Henry County in 2009

the prophet

I agree that those teams needed to know how to win, but now that we are in regions or districts that we will dominate then we should play at least one tough game out of that district. You used Alcoa and Maryville as examples, well at least they played each other as the one out of region. Playing Humbolt and Liberty does one thing, get two victories! that is it!! I will be there and I will cheer until halftime and when the running clock starts I will go home.

I remember when we were in this district before and we always beat the Clarksville schools. As I have stated before, you can probably count on your hands the number of losses to Clarksville schools. The history of Henry County is playing those schools and I am glad to be in that district. Back when Counce was the coach we played those guys and dominated!! Oh and I believe he always played JCM out of district, so that is another example of playing one out of district tough game.

You said Ridgeway told us nothing, well then what did Trezevant tell us? Playing Humbolt is the one that I do not agree with. We are now one of the best programs in the West. There is NO REASON for us to be playing 2A teams that do not even make the playoffs.

We played Dickson County the last four years as an out of district team. They are traditionally a tough and quality team. If my memory serves me well they have beaten us every other year until this past season. The fact that they were terrible last season was not expected nor was it our fault. I dont look for us to be good enough to put a running clock on teams like we did last season so keep your seat in the second half to see if we win at all. I agree with the history versus Clarksville teams and I hope that it continues. As far as what Counce does you need to check the strength of schedule for this past season. Henry County was ranked 47 out of 60 4A schools in that catagory and Dyersburg was ranked 52 out of 57. Trezevant also told us NOTHING. Would you rather learn NOTHING and WIN or learn NOTHING and LOSE? I will take the win ANYTIME. I have seen enough losing around here to last a lifetime.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 27-10 game came after six or seven consecutive losing seasons. Poor scheduling in my opinion. How can ANY loss be a confidence builder to a program that knew nothing but losing? The 17-7 loss was a better game but not as close as the score makes it seem. It is more than an unrealistic stretch to think that a loss in August had ANYTHING to do with a late November victory.

The 17-7 game in 2006 was 3-0 at halftime so how in the world is it not as close as it seems? and yea playing the number 1 toughest schedule that year definately prepared us for big playoff wins.

We played Dickson County the last four years as an out of district team. They are traditionally a tough and quality team. If my memory serves me well they have beaten us every other year until this past season. The fact that they were terrible last season was not expected nor was it our fault. I dont look for us to be good enough to put a running clock on teams like we did last season so keep your seat in the second half to see if we win at all. I agree with the history versus Clarksville teams and I hope that it continues. As far as what Counce does you need to check the strength of schedule for this past season. Henry County was ranked 47 out of 60 4A schools in that catagory and Dyersburg was ranked 52 out of 57. Trezevant also told us NOTHING. Would you rather learn NOTHING and WIN or learn NOTHING and LOSE? I will take the win ANYTIME. I have seen enough losing around here to last a lifetime.

If you are coming on here to set people straight then get yours facts correct! We have beat Dickson Co. three out of the last four years. Also, I heard nobody in West TN would schedule us besides Humboldt & Liberty. Do you really not think playing tougher competition helps a team? Look at Hillsboro this year and that should be all the evidence you need. They played MBA & Franklin two excellent teams in non-region games and lost both. It helped them be battle tested against top tier competition and ready for a playoff run that ended with a championship!

If you are coming on here to set people straight then get yours facts correct! We have beat Dickson Co. three out of the last four years. Also, I heard nobody in West TN would schedule us besides Humboldt & Liberty. Do you really not think playing tougher competition helps a team? Look at Hillsboro this year and that should be all the evidence you need. They played MBA & Franklin two excellent teams in non-region games and lost both. It helped them be battle tested against top tier competition and ready for a playoff run that ended with a championship!

I dont think it helped Hillsboro. I think they were just good. I dont think it helped us to be beaten by Ridgeway twice in a row while trying to turn the program around. Maryville NEVER plays a tough schedule aside from an early season game with Alcoa yet they won over 70 games in a row. Alcoa NEVER plays a tough schedule except for an early season game with Maryville yet they win the state championship very often. I think a tough schedule is overblown. Would Maryville have beaten Hillsboro if their schedule had been tougher? I dont think so. I think Hillsboro won because they had better players and simply played better.

