DRESDEN ATHLETICS?

TOPDOLLAR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

Again.........Dresden needs more participation. HC has more kids on the 9th grade football team than Dresden has on its varsity team. Whoa........save it......I know the school is much, much bigger but that's not the point...........you need more kids participating. The head football coaching position was offered to a friend of mine a couple of years ago and there was no way he was going to step into that trap! It's a no win for an established coach. Why choose Dresden? Pay? Level of competition? What's the draw other than a HUGE challenge?

I AGREE. THATS WHY THEY WILL HAVE TO GET A YOUNG HUNGRY COACH. THEY WILL HIRE FOOTBALL COACH BUT WONT HIRE HIS ASSISTANTS. SO ITS A DEAD END ROAD. MY QUESTION WHY EVEN HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM BC OF MONEY THEY WILL MAKE. IM JUST CONFUSED ABOUT BBALL COACH IF HE HASNT HAD A WINNING SEASON IN HIS TENURE AND HADNT WON A GAME THIS YEAR? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

I AGREE. THATS WHY THEY WILL HAVE TO GET A YOUNG HUNGRY COACH. THEY WILL HIRE FOOTBALL COACH BUT WONT HIRE HIS ASSISTANTS. SO ITS A DEAD END ROAD. MY QUESTION WHY EVEN HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM BC OF MONEY THEY WILL MAKE. IM JUST CONFUSED ABOUT BBALL COACH IF HE HASNT HAD A WINNING SEASON IN HIS TENURE AND HADNT WON A GAME THIS YEAR? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

Top Dollar, I'm unsure why you are on a message board hiding behind the name top dollar since you want everyone fired so bad. Why not go to the administration at Dresden and Board of Education if you are so sincere about Dresden Athletics getting better. Sounds like you want to make it harder on everyone from coaches to players.

Also you might want to check you facts. You said no team has been any good since the 90's.

FACTS: Football team has been down the last couple of years but they were in the playoffs 2 straight seasons in the toughest region in 2a in 03/04 or 04/05 not sure which. Boys basketball team won around 18 or 20 games 2 seasons ago. Baseball was in sub-state 2 or 3 straight years about 3 years ago and the girls basketball team has had maybe 1 losing season since 98.

You have every right to your opinion. But don't hide behind a message board name and post lies. Post your opinion but if you are going to post facts make sure they are right. It not only hurts the people you are intending to hurt but also makes the community and athletes look bad as well. Since I am a graduate of DHS that bothers me. Also if you care so much why don't you come back and watch a few games, I try to go to the home games and some on the raod, show some support and do what you can to help the situation(like you say the city should) instead of just complaining.

PLEASE TELL ME SUBSTATE BASEBALL GAME. AND WINNING BOYS BBALL TEAM. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I WAS ALL REGION PLAYER JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR. I CARE ABOUT DRESDEN AND WANT CHANGES. TEAMS I PLAYED FOR DIDNT ACCEPT LOSING

yes it is fact that the baseball team was in sub-state and lost to USJ in 04 and 05. I believe some of the players were Adam Clements, Matt Thomas, Wil Levister. The boys bball team was like 18 and 10 2 years ago. THAT IS FACT!!!

When exactly did you play at Dresden? Because outside of the late 80's with Popeye and Peanut, the early and mid 90's Dresden has never consistently won in anything, always a littel above average but never over the top. I was just wondering which teams you played on. I might remember you since I have been supporting the prgrams since I was in high school and might remember how good you were.

91.92.93. We had pretty good teams not above average

Football team was really good I believe in 92 or 93, something like 10-2 right? boys basketball wasn't very good during that time if I remember correctly, I believe it was 94-95 that Jay Bowers, Jonathan West, and Ashley Cleek led them to substate. Before that year, i f my memory is correct the teams weren't any better than they are now.