pickett co. basketball

senator

where is all the faithful from Pickett Co. for months you ranted and raved on differant post about the greatness of your teams and all of a sudden nothing. Talked early about being so young and according to rooster loaded with juniors and seniors starting. That monterey bunch showed a lot of people they may not be in the cellar any longer. Things are not the best in the world at our place either but we still talk to people. Cheer up Bibb and Smith will surely get them ready by seasons end.

oh we're here, we're just a little shell shocked right now after what happend up on the mountain Tuesday night. We can assure you that will NOT happen when they come up to the den... The girls are a little flat right now, some would say they came in over-confident after winning in overtime against RBS and taking AYI to a last second shot, trust me do NOT be surprised if you see at the end of the season once all the girls are healthy and ready to go, them tied with Either Jackson or Clarkrange for 1st or 2nd, they are a LOT better than everyone thinks they are. Once Garner is back that will add another good post player that will relieve the pressure off of Owen and Garrett.

On the Boys side... i was a part of PCHS basketball for 6 years (2 as a grad assistant) and that has to be the second worst showing i've ever seen (those curious look up the score from 1998-99 season against Upperman on the boys side to see the worst...), it's like i was watching a middle school team play against a pro team and it's painful to say this. They could have won the game with a LOT of luck (shots falling that is, it seemed every time they shot the ball would rim out...) Bibb, Walker & Wright i will guarentee you will make sure those boys do not lose when Monterey comes up here.

The road doesnt get much easier for the teams from here on.

@ Jackson (if it wasnt snowed out)

vs Clarkrange

vs Celina

vs Van Buren Co

3-4 Games at Russellville's 1st Southern National Bank Tourny (which girls came in 2nd last year, boys... i think went 2-2)

then

vs FCS

vs LA

not a soft schedual, this schedual helps both teams get tough for the post season, for those that think we're down this year just wait till the last week of Februrary before passing that judgement and you'll see what PC is REALLY made of... *rambling over*

N.J.

where is all the faithful from Pickett Co. for months you ranted and raved on differant post about the greatness of your teams and all of a sudden nothing. Talked early about being so young and according to rooster loaded with juniors and seniors starting. That monterey bunch showed a lot of people they may not be in the cellar any longer. Things are not the best in the world at our place either but we still talk to people. Cheer up Bibb and Smith will surely get them ready by seasons end.

I'm here, I just don't get on here starting topics. I mean do I have any reason to? Right now our boys team is young and inexperienced. I ranted and raved last season about how good our boys team was, but all along I said this season would be long, with us getting somewhat better by the time season's end is here. As far as the girl's go, they are underachieving, badly, Jackson co is a tough place to play, the refs didn't help by calling touch fouls on both teams. PC had like 35 fouls called on them alone in the first half. Case has a major distaste for PC basketball. But lets not forget that PC girls are playing without their 2nd best player, Tarah Garner right now, she'll be out til after the first of the year, and it is really showing. Kayla Gibson is good, and she had like 40 points tonight, but she needs some help, and when they get Tarah back this team will be much improved. Monterey played good basketball the other night, i'll give them that, PC couldn't make a shot and most of that was because of monterey's defense. So if someone posts a topic about PC boys or PC girls, then I usually talk on it, but noone from whoever we play, or anyone from byrdstown starts one, so I don't feel the need to start them myself. Their ya go, glad I'm famous enough to be in the title of a thread.

I'm here, I just don't get on here starting topics. I mean do I have any reason to? Right now our boys team is young and inexperienced. I ranted and raved last season about how good our boys team was, but all along I said this season would be long, with us getting somewhat better by the time season's end is here. As far as the girl's go, they are underachieving, badly, Jackson co is a tough place to play, the refs didn't help by calling touch fouls on both teams. PC had like 35 fouls called on them alone in the first half. Case has a major distaste for PC basketball. But lets not forget that PC girls are playing without their 2nd best player, Tarah Garner right now, she'll be out til after the first of the year, and it is really showing. Kayla Gibson is good, and she had like 40 points tonight, but she needs some help, and when they get Tarah back this team will be much improved. Monterey played good basketball the other night, i'll give them that, PC couldn't make a shot and most of that was because of monterey's defense. So if someone posts a topic about PC boys or PC girls, then I usually talk on it, but noone from whoever we play, or anyone from byrdstown starts one, so I don't feel the need to start them myself. Their ya go, glad I'm famous enough to be in the title of a thread.

I heard on the radio that there were 72 fouls called in this game. I believe it. I was there. Free throws was money for PCHS in the first half, JCHS in the second.

#3 Gibson played (the last 3 mins. with 4 fouls) a super game. She had 35 points. That's half of PCHS points. So yes, I agree, she needs some help.

I've talked with people that were at other games tonight . Those games were also called tight. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I heard on the radio that there were 72 fouls called in this game. I believe it. I was there. Free throws was money for PCHS in the first half, JCHS in the second.

#3 Gibson played (the last 3 mins. with 4 fouls) a super game. She had 35 points. That's half of PCHS points. So yes, I agree, she needs some help.

I've talked with people that were at other games tonight . Those games were also called tight. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That game was just ridiculously called. PC had 35 of those 72 total fouls(both teams) in the first half. Sometimes I think the refs know its gonna be a big game and they ref it tight. I wish they would let them play but call fouls when needed. Their were way too many touch fouls on both teams the other night. But I've came to expect poorly called games from Kevin Case. The other two refs are young and have no part reffing big games such as that. I mean was poorly called on both teams. PC had four starters foul out, and I know atleast two girls maybe three fouled out for JC, that is just ridiculous. That game had the most fouls I had ever seen, and I was there for that PC/ Clinton Co, Ky boys game last year when Clinton Co. had all but four players foul out. Let the girls play. Everyone comes out to see a good girls game, and it always seems like the refs want to mess it up my having to show off how much they can blow there whistle. Now would the outcome have been any different without the refs being so whistle happy? Probably not, but I like PC's chances better with their other four starters in the game. Because after the first five and Tarah being out, the first three off the bench are freshmen. Gibson is a beast, and she's only a junior, so when Garner gets back to help her this team could definately make a run. Garner is alot like Gibson with a little more inside game to go along with Garrett. Garrett can be dominant as well, her problem is she tends to get in foul trouble. I'd say with a better officiated game and Garner back, PC will make the next one at PC a more interesting game.