David Brainerd tourney..

kknike

Was a great tourney, well run and class act. Temple's coach really should have took his team to Bradley to play and pressed them but Coach Cottrell ran a great tourney.

I was at the game. Interesting comments on Temple's coach. What I saw was his team press the first half, not at all in the second half. Also the starters were pulled midway through the third quarter with the exception of one. And the reason he kept one starter in was because only nine girls dressed out so he had no other choice but to keep one starter in along with the four available reserves.

He also played those reserves the rest of the third quarter and the entire fourth quarter. And played zone the entire fourth quarter. What else would you have him do? It isn't like this is the first time Hixson got beat like that this season.

There's also something to be said for getting a team in shape and getting their feet back under them after a lengthy holiday break with a tough schedule looming right around the corner. In addition, perhaps Hixson would have been better off if Temple had kept pressing. Hixson scored 14 points in the first half when Temple was pressing and scored only 6 in the second half (0 in the third quarter) when Temple wasn't.

I may be wrong, but I believe Temple only got 11 points from its starters in the second half, too, all in the third quarter.

Perhaps you feel the way you do because you are dating the coach.

And its not as if Temple is any good this year. Geez. I believe they were 4-4 coming into today's game weren't they? With a 40-something point loss to CSAS to boot. And Temple was 11-17 a year ago, I believe, and is minus two key players (both posts) from that team.

Nobody comes over and tells you how to keep stats during the game. You perhaps should maintain the same operating procedure when it comes to your views on opposing coaches.

Was a great tourney, well run and class act. Temple's coach really should have took his team to Bradley to play and pressed them but Coach Cottrell ran a great tourney.

Was a great tourney? That's past tense, meaning that the tourney is already over. I may be mistaken but I believe the tourney runs for three days, not two, with the final day being Tuesday.