Henry County in 2009

the prophet

Although the Patriots are losing some very fine seniors, the outlook is bright for the Patriots in 2009.

Returning starters on offense include on the offenisve line, Dustin Kendall, Jesse Brewer, Will Jelks, (Andrew Jelks started two games in playoffs) Backs and receivers Lennies McFerren, Trey Tharpe, Skylare Haley, Deonte Nored. Other offensive players that saw significant time and the Patriots will need to have step up are Charles Barnes and Andrew Thompson in the backfield, Shonte Simms, Najee Ray, Jay McAdams, Evian Cook, Kye Meadows at receiver. On the oline Randall Dunlap, Cody Archie, Tyler Gordon,

Defensively returners include, Michael Miliken and Austin Bomar up front with Brandon French and Martez Teague at LB, Shonte SImms, Skylar Haley, Neal Capps in the secondary.

& returners on each side of the ball.

Although we lost 20 + seniors, I think that there were 34 + Juniors and several had significant playing time. The future looks bright and August will be here soon. Prepare to win now Patriots.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the Patriots are losing some very fine seniors, the outlook is bright for the Patriots in 2009.

Returning starters on offense include on the offenisve line, Dustin Kendall, Jesse Brewer, Will Jelks, (Andrew Jelks started two games in playoffs) Backs and receivers Lennies McFerren, Trey Tharpe, Skylare Haley, Deonte Nored. Other offensive players that saw significant time and the Patriots will need to have step up are Charles Barnes and Andrew Thompson in the backfield, Shonte Simms, Najee Ray, Jay McAdams, Evian Cook, Kye Meadows at receiver. On the oline Randall Dunlap, Cody Archie, Tyler Gordon,

Defensively returners include, Michael Miliken and Austin Bomar up front with Brandon French and Martez Teague at LB, Shonte SImms, Skylar Haley, Neal Capps in the secondary.

Although we lost 20 + seniors, I think that there were 34 + Juniors and several had significant playing time. The future looks bright and August will be here soon. Prepare to win now Patriots.

Who will play QB? I agree that the team will be a good one, and that the program is on solid footing. The QB selection will decide if this team is good, or another state contender.

Who will play QB? I agree that the team will be a good one, and that the program is on solid footing. The QB selection will decide if this team is good, or another state contender.

I would say that the coaching staff has several options at the position, Shonte Sims is a shoe in but his value to the defense would have to be considered, Jay McAdams took some snaps in mop up time this season, Najee Ray is a very fast young man with a very strong arm, Shonte and Jay are seniors and Najee is a sophmore.

Good post and I think Henry Co. will be stronger next year than many people think. I know we lost some great players but we have many kids waiting in line to play next season. Has anyone read the Oak Ridge posts about Coach Gaddis? They are saying he might be on his way back up there and to quote "he practically beat the door down wanting to come back in '05". I don't know if any of this is true and wondered if anyone from HC could give any insight. I do know the Oak Ridge posters are a little over the top and I don't know if they are just blowing smoke.

I would say that the coaching staff has several options at the position, Shonte Sims is a shoe in but his value to the defense would have to be considered, Jay McAdams took some snaps in mop up time this season, Najee Ray is a very fast young man with a very strong arm, Shonte and Jay are seniors and Najee is a sophmore.

Speaking from the perspective of a former coach, unless the two seniors are MUCH better than the sophomore, I would go with the sophomore at QB.

Good post and I think Henry Co. will be stronger next year than many people think. I know we lost some great players but we have many kids waiting in line to play next season. Has anyone read the Oak Ridge posts about Coach Gaddis? They are saying he might be on his way back up there and to quote "he practically beat the door down wanting to come back in '05". I don't know if any of this is true and wondered if anyone from HC could give any insight. I do know the Oak Ridge posters are a little over the top and I don't know if they are just blowing smoke.

As I said on another thread, I am a friend of Joe's, although I don't talk to him that much since he left Oak Ridge. The Oak Ridge administration called him four years ago, when their choice for the job turned them down. That is hardly what I would call "beating the door down to come back". They called him. He was not interviewed originally, and would not have been a candidiate at all, had they not called him.

As I said on another thread, I am a friend of Joe's, although I don't talk to him that much since he left Oak Ridge. The Oak Ridge administration called him four years ago, when their choice for the job turned them down. That is hardly what I would call "beating the door down to come back". They called him. He was not interviewed originally, and would not have been a candidiate at all, had they not called him.

Thanks for the info and I was curious how much truth was in those posts.

I have no idea whether coach Gaddis would have any interest in OR or not. Rally seems to be putting ALOT of emphasis on whether OR called Joe or Joe called OR 4 years ago. I may be missing it but to me this is not relavant. Who cares who called who first IMO. (BTW, I am and always was a big Gaddis supporter so this is no knock on him whatsoever!) Coach Gaddis left OR due to some controversy relating to off the field issues, not on the field performance. It would not surprise me if given the circumstances that JG would not have contacted OR first even if he was interested, given the circumstances. Regardless of who called whom, my sources have said that at that time he was very, very interested in the OR position and would have very much have liked to come back. Myself and many others would have liked to see that happen, but it didn't. While Rally know JG personally and I don't, I'm not sure he has a correct read on coach Gaddis's level of interest AT THAT TIME.

Now, flash forward 4 years. He may have absolutely no interest now. He is 4 yrs. closer to retirement eligibility, Henry Co has become a school to be reckoned with, his family has been there for many years now, etc. etc. In addition, the OR administration may have no interest in JG now. Apparently, this was the major sticking point 4 yrs ago in offering him the job. I don't know Joe and I'm not connected in any way with the program or administration so I have no idea. I can only say that myself and many others wanted him back then and would be excited about him possibly returning.

BTW, congrats to Henry Co on a great season. I keep up with and pull for your fine program and excellent coach.

(Rally, I don't intend this to be inflammatory, I just think you are missing the point in being wrapped up in who called who first. JMHO. The question is whether or not he was interested in coming and I haven't seen you argue that he wasn't interested.)

What about Finch who looked good in JV games? What about Gallimore in the secondary? Who will take Daquillias place as a kicker? Who will be the punter?

What about Finch who looked good in JV games? What about Gallimore in the secondary? Who will take Daquillias place as a kicker? Who will be the punter?

There are simply to many to mention all, I knew that I would leave someone out, yes Gallimore has seen lots of playing time the past two seasons, got a little banged up this season, Finch is a definite talent.

I started this thread for talk about Henry County next season, not Oak Ridge, There is a thread for that. Thanks