I dont think it helped Hillsboro. I think they were just good. I dont think it helped us to be beaten by Ridgeway twice in a row while trying to turn the program around. Maryville NEVER plays a tough schedule aside from an early season game with Alcoa yet they won over 70 games in a row. Alcoa NEVER plays a tough schedule except for an early season game with Maryville yet they win the state championship very often. I think a tough schedule is overblown. Would Maryville have beaten Hillsboro if their schedule had been tougher? I dont think so. I think Hillsboro won because they had better players and simply played better.

I agree with you realgame!! I think it is a little premature to be selling any of next years opponents short. I promise you that there woll be some good teams on the schedule next year and probably a couple of teams that are very good. We will be very good again,I think, but we won't have the explosiveness that we had this year. Don't look for many,if any, running clocks.

GO BIG RED

I agree with you realgame!! I think it is a little premature to be selling any of next years opponents short. I promise you that there woll be some good teams on the schedule next year and probably a couple of teams that are very good. We will be very good again,I think, but we won't have the explosiveness that we had this year. Don't look for many,if any, running clocks.

GO BIG RED

We agree. You said it a little nicer than I did so maybe you will be safe from attack. I think you are right on target.

The only thing we had to lose was our confidence. The first butt whipping they gave us rattled our confidence for several weeks. If not for a surge in the playoffs it would have been a 6-5 season. The second loss to them was not as bad and our team probably was not as adversely affected by the loss. I dont think either loss helped our confidence and I dont think either loss helped us in ANY way at all. We just wont agree on this but I understand your point. I think it was a mistake to schedule a powerhouse like them coming off of six or seven consecutive losing seasons.

I guess we will just agree to disagree! I for one might believe that that surge that you speak of in the playoffs may have come from some great coaching and kids who had been battle tested and had seen everything that they could have seen and then things started to click. All I am saying is that with a easy region we should schedule a little tougher out of region. NO REASON to play Humbolt!! I just was hoping with as far as we had come that we might see a team besides someone from Clarksville at Patriot Stadium. How excited do you think our town would be if we were 4-0 and getting ready to play Germantown or Hillsboro or a Brentwood Academy in that 5th game?? Even if we played good and lost all of the surroundings of the game would be a victory for our team and were we are now as a program. If we say we are one of the best in the West (and I think we are) then we should go out and prove it in non region games!

I guess we will just agree to disagree! I for one might believe that that surge that you speak of in the playoffs may have come from some great coaching and kids who had been battle tested and had seen everything that they could have seen and then things started to click. All I am saying is that with a easy region we should schedule a little tougher out of region. NO REASON to play Humbolt!! I just was hoping with as far as we had come that we might see a team besides someone from Clarksville at Patriot Stadium. How excited do you think our town would be if we were 4-0 and getting ready to play Germantown or Hillsboro or a Brentwood Academy in that 5th game?? Even if we played good and lost all of the surroundings of the game would be a victory for our team and were we are now as a program. If we say we are one of the best in the West (and I think we are) then we should go out and prove it in non region games!

We prove it every year in the playoffs.

We prove it every year in the playoffs.

I agree with you on that! I am so proud of our coaches and our players! They are the reason that THE BIG RED has turned this thing around!

and Hillsboro proves it every year in the playofs too and they play out of region games that get their fans excited. I am through talking about this because I am all for the BIG RED and I don't want to come across as a negative fan.

I JUST WISH WE WERE PLAYING SOME BIG OUT OF REGION GAMES TO PROVE IT ALSO!

I guess I am just selfish and want to watch some big games before the playoffs!!

I agree with you on that! I am so proud of our coaches and our players! They are the reason that THE BIG RED has turned this thing around!

and Hillsboro proves it every year in the playofs too and they play out of region games that get their fans excited. I am through talking about this because I am all for the BIG RED and I don't want to come across as a negative fan.

I JUST WISH WE WERE PLAYING SOME BIG OUT OF REGION GAMES TO PROVE IT ALSO!

I guess I am just selfish and want to watch some big games before the playoffs!!

I do understand your position and yes we are both Big Red fans! I cant wait until next season.

• 1 month later...