BOLIVAR @ LIBERTY [FRIDAY]

btownbasketball

Bolivar lost by three points in both games against Liberty last year. This should be a close game if Bolivar has gotten over there xmas break hangover. They did'nt play over the xmas holiday and it showed against Mcnairy Co. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Williams and Liberty will take it to the Tigers this year by 6 points. They are very disciplined and will win with this.

Bolivar Tigers came out of hybernation and took it to Liberty in the second half. Final score 75 to 68. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bolivar Tigers came out of hybernation and took it to Liberty in the second half. Final score 75 to 68. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bolivar was down by 8 with somethig like 5 minutes left in the third and won by 7...that's a 15 point swing. I was really paying close attention to the 4th quarter and Bolivar never wilted. Great game. Two great coaches, Two great teams, and two teams with plenty of college talent on display. If Bolivar would have knocked down a few more FT's the 2nd half they would have won by 10 to 12. I think 10 different playes in this game scored in double figures. I love Jay Murphys game and K Anthony from Liberty is going to be a special player by his senior season. He is only a sophmore. T Johnson may have been in fould trouble some of the game but Bolivar still would have won. I think Ross would have had an impact in a game like this to and he wasn't even there for Bolivar. Just like I said before the season started these two teams are the cream of the crop from rural West TN. Followed by DC, Humboldt, and Lake County.

BTW, I understand Ross was at Harvard on a FootBall recruiting vist and will make a vist to Yale next week. Is that true and is he being recruited as a WR or Punter? My guess is WR.

Bolivar was down by 8 with somethig like 5 minutes left in the third and won by 7...that's a 15 point swing. I was really paying close attention to the 4th quarter and Bolivar never wilted. Great game. Two great coaches, Two great teams, and two teams with plenty of college talent on display. If Bolivar would have knocked down a few more FT's the 2nd half they would have won by 10 to 12. I think 10 different playes in this game scored in double figures. I love Jay Murphys game and K Anthony from Liberty is going to be a special player by his senior season. He is only a sophmore. T Johnson may have been in fould trouble some of the game but Bolivar still would have won. I think Ross would have had an impact in a game like this to and he wasn't even there for Bolivar. Just like I said before the season started these two teams are the cream of the crop from rural West TN. Followed by DC, Humboldt, and Lake County.

BTW, I understand Ross was at Harvard on a FootBall recruiting vist and will make a vist to Yale next week. Is that true and is he being recruited as a WR or Punter? My guess is WR.

To the best of my knowledge, both Harvard and Yale are recruiting Mitch as a wide receiver. Also UT Martin and UT Chatt are after him pretty hard. I really feel that if he was more known that he could play at a "bigger" football school. But what an honor to be recruited by two Ivy League schools!!

Hey Yankees, what was your impression of Des Crisp? I wrote on here about 3 weeks ago about him, but I didn't know if you got to see that post. He has really come into his own and can at the very least play at a High Mid Major School. Also, I noticed where you wrote about Whitehorn in that same thread. He is getting better everytime he steps on the floor and is loaded with potential. He is a guard but sometimes is not playing that role because he has more to learn.

You are right about Jay Murphy and Kendall Anthony. They both had big games and controlled the tempo. Jonathan Hodge showed up in a major way tonight also. Not only the points, but taking his defensive game down low and guarding the post.

Im also very impressed with Tarius Johnson. I think his only downfall will be if he doesn't grow anymore.

To the best of my knowledge, both Harvard and Yale are recruiting Mitch as a wide receiver. Also UT Martin and UT Chatt are after him pretty hard. I really feel that if he was more known that he could play at a "bigger" football school. But what an honor to be recruited by two Ivy League schools!!

Hey Yankees, what was your impression of Des Crisp? I wrote on here about 3 weeks ago about him, but I didn't know if you got to see that post. He has really come into his own and can at the very least play at a High Mid Major School. Also, I noticed where you wrote about Whitehorn in that same thread. He is getting better everytime he steps on the floor and is loaded with potential. He is a guard but sometimes is not playing that role because he has more to learn.

You are right about Jay Murphy and Kendall Anthony. They both had big games and controlled the tempo. Jonathan Hodge showed up in a major way tonight also. Not only the points, but taking his defensive game down low and guarding the post.

Im also very impressed with Tarius Johnson. I think his only downfall will be if he doesn't grow anymore.

I'm sold on Crisp...FOR SURE. I think he can be D1..at what level I'm not sure. He hasn't had that much exposure but I know Rudesill has contacts and is well known by alot of college coaches. Do you know who is showing interest in Crisp?

Can't you imagine someone asking Mitch "Where are you looking to go to school?"

He replies: "Harvard, Yale, or UT Martin. I can't decide."

Not knocking UTM, but it's just funny.

I'm sold on Crisp...FOR SURE. I think he can be D1..at what level I'm not sure. He hasn't had that much exposure but I know Rudesill has contacts and is well known by alot of college coaches. Do you know who is showing interest in Crisp?

I can't answer your question, but I think a Sun Belt or OVC school could take Crisp and redshirt him and end up with a gem in 2011.