc. That's spirit. A few rednecks using sexual slurs is not school spirit. Out coached? HA! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yea boy u right us hillbillys are to stupid to know anything bout that there game called basketball.... and if im not mistaken this is highschool every other place i have been have been nothing like the lions no students yell im not saying that we are the loudest or nothing but we are the loudest i have seen

yea people are getting to hostile now our coach got very intense and into thee game which i love alot better than our last coach and we won the last 3 quarters not making any excueses but if we could have limited the 11 turnovers and the 15 0 run things might have been different but LA has a very good team but also a beatable team and good luck to them for the reat of the year and the rematch will be close well at least i hope so....

I think there has been props given to CC's team. Good shooters, quick, hard workers. Superiority doesn't win basketball games, at least not always. Cannon's coach seems to be doing a great job. Who outcoached who is in the eyes of the beholder. LA has lost 2 district games since Coach Melton has been there and this is his fourth year. Thats what, now 43-2 in 7AA for LA's coach. Was he outcoached in those two losses? Maybe. He may have been outcoached in some of the wins as well. How are we gonna know that? Thing is......he wins consistently. Three years and three regular season and district championships. Not to mention last years state tourney run. While he's been at LA, they've won between 75-80% of overall games. And have you seen the schedule they've played. I'd like to see another team in 7AA play LA's schedule. If they had the nerve.

Just saying I'm gonna be sure I can back up my statements.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Maybe he got outcoached, but he got the win. In your gym. Again. In a game everyone agrees had bad officiating.

LA could lose in this district. We all know that. They have twice in three years, right. Most teams are gonna have their 'A' game against LA. LA lost by two 65-67 yesterday at Ensworth, the day after the "superior" talented team got outcoached. And like at Cannon, don't think LA played up to par. Players have to play the game too. By the way, Ensworth is VERY good. LA's 8-1 now. Can't wait to see LA with the monkey off their backs.

Looking forward to Cannon coming back to LA. Lots of ball to be played before then.

Those are some impressive numbers. LA boy's basketball is definitely on a good run. They won't lose in the district, I don't believe although anything is possible. I believe the better team wins about 90% of the time. Scrub, you might want to consider changing your name to Coach Melton's Number One Fan. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yea people are getting to hostile now our coach got very intense and into thee game which i love alot better than our last coach and we won the last 3 quarters not making any excueses but if we could have limited the 11 turnovers and the 15 0 run things might have been different but LA has a very good team but also a beatable team and good luck to them for the reat of the year and the rematch will be close well at least i hope so....

LA is a beatable team, but not by Cannon Co. LA lost to Ensworth Sat, avery good Ensworth team. Talent at every position. I hope CC getting within 9 a couple of times don't give you a false since of hope!! The rematch at LA won't be the game you think it will. I predict LA by 25 with the freshmen finishing the game.

Credit LA's defense for part of the 11 turnovers and their offense for the 15 0 run and they played badly!!

CC may be young, but look what LA's JV did to them. 72 19 Sorry the future doesn't look good either.

LA is a beatable team, but not by Cannon Co. LA lost to Ensworth Sat, avery good Ensworth team. Talent at every position. I hope CC getting within 9 a couple of times don't give you a false since of hope!! The rematch at LA won't be the game you think it will. I predict LA by 25 with the freshmen finishing the game.

Credit LA's defense for part of the 11 turnovers and their offense for the 15 0 run and they played badly!!

CC may be young, but look what LA's JV did to them. 72 19 Sorry the future doesn't look good either.

our varsity should be the jv with all the sophmores that play on varsity that is just freshmen bascially.... the rematch will be close it dont matter what you say the team knows they can beat LA and will prove it next time they play all they got to do is limit turnovers and they will get the W

our varsity should be the jv with all the sophmores that play on varsity that is just freshmen bascially.... the rematch will be close it dont matter what you say the team knows they can beat LA and will prove it next time they play all they got to do is limit turnovers and they will get the W

Your did play hard but LA's loss Sat. did show them they can be beat, by a good team. I disagree with you CC won't get the W in at least the next 3 years. Keep working!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your giving me a good laugh every day. Keep them coming. This is better than stand-up comedy.

Your did play hard but LA's loss Sat. did show them they can be beat, by a good team. I disagree with you CC won't get the W in at least the next 3 years. Keep working!

that might be but they think they can win and with that they might and LA is the best in the district and probally will be for a while.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yea boy u right us hillbillys are to stupid to know anything bout that there game called basketball.... and if im not mistaken this is highschool every other place i have been have been nothing like the lions no students yell im not saying that we are the loudest or nothing but we are the loudest i have seen

HA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Get out once and a while to see some loud ones. "the rematch will be close it dont matter what you say the team knows they can beat LA and will prove it next time they play." obviously you are 100% sure. you are showing just how biased, yet how much you dont know about 7AA basketball.