Manassas vs Ridgeway

yankees8589

Manassas/Ridgeway: Two of the top teams in Shelby County square off December 23rd. Ridgeway will be the favorite. This game features two of the best big men in the State squaring off in Reginald Bucker from Manassas (ranked #30 in the country class of 2009) squaring off against Tarik Black from Ridgeway (ranked #61 in the country class of 2010).

Buckner is an Ole Miss commit

Black has offers from Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas, UT, and Ole Miss

Team edge goes to Ridgeway

Head to Head edge goes to Buckner

Just my opinons.

Wish I could make it to this game but I will not be able to. My son is home for Christmas from New York (Nuclear Navy man). We will probably go to a game closer to Jackson.

I think that tomorrow's Ridgeway/Manassas game will be another good, competitive game, similar to their meeting last year during the 2007 Finch Classic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

While I have not seen ANY High School basketball, yet, this season (mentally, I'm still in the FOOTBALL mode), I do know that Ridgeway lost their top 2 scorers (and other key players) from last season's Championship team. I think that Manassas lost some key starters as well (perhaps Legend can fill me in, on this).

Productivity-wise, Ridgeway is likely a shell of its former self. As such, I suspect that they're gonna lose a whole lot more games this year (maybe 8 to 10). Nevertheless, because they are well coached (Henning), RW will ALWAYS put together a cohesive bunch & perform at a high, competitive level.

As for Manassas, I honestly think that their Coach (no disrespect) is a notch or two below RW's Coach. Therefore, while Manassas might have more overall talent returning (I suspect) than RW, I would not be shocked to see Manassas lose to RW, tomorrow night, in somewhat of a repeat performance from last year:

-------------------------------------------------

If my memory is working, last year, Manassas jumped all over Ridgeway during the 1st-half. They nearly shot RW out of the game....I think that they went up by double-digits over RW, going into half-time.

The 2nd-half was a completely different story, from what I recall.

RW made the necessary adjustments, Manassas did not counter (I think that Buckner barely touched the ball, strangely enough, during the 2nd-half)....RW quickly overcame the double-digit defecit, a posted a convincing victory.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridgeway beat Manassas by 8 tonight. Ridgeway played hard when they got down and a couple of guards came in and really attacked the goal. Ridgeway was without one of their starting big men too. Manassas looked very tired in the second half. Buckner totally dominated the second quarter. He was playing the point, blocking shots, getting and 1's and dishing out some pretty assist. Manassas had no shooters tonight. Walker hit early but faded in the second half.

siegel( not sure on spelling) handled Liberty pretty easy in the first game. siegel has nice size down low, and some nice strong guards. In my opinion their coach subbed too much but they were in control the whole game and even ran off about three dunks at the very end. Liberty played very flat. They looked sort of like Memphis shooting because I know they were maybe 4 for 60 shooting threes tonight. The defense got them back in it at the end but they shot very poorly.

Ridgeway beat Manassas by 8 tonight. Ridgeway played hard when they got down and a couple of guards came in and really attacked the goal. Ridgeway was without one of their starting big men too. Manassas looked very tired in the second half. Buckner totally dominated the second quarter. He was playing the point, blocking shots, getting and 1's and dishing out some pretty assist. Manassas had no shooters tonight. Walker hit early but faded in the second half.

siegel( not sure on spelling) handled Liberty pretty easy in the first game. siegel has nice size down low, and some nice strong guards. In my opinion their coach subbed too much but they were in control the whole game and even ran off about three dunks at the very end. Liberty played very flat. They looked sort of like Memphis shooting because I know they were maybe 4 for 60 shooting threes tonight. The defense got them back in it at the end but they shot very poorly.

The Liberty game is suprisisng. What was the final score?