Gotta brag a little

CHAMPDDS

Alright, I have to brag on my crew...The HEAT (out of Camp Jordan Indoor-East Ridge) u-14 girls travelled out of Chattanooga, won the u-14/15 Girls division at the 2009 TNFC Battle of Franklin held this weekend at the Robert Ring Arena in Franklin, Tennessee. They beat the TNFC Lady Thunder 4-0, lost to the TNFC 94 GIRLS WHITE 1-0 (from an excellently placed direct kick that hit the upper 90 dead on..kudos to the TNFC player that hit that shot !!!), and beat the BRENTWOOD ETILESALTA (Atlas Elite) 2-1....which placed the top three teams in a three way tie, but through the tiebreaker equations, the HEAT won first place..

As a side note, the HEAT also played an extra non-tournament game against the TNFC u-14 girls, and the HEAT won 5-2...

They sure make indoor coaching easy , I just have to sub, and watch them play some really great soccer !

Here is a link for Chattanoogan.com:

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142329.asp

David

Alright you little Braggart /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Who's in your bracket for the MLK tournament or do you know yet?

BTW...Congrats on your 1st place finish. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MVM

Alright you little Braggart /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Who's in your bracket for the MLK tournament or do you know yet?

BTW...Congrats on your 1st place finish. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MVM

I was wondering how long it would take for you to make a comment....no schedule yet for MLK....I think there are only four teams in our division....

D

How did the Heat do with Saturday's game?

Won 4-0 against a u-16 team (not select level)..they had a very good keeper, and we only play 30 minutes total, which helped moderate the score...we play twice today, against Signal Mt Storm 96, and a team from Cookeville, not sure of their status....kinda strange set up for the tournament...there are 6 u14/16 teams, and we only play three games total, based on point system, yet we do not play everyone...luck of the draw who we match up against...not the best set up....because the other strong team (probably East Ridge 95 Shockers) never goes head to head with us...

2nd game MLK Indoor at Camp Jordan:

The Heat 3 v Signal Mountain 96 0

The Heat plays Cookeville Impact next...( a shutout clinches the tournament for us, beating ER Shockers, on point system)

East Ridge Shockers 95 7 v Screaming Eagle (Signal Mountain MS ?) 3

East Ridge Shockers 95 3 v Cookeville Impact 0

Soddy Daisy Girls were losing to Notre Dame Girls with 10 minutes left...Go Irish !

2nd game MLK Indoor at Camp Jordan:

The Heat 3 v Signal Mountain 96 0

The Heat plays Cookeville Impact next...( a shutout clinches the tournament for us, beating ER Shockers, on point system)

East Ridge Shockers 95 7 v Screaming Eagle (Signal Mountain MS ?) 3

East Ridge Shockers 95 3 v Cookeville Impact 0

Soddy Daisy Girls were losing to Notre Dame Girls with 10 minutes left...Go Irish !

I didn't know that SD had put a team in.....I refereed the ND u-19 girls Sat. night and Sunday night. The indoor team is awesome, It's loaded with their awesome Seniors.

Oh....Congrats on the your player getting the blue card.....Oh yes I heard /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In an unbelievable turn of events, THE HEAT wins the u14/16 MLK Indoor Tournament....I'll set up the scenario:

The HEAT lost our third game to a u-16 team from Cookeville, 3-1 yesterday, which at the time knocked us out of contention for the tournament, (My team was way too relaxed and confident from two previous shutouts, to appreciate that this Cookeville team wanted to win this game badly, after losing earlier to the ER SHOCKERS 3-0, and it showed...the other team played to win, our team was just there)

As the schedule had the ER SHOCKERS playing a team (u-16 Thrashers) today that had previously not been very strong (and the HEAT had beat 4-0), the SHOCKERS were in a great postion to win the tournament based on the point system..all they needed was a win, or even a tie......0-0 with less than a minute to play, the Thrashers took advantage of the keeper out of the box, the ball got behind her, and a tap in goal gave the Shockers a loss, so the HEAT goes from 2nd, to first.....WOW....

As per the YELLOW CARD (it was actually a four minute yellow !)....we deserved it...my player, twice, had kicked the ball after being called for a foul...she needed the cool off..it was appropriate to get her to learn some sportsmanship...

D

As per the YELLOW CARD (it was actually a four minute yellow !)....we deserved it...my player, twice, had kicked the ball after being fouled...she needed the cool off..it was appropriate to get her to learn some sportsmanship...

D

Congrats to the Heat...Man you guys are Hot! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Yes the pun was intended.

Sorry I thought it was a blue card....But Getting a card for lack of focus or language is a killer.... I never minded my players for getting a card for playing aggressive (as long as there was not intend to hurt other player). I always considered that part of game.

• 1 month later...

Well, thought I would add one last entry, since the indoor season ended this weekend. The u-14 girls team, THE HEAT, won the East Ridge (Camp Jordan) end of season tournament, with a 3-2 sudden death overtime win over the East Ridge Shockers (u-14 girls). The HEAT was also undefeated during the regular season....

Whew, now I can put up my coaching hat, and put on my manager's hat for the regular outdoor season with PSA 95...

David