AAU Middle School National Duels

Cox

The AAU Middle School National Duels are held every year at Simpson College ign Indianola, IA. Tennessee has been going for several years with growing success.

Prior to this year the team was hand selected from coaches around the state. While this hand selecting process has provided great wrestlers such as Cameron Croy, Michael Hooker, Jeremy Miller, Zach Watson, TJ Duncan, and Daniel Bauke all State Champion, hand selection is not the wrestling way.

Those involved in the selections are planing in the future to have 4 qualifiers (West, Middle, Chattanooga, and Knoxville) that will meet in Middle Tennessee with the winner being the selected wrestler. This year time is not allowing us to have the 4 qualifiers but is it allowing us the 4 man final tournament. This will be held in late January or Feburary.

With the time crunch the coaches will be responsible for each area's team that will represent their geographical area against the rest of the state. The winner of the 4 man mini tournament will be selected for the team.

I do not know how the rest of the state is doing it but in Middle Tennessee I would like to figure out a way for the middle school coaches of the state to meet together and have some form of seeding meeting to determine the team.

I know between Metro, HVAC, WMAA, The Shooters, NCW, Mt. Juliet, Dickson County, and others we can produce a strong team. This selection is going to take the help of many coaches.

Any coaches with Ideas or input please email me at KLC5J@mtsu.edu

This team will be selected in the up coming weeks and information will be used as it is received.

]

This is a great opportunity to see the best the country has to offer. But it is not for the faint of heart.

TJ Duncan was asked after The Duels what was harder winning the TSSAA State Title as an 8th grader or going undefeated in Iowa......His response IOWA

Looks like your timing is going to keep the three 8th graders from McCallie that are on varsity off your team and two of them were on the team last year. (ranked 3rd Tn high school DII ) Blake Henry 160 Satterfield 215 plus

both on last years team. Ranked and finished 3rd @ Father Ryan this year Houston Clements 135( hurt last year )

How can you have a TEAM TN and leave those guys off ? Dont have a dog in this race but I would want these three talented guys on my team going out there !!

All three will be wrestling @ TN states DII Mid Feb

Hooker Duncan Watson were great additions to the team as 8th graders and state champs as well.