Oakland in 09

2priceless

It will be tough to repeat, but this team plays a very physical style and wins the close games. I wasn't able to make the 2nd Round game against Cookeville but I've heard all about it and they were able to beat a very good CHS team that night. I've always felt if we could've gotten past Oakland we would've had a shot at the Gold Ball, but the ball just didn't bounce the right way for us that night. Good luck to Oakland in '09 and hopefully if we meet up again the outcome will be a little different!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Cav. I don't think it was any secret that I wanted Joslin for our head coach! I was really bummed when things didn't go that way. He is a great defensive guy who has built up a very strong program . Good man on top of it all who is respected by all.

2p I don't know if OHS will be 6A as Riverdaleman said, I talked with one of the parents and they said with the number of students there OHS might be in 5A come playoff time. I don't know about a repeat for OHS, but I do think the state champion will still come from Middle Tn. Either from Rutherford or Williamson Cty.

2p I don't know if OHS will be 6A as Riverdaleman said, I talked with one of the parents and they said with the number of students there OHS might be in 5A come playoff time. I don't know about a repeat for OHS, but I do think the state champion will still come from Middle Tn. Either from Rutherford or Williamson Cty.

Rutherford County by far has the best chance... who in Williamson will be able to contend next year? Aren't they all going to be down?

Maybe if you are a good little fan, someone will let you get a glimpse of that ring. Maybe you can shine it with your hot little breath. Come to Smyrna and you will see TWO! But then, we don't want you over here.

We are on to the tactics at Oakland. Everyone knows how Rankin did it, so you will be "watched" in all things. And leave Jeremiah alone. Why aren't you screaming about the "recruiting" going on over there, 2gutless? You sure screamed at Riverdale over the years.

You people at Oakland need to be giving your old defensive coordinator a ring instead of the "get back" coaches. He made it easy for McNapoleon to come in and do well.

How long will the speech be at the banquet? Everyone knows how loud that horn "toots."

Maybe if you are a good little fan, someone will let you get a glimpse of that ring. Maybe you can shine it with your hot little breath. Come to Smyrna and you will see TWO! But then, we don't want you over here.

We are on to the tactics at Oakland. Everyone knows how Rankin did it, so you will be "watched" in all things. And leave Jeremiah alone. Why aren't you screaming about the "recruiting" going on over there, 2gutless? You sure screamed at Riverdale over the years.

You people at Oakland need to be giving your old defensive coordinator a ring instead of the "get back" coaches. He made it easy for McNapoleon to come in and do well.

How long will the speech be at the banquet? Everyone knows how loud that horn "toots."

I know if I went to Oakland I would see more than two!

Now that the weather is nice, I see you crawled back out from under your rock. I suppose I can speak for just about everyone and say that you haven't been missed.

trust me, I will see the rings before you will. They will look better than Smyrna's. Never was a fan of purple or gold.

Fred Samuel is right....we have 8 sets of rings at Oakland, not two. Anytime I want to look at one, I can just ask my son to send me a photo of his. It is awful neighborly of you to worry about me.

This coaching staff worked many long and hard hours to achieve their success this yr. It was not a one man show. Coach Moose's strong D did help, but I am sure he doesn't expect anyone to hand him over a ring. Hope his OWN hard work pays off and scores him a ring where he is now.

As for the banquet, I suppose Mc can say anything he wants and for as LONG as he wants. Why do you care? You won't be welcome there anyway.

As for recruiting.....I don't like it. Everyone knows this. I am for truth, justice, and the American Way.

• 2 weeks later...