All Star Game Playcalling/Coaching

tnhsfbfan

This is the 2nd year I have watched the East West All-Star Game and was bored out of my mind.

I know it is hard to put a team together in a few days and the rules may limit you, but please- but the last 2 years have been really bad.

I will start with the West, even though they won. Who was calling those plays? Do you have to be an all-star coach to be in that game? The pass offense was worse that a jr varsity game.

The east was a little better for yards, but goodness, terrible production when it counted.

Either the rules need to be changed to help- but that game is going no where. I happened to see the Alabama/ Mississippi game on CSS the last few years- they know how to put together offenses.

If that game doesn't get better- I see it as a big loser.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real key to this game should have been to put Nick Yazzie in on offense and just launch it to him every play.

Congrats on 1000 post.

Yazzie was a beast in the secondary...his stock should rise as the result. It's a tough situation for any QB playing in the all-star game and being switched in and out with other QB's. It takes more than a few days of training to get hooked up on precise passing routes unless the receiver comes from the same team as the QB.

I agree, it's way tougher on the offense than the D in All Star games. I certainly would have liked to see Yazzie get at least a few reps at WR though. He's a better WR than DB is what most people don't seem to realize. Oh well, I was just happy to see him do well.

It was a shame that I didn't seem to recognize many other players in the game though. Does anyone know the names of some of the players from 6 5A that I might have missed?

4th and a few inches with seconds remaining..... West defense is bringing the house.... what do you do?.....call a deep handoff off tackle or a QB sneak? A great offensive mind with a strong QB will run a sneak every time but we all know what happen.

You aren't allowed to run QB sneak in all-star game. That was a rule....

• 1 month later...

YOU WANT TO TALK BOUT PLAY CALLING THE ONLY TIME EAST EVER DONE ANYTHING, IS WHEN THEY RAN OFF OF ANDERSON COUNTY FB CHAD COLEMAN BUTT,THEN AFTER HE BLOCKS HIS REAR OFF ALL DAY, AND TWICE YOU HAVE IT AT 4TH AND INCHS ON THE 1FT LINE, AND YOU BRING HIM OUT, AND PUT TWO SLOW LINEMAN IN, AND GET STOOD UP AT THE LINE, YOU HAND IT OFF TWICE TO HIM IN THOSE SITUATIONS, GET THE WIN, GIVE HIM THE MVP OF THE GAME FOR THE EAST, AND GO ON, BUT EAST HEAD COACH WAS FROM MIDDLE TN IF THAT TELLS YOU ANYTHING

Well, didn't he win the State Championship? He must know something or does it only count if you win and you're from East Tennessee?

This is the 2nd year I have watched the East West All-Star Game and was bored out of my mind.

I know it is hard to put a team together in a few days and the rules may limit you, but please- but the last 2 years have been really bad.

I will start with the West, even though they won. Who was calling those plays? Do you have to be an all-star coach to be in that game? The pass offense was worse that a jr varsity game.

The east was a little better for yards, but goodness, terrible production when it counted.

Either the rules need to be changed to help- but that game is going no where. I happened to see the Alabama/ Mississippi game on CSS the last few years- they know how to put together offenses.

If that game doesn't get better- I see it as a big loser.

It is tough to throw the football if none of the quarterbacks can pass it more than 20 yards accurately and the kids travel tuesday night and the first practice was wednesday. I'm sure everyone knows more football than the coaches involved--fans and bloggers always do--but three days isn't much time to learn a system.

YOU WANT TO TALK BOUT PLAY CALLING THE ONLY TIME EAST EVER DONE ANYTHING, IS WHEN THEY RAN OFF OF ANDERSON COUNTY FB CHAD COLEMAN BUTT,THEN AFTER HE BLOCKS HIS REAR OFF ALL DAY, AND TWICE YOU HAVE IT AT 4TH AND INCHS ON THE 1FT LINE, AND YOU BRING HIM OUT, AND PUT TWO SLOW LINEMAN IN, AND GET STOOD UP AT THE LINE, YOU HAND IT OFF TWICE TO HIM IN THOSE SITUATIONS, GET THE WIN, GIVE HIM THE MVP OF THE GAME FOR THE EAST, AND GO ON, BUT EAST HEAD COACH WAS FROM MIDDLE TN IF THAT TELLS YOU ANYTHING

Is chad playing for anyone next year?