underdogs for A/AA

madrid5

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everyone is under estimating station camp this year they lose their gaol keeper and have everyone else returning. and to take that goal keepers spot they have a freshmen that is coming in that looks pretty good and can hold down the spot.

You all are ranked in the pre-season and have seen no one type a cross word about Station Camp. You finished the year last year ranked as well. So I see no reason to think everyone is doubting Station Camp.

who does Station Camp have in their district?

Station camp doesn't have a very strong district. The only real competition on a regular basis is Portland, White House, and (just recently) Merryl Hyde.

As for Station Camp being underestimated, that is completely untrue. I understand teams playing the disrespect card to fuel their players' drive, but SC has 10 returning starters and there isn't a team that they can't hang with, if not beat

• 2 weeks later...

To DeKalb Coach,

I think that was a indirect attack on Station Camp mentioning their enrollment. There are lots of A-AA schools with large enrollments that stink in soccer. S. C. is a growing area thus their increase in enrollment from when they were placed in A-AA a few years ago. They are going to be AAA next year.

That being said, Station Camp is successful for more than their enrollment.

As to public schools It should be noted that Hume-Fogg is a public school and made he final in A-AA in 2007. White House and Ridgeway were frequent participants at the state tourney in the past at A-AA. So have Sheffield, Livingston, Haywood Co, Northside and Martin Westview.

No doubt the private schools have dominated in A-AA. But it is not impossible for public schools to make it.

To DeKalb Coach,

I think that was a indirect attack on Station Camp mentioning their enrollment. There are lots of A-AA schools with large enrollments that stink in soccer. S. C. is a growing area thus their increase in enrollment from when they were placed in A-AA a few years ago. They are going to be AAA next year.

As to public schools It should be noted that Hume-Fogg is a public school and made he final in A-AA in 2007. White House and Ridgeway were frequent participants at the state tourney in the past at A-AA. So have Sheffield, Livingston, Haywood Co, Northside and Martin Westview.

No doubt the private schools have dominated in A-AA. But it is not impossible for public schools to make it.

It will be dominated by privates in the East till next year when Catholic moves up unless Alcoa (got close last year), Seymour, or Carter can beat CAK! The privates dominate They are loaded with West Knoxville club players and no one can compete. The Chattanooga privates try and fail, So does Nashville, and oh yeah the two privates in Jackson are dreaming too! How long will the East reign in AAA?

It will be dominated by privates in the East till next year when Catholic moves up unless Alcoa (got close last year), Seymour, or Carter can beat CAK! The privates dominate They are loaded with West Knoxville club players and no one can compete. The Chattanooga privates try and fail, So does Nashville, and oh yeah the two privates in Jackson are dreaming too! How long will the East reign in AAA?

it seems like AAA is the only unpredictable class. once catholic leaves, CAK will be the only dominant team in A/AA.

and then there will be around 6 or 7 state contenders in AAA

To DeKalb Coach,

Sorry for the indirect attack, I have a great deal of respect for Station Camp. They do have a very successful program and good coaches on both the boys and girls sides. We have been frustrated getting to the Region repeatedly to face a school 400 students (1.5 times larger) bigger than us, but that's life. We were excited to see Station Camp and Portland moving up only to find our region changed to include Notre Dame and Chatt. Christian. Once again that's life, and we will keep working to get better and eventually be a state contender.

i think everyone is under estimating station camp this year they lose their gaol keeper and have everyone else returning. and to take that goal keepers spot they have a freshmen that is coming in that looks pretty good and can hold down the spot.

I'm not underestimating Station Camp. I expect them to do very well. The goalie (Austin?) I have seen and although he is not all world like Jay, he is above average in his understanding of the position and also has good athletecism and quickness. Additionally the transfer from New Jersey (Billy) is an outstanding pick up for the team. I'm very impressed with his composure and read of the game. Station Camp should do very well.

Sorry for the indirect attack, I have a great deal of respect for Station Camp. They do have a very successful program and good coaches on both the boys and girls sides. We have been frustrated getting to the Region repeatedly to face a school 400 students (1.5 times larger) bigger than us, but that's life. We were excited to see Station Camp and Portland moving up only to find our region changed to include Notre Dame and Chatt. Christian. Once again that's life, and we will keep working to get better and eventually be a state contender.

I understand the frustration. Pretty much all of the public schools in TN understand what it's like to lose to schools that "recruit" (in a way). You just can't expect to be handed an easy way into the state tournament though. It is quite a feat to get into the state tourney if you're a public school. I've actually seen (and a long time ago played against) dekalb county and if you were in a stronger district you'd have a hard time getting into the top half of the district. No disrespect at all, don't get me wrong, it's just that soccer isn't as big where you are. You have a good program. Keep up the work. You'll get there one